Bullcrap I have to put up with in New Jersey

Tyler

Reaction score
Living in New Jersey, I'm surrounded by Eagles fans, and it really ticks me off. My friend at school thinks the Eagles are better than the Cowboys in every way. Heres some things he says, and my answers to them:

Friend:You know the Eagles are better.
Me: Um, 5, countem, 5 superbowls.
Friend: Yah that's all they have to brag about. When's the last time they went to the superbowl? Um, 9 years ago?
Me: Whens the last time the Eagles won a superbowl? Oh wait, that's right, they never did!
Friend: So? We were in the most recent superbowl.
Me: Oh yeah, the one that you lost?
Friend: So? The Patriots were a better team. We were even able to play with our injured Terrell Owens... who had 8 catches!
Me:Yes, but um, can you tell me something? Who injured T.O? Cowboys!
Friend: So? He still played, and you said the Eagles would stink without him.
Me: Dude, the whole NFC besides the Falcons and Eagles were good. Had you been playing in the AFC, you would've lost. You just can't handle the truth that we're better.
Friend: Bah. Not only are WE better. We also have better fans. At least we don't sell Eagles tickets. On the news it said that Cowboys fans at bars were selling tickets.
Me: You don't even know why they had to sell those tickets. For all you know, something important could've come up.
Friend: Nah they're just a bunch of dumb Texans who don't care about their team. When they wake up they go Yee-haw!
Me:Oh yeah, when people from Philadelphia wake up, they go, oh no wheres the box I was sleeping under?

And the conversation continues on and on. But heres what happened today. I was wearing my Troy Aikman jersey, and when there was this big rally for my school, I went up to the bleachers when the whole top row started chanting ," Cowboys Suck!"

I hate living in New Jersey.Not enough Cowboys fans.

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
Right now the Eagles are better than the Cowboys, but if you're talking about franchises overall and not the Ms. Jackson's "What have you done for me lately" then it's Dallas and everyone else.

And to me fans who curse out families/throws objects/other criminal acts does not = good fans.

DeputyDawg

Reaction score
Tyler said:

I live in Central PA. Everyone here is either a Steelers fan or an Iggles fan so I know exactly what you're going through.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
I guess it's alright to be illogical; for the lack of a better word (trollogical), on the smack zone. Because this post does not make good football sense.

Your fandom-home is where your heart is! For example, I live in the Washigton-Virginia-Maryland tri-State metropolitan area. Technically, this is Commander, and Ravens, country (both within a span of a 45 minute drive apart). I'm an Eagles fan -- yet I enjoy listening to Commanders/Raven fans boast allegiance to their respective teams (what's the alternative?).

This poster says he lives in New Jersey -- an area that hosts the Eagles, as well as the Jets, and the Giants. If you're a Cowboyz fan you should either deal with the situation and make the best of it (equalize the smack talk with your own banter), or move to the Dallas-Houston metro area and listen to the Houston Texans smack talk!

The point is ...stop whinning about what you consider a geographical debilatating technicality based on where you happen to live. Otherwise, in essence, what's your solution -- make everyone a Cowboys fan so that you don't have to listen to opponent fan's smack talk?

I don't think so!:banghead:

Tyler

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
The point is ...stop whinning about what you consider a geographical debilatating technicality based on where you happen to live. Otherwise, in essence, what's your solution -- make everyone a Cowboys fan so that you don't have to listen to opponent fan's smack talk?

I don't think so!:banghead:

Yah know, some how I knew you would reply. Stop trying to act like you actually know what it's like for me. I am telling you, theres only about 1 other Cowboys fan in the entire school. For each day during football season, I have to listen to the Fight song on the morning announcements. I have to look around and see too many Eagles jerseys. Whenever I mention that the Cowboys are good, there are 5 people that automatically come up to debate against that. I was once given a detention for wearing a Cowboys cap when the school said Eagles uniform day.

Bryan8284

Reaction score
I live in NJ and I know maybe 4-5 other Dallas fans. My hallway in my dorm at school is filled with Eagle fans that know TO is god and that's it. You ask who is your starting DT they say Tra Thomas.

Oh, of course.

bigblue92

Reaction score
not enough cowboy fans in jersey? i could name 6 right off the bat in my highschool in north jersey. it sickens me. a lot have shown face recently because of that little "playoff run" in 03. your friend is right if you're talking about right now, and i would take his side because most cowboy fans go back to the whole 5 superbowl ring things.most teenage cowboy fans were only there to experience the glory days of the early 90s.

