Building the Prototype

bodi

Reaction score
https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/building-the-2020-prototype--quarterback

Pocket Presence – Jacob Eason, Washington

We haven’t actually seen Jacob Eason play college football in a hot minute, but from what he showed at Georgia, he has the tools of everything you look for in an NFL pocket passer. One of the aspects of his game that really stood out to me on film was his overall presence in the pocket, especially as a true freshman in the SEC. His cool demeanor under intense pressure at such a young age was incredibly promising to see, and he is only going to get better with each rep. With his physical tools, arm talent, and flashes of tight-window accuracy, Jacob Eason could make a serious case this year as a top quarterback prospect.

Decision Making – Jake Fromm, Georgia

Speaking of Georgia quarterbacks, the player I’m picking for this trait is who supplanted Jacob Eason for the Dawgs: Jake Fromm. He may not have Eason’s physical skill set in terms of arm talent, but Fromm is really methodical in how he operates from the pocket. Fromm plays the game controlled and at a high cerebral level, as he rarely forces unnecessary throws. This is evidenced by his touchdown to interception ratios the last two seasons (24-7, 30-6). If Fromm can put together another year of consistency and production, expect his name to be in the early round conversation

this are my two QB.s

bodi

Reaction score
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/g...WF2q-OFp7D6H9QoXY0DgfPy_TVL2v4pTCFQqtMgb3bB48

Kirk Herbstreit likes Jake Fromm's Heisman value, says he's 'arguably the best leader in the country'

“I think Georgia has a chance to have a magical year,” Herbstreit said. “Arguably the best leader in the country is Jake Fromm, the quarterback at Georgia. I know he hasn’t put up big numbers up to this point in his career, but I do think that his steady hand and his leadership and Georgia winning week after week after week, don’t be shocked if you get to November and Jake Fromm is a name a lot of people will be talking about.”

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I like both Fromm and Eason. In fact, I like the other QB Georgia had, Justin Fields, who is now at Ohio State. Seriously, hats off to their recruiting coordinator.

Fromm is definitely a gamer, he reminds me of a less risky Tony Romo.

As far as scouting prototypical type QBs though, Eason just looks like a NFL QB. Height, throwing motion, footwork, etc. I'm really looking forward to seeing what he does at UWub this year.

John813

Reaction score
It could be a great potential QB class if the juniors declare, and well of course don't suck.

I like Fromm and Eason too. Eason was also at UGA until Fromm too over and Eason transferred. So, props to their recruiter there.

Addin Tua and Herbert and a few surprises... it could be a good year to suck for some teams.