Video: Building The Board: Defensive Tackle | Dallas Cowboys 2021

morasp

Reaction score
Sound like they're hoping to get more pass rush from Hill and Gallimore on the IDL.

Creeper

Reaction score
DallasCowboys.com can do so much better than the guys who cover the team now.

Having said that, I think we all agree #10 is too high for Barmore. Togiai would be a great pick at 99 if he falls that far. If the Cowboys trade down to about 15 and get another 2nd, take Barmore then come up with a CB like Stokes in round 2, I would be pretty happy.

dwmyers

Reaction score
Saw a bit of this video. Felt it played favorites and kinda brushed off some other reasonable choices in the 2nd - 3rd round (McNeil, Tuipulotu). Pretty forgettable.

D-

J-man

Reaction score
It sort of concerns me that they seem to be pushing the Togiai possibility lately. I think he may be their target at 99 and they're trying to warm us up to the player. To me he seems like a tweener, not quite fast enough for 3T, but not quite big enough for 1T.
I'd rather take a shot on some other guys that are more role specific.
I have them ranked in this order, and this is my order of how much I like them for our need, not necessarily how good they are:

1T: Barmore, McNeil, Shelvin, Tuitulopu, Tonga, Slaton, Togiai, Wilson, Brown
3T: Onwuzurike, Tufele, Nixon, Ohdighizuwa, Stills, Tyaman, Williams

dwmyers

Reaction score
It sort of concerns me that they seem to be pushing the Togiai possibility lately. I think he may be their target at 99 and they're trying to warm us up to the player. To me he seems like a tweener, not quite fast enough for 3T, but not quite big enough for 1T.
I have them ranked in this order, and this is my order of how much I like them for our need, not necessarily how good they are:

I would be curious why you view Barmore as a 1T. Most pubs suggest his best role is 3T.

D-

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
DallasCowboys.com can do so much better than the guys who cover the team now.

Having said that, I think we all agree #10 is too high for Barmore. Togiai would be a great pick at 99 if he falls that far. If the Cowboys trade down to about 15 and get another 2nd, take Barmore then come up with a CB like Stokes in round 2, I would be pretty happy.

Same for me. I don't know if Stokes will be available in the second, but this corner class seems fairly deep so we should be able to get a quality player there. Plus, corner is a little less important in this scheme than in some others because of the way Quinn plays them. That doesn't mean you don't need good ones, just that great isn't absolutely necessary.

J-man

Reaction score
If someone does feel that way don't read the post. Just trying to add some content.

Don't take me seriously, I was just messing with they way those guys worded their posts.
I have nothing against you and I enjoy your posts.

J-man

Reaction score
I would be curious why you view Barmore as a 1T. Most pubs suggest his best role is 3T.

D-

I think most believe he will play the 1T here along side of Galimore at the 3T. At least I do. Many see him as the type that can generate some pass rush from the inside, while still be large enough to hold up well against the run.

Gaede

Reaction score
Helman's great. I don't know what the problem is.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I think Togiai would a good 3 down 1T. He isnt huge, but he is incredibly strong and hard to move. Can play uphill too. My biggest issue with him is his length. Id feel better about if not for Gallimore, who also doesn't have great length. Your two DT's could be guys with a smallish tackle radius. Could be a problem