Hoov

Reaction score
Jersey ? I live IN Philly. Have always been a Cowboys fan - at least 25 years now. And I know lots of other Cowboys fans around here too. But what else would you expect - "America's Team" we have fans EVERYWHERE !!!!

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Hoov - Jersey ? I live IN Philly. ...always been a Cowboys fan - at least 25 years now. And I know lots of other Cowboys fans around here too

I hear you Hoov. I'm from Philly too - South West Philly. And I must say I have much more respect for you (as a Cowboyz Fan), than I do for someone who cries about being among predominantly influenced opponent fans from other teams. It takes a lot of loyalty to stand up and say "Im a ________ fan and I'm not influenced by the majority team fans."

I don't envy you; but I repsect your courage under fire! Stay strong in Philly.;)

TX Cowboy

Reaction score
When do you Dallas fans realise that the E-Girls and their delinquent fans are
nothing more then bottom feeding losers? who enjoy the failures their team
brings while we accept only winning 1 prize. I wouldn't even debate football
with *******s like them, I'd much rather laugh point to my finger and remind
them that while they chant Dallas sucks

we have something they can neither talk about or say they have had the experience of ever winning, but we can many have been around to see
the Cowboys win super bowls. E-Girl fans have never got around to seeing
the great joys of what is it is like to be on top of footballs greatest
mountain.

They talk out of both sides of their *** so the next time a E-Girl fan looks in
your direction and says Dallas sucks, just consider the source of who knows
more about sucking then we do

I think never winning a super bowl is all the proof of sucking we need

Hoov

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
I hear you Hoov. I'm from Philly too - South West Philly. And I must say I have much more respect for you (as a Cowboyz Fan), than I do for someone who cries about being among predominantly influenced opponent fans from other teams. It takes a lot of loyalty to stand up and say "Im a ________ fan and I'm not influenced by the majority team fans."

I don't envy you; but I repsect your courage under fire! Stay strong in Philly.;)

Phoenix-Talon.....Your alright dude. Looking forward to GOOD chats with you regarding Cowboys-Eagles and football in general. It's fun to watch football games with people when some of us are rooting for opposite teams, it makes the game more intense and keeps you on the edge.

My dad got me into football and the cowboys when i was very young and after that i've always been a cowboys fan, my uncle was in Navy with Staubach, they were in a simulated prison camp for 6 weeks together. My uncle got in touch with Staubach through the Navy when he found out i was into football and the cowboys, Staubach sent me a letter and signed picture with a personal message, it was all over after that.

Incidentally, I have 2 brothers living in Houston and they are both BIG Steelers fans - Go Figure

Tyler

Reaction score
Hoov said:
. But what else would you expect - "America's Team" we have fans EVERYWHERE !!!!

Oh no no no. You see here in my school, all the Eagles Fans claim that the Eagles are americas team. They think that since america was founded in philidelphia and that the national bird is the eagle, that gives them the right to call Eagles americas team. Like the title says....Bullcrap!

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Tyler said:
Oh no no no. You see here in my school... america was founded in philidelphia and that the national bird is the eagle, that gives them the right to call Eagles americas team. ...Bullcrap!

The Eagles never professed to be "America's team -- the United Stated military are doing their best to maintain that title as they struggle with Iraq's team!

By the way, do you even know the name of the group of people called themselves Pilgrims; who landed at Plymouth Rock in Philadelphia a:rolleyes:nd founded America.

Sarcasm off ...

Sure, we have the Liberty Bell (which migrated from Massachusetts), COnstitution Hall (where the delcaration of Independence was signed by Thomas Jefferson, William Penn, etc), William Penn's statue, as well as being the second Capitol of the United States, however ...America was not "founded" in Philadelphia, even though Plymouth Rock is a real place.
(I couldn't resist having a little fun with this history buff). Listen, if we use your concept, America's team would be the Boston Patriots -- and I'd that would be awful!:D

Hoov

Reaction score
Tyler said:
Oh no no no. You see here in my school, all the Eagles Fans claim that the Eagles are americas team. They think that since america was founded in philidelphia and that the national bird is the eagle, that gives them the right to call Eagles americas team. Like the title says....Bullcrap!

Yeah. I know. But Anuway.......Don't take things so PERSONAL....The NFL is an entertainment BUSINESS. Jerry Jone, Bill Parcells and the players on the Cowboys team don't need us to stand up for them...Just becaus someone says"dallas sucks" doesn't make it so unless YOU believe it.

We know what we have....and yes its been difficult lately but the tide will turn, as fans it is our obligation, and JOY to support the team until we retrun to greatness.

Do you think there are any PLAYERS on the cowboys losing sleep over what some Eagles fan says about our organization....so why are you.....I feel your passion so cont to root for OUR COWBOYS, just don't get caught up in what other people say.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
TX Cowboy: "...so the next time a E-Girl fan looks in your direction and says Dallas sucks, just consider the source of who knows more about sucking then we do"

Huh? :confused: :rolleyes: You win!

TX Cowboy

Reaction score
Hoov said:
Yeah. I know. But Anuway.......Don't take things so PERSONAL....The NFL is an entertainment BUSINESS. Jerry Jone, Bill Parcells and the players on the Cowboys team don't need us to stand up for them...Just becaus someone says"dallas sucks" doesn't make it so unless YOU believe it.

We know what we have....and yes its been difficult lately but the tide will turn, as fans it is our obligation, and JOY to support the team until we retrun to greatness.

Do you think there are any PLAYERS on the cowboys losing sleep over what some Eagles fan says about our organization....so why are you.....I feel your passion so cont to root for OUR COWBOYS, just don't get caught up in what other people say.

Agreed just because they say it doesn't make it so but it's the reason behind
why they say it that people need to understand, and in that case it comes
down to 1 word that says it all

Jealousy they don't have a past they can look at and be proud of but we do
and for that they hate us with a passion, they hate that we can remind them
of what true success is many have been around (like my self) and many
others who can remember when Dallas won a super bowl

the great joy and feeling of walking into school one day and showing off how
proud you are that your team is footballs champions, or walking into the
company office with a large smile on your face and bragging at those who
hate and loath you so badly about how great it is to be on top

What can they smile or brag about? their history now is about losing but to
them losing is ok it's a super bowl win for them if they now beat us. so
then they figure that we will return the favor in kind and make beating
them our super bowl if we are not winning it that year

but our world doesn't revolve around mediocrity and being bridesmaids and
never the bride. we all ready went through that title back in the early years
before Dallas ever won a super bowl. but we went from being the bridesmaids
to the Cinderella story of the NFL

they are still the bridesmaids and may have to face a grim reality that, that
is all they will ever be and nothing more, they have had try after try and
each resulted in failure on each attempt

for what ever reason that maybe I don't know and I don't care to know all I
do know is. it feels great to be sittin on footballs highest mountain even
with out winning a super bowl now. watching the peons of the NFL do
battle to try and knock off the flag ships of the NFL

Watching the failures watching them ***** and moan and loving every minute
of their jealousy. over what only a few hand picked franchises were capable
of doing becoming a dynasty

Godamm it feels great to be number 1

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tyler said:
Living in New Jersey, I'm surrounded by Eagles fans, and it really ticks me off. My friend at school thinks the Eagles are better than the Cowboys in every way. Heres some things he says, and my answers to them:

Friend:You know the Eagles are better.
Me: Um, 5, countem, 5 superbowls.
Friend: Yah that's all they have to brag about. When's the last time they went to the superbowl? Um, 9 years ago?
Me: Whens the last time the Eagles won a superbowl? Oh wait, that's right, they never did!
Friend: So? We were in the most recent superbowl.
Me: Oh yeah, the one that you lost?
Friend: So? The Patriots were a better team. We were even able to play with our injured Terrell Owens... who had 8 catches!
Me:Yes, but um, can you tell me something? Who injured T.O? Cowboys!
Friend: So? He still played, and you said the Eagles would stink without him.
Me: Dude, the whole NFC besides the Falcons and Eagles were good. Had you been playing in the AFC, you would've lost. You just can't handle the truth that we're better.
Friend: Bah. Not only are WE better. We also have better fans. At least we don't sell Eagles tickets. On the news it said that Cowboys fans at bars were selling tickets.
Me: You don't even know why they had to sell those tickets. For all you know, something important could've come up.
Friend: Nah they're just a bunch of dumb Texans who don't care about their team. When they wake up they go Yee-haw!
Me:Oh yeah, when people from Philadelphia wake up, they go, oh no wheres the box I was sleeping under?

And the conversation continues on and on. But heres what happened today. I was wearing my Troy Aikman jersey, and when there was this big rally for my school, I went up to the bleachers when the whole top row started chanting ," Cowboys Suck!"

When you get a little older and have other things to worry about....you will realize that it is not that big of a deal.

They like their team, we like ours.

Some people are jerks no matter what team they root for, some people are good people no matter what team they root for...it's all something that at the end of the day is silly when you get older and think about it.

Sure we are all proud of our team, is it fun to have a little razzing between teams fans...sure...but to let it get you so worked up is a waste of your time and furthermore they know it so they will continue to do it.

And finally at last, anyone that has to go to the silly level of just saying...your team sucks...is once again wasting your time.