"Bullet" Bob Hayes

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bob and the unis were the reason the Cowboys became the only football team I've loved. Bob and the Cowboys destroyed my dad's giants, I loved it. A few years later Roger came along and won my Dad over. In the years to come my father and I bonded over Cowboys football, we lived and died Cowboys together. We both were crushed when Tom was fired. A month later my dad passed.
Every time I hear the name bullet Bob, I am filled with great memories
On to the next super bowl and the next Cowboys legend to emerge
Thank you Bob.

Hardline

Reaction score
He was telegraphing plays in the Ice Bowl. He would put his hands in his pockets on running plays and the Packers picked up on it.

Flamma

Reaction score
Morton was very fortunate to have Hayes on the team. I never liked that QB.

That first video cracked me up.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My first favorite Cowboy.
Mine too. I saw him play in person in 1965, his rookie season when I was 7, which was and remains probably the greatest rookie season in Cowboys history. He scored 13 total TDs in 14 games and averaged 22 yds per reception.

Few players in NFL history can say they literally changed the game. Bullet Bob ushered in the modern zone defense in pass coverage because he was completely unguardable in single coverage.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I remember when the NFL tried to claim that Darrell Green was the fastest player ever. Funny, I don't recall Green holding sprint records that even Usain Bolt couldn't beat. Hayes' fastest leg of a relay still stands with Bolt in second all time place.
In bold ^^^: Who ran a faster leg? I thought Bob Hayes had the fastest ever run 100 leg?

Brax

Reaction score
"Bullet" Bob Hayes gave an opposing player 5 seconds after intercepting a pass before Bullet ran him down...

The fastest man ever...

"Bullet" Bob Hayes...

:starspin:

Thanks, most people have no idea how fast Bob was, the 4x4 relay win is still hard to believe today. Gold and SB winner and a player who changed the game and how Defense had to play.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Mine too. I saw him play in person in 1965, his rookie season when I was 7, which was and remains probably the greatest rookie season in Cowboys history. He scored 13 total TDs in 14 games and averaged 22 yds per reception.

Few players in NFL history can say they literally changed the game. Bullet Bob ushered in the modern zone defense in pass coverage because he was completely unguardable in single coverage.
Watching Dandy Don throwing to Bullet Bob in 1965 was one of my greatest memories watching Cowboys Football. It was the year the losing stopped and our franchise turned the corner.

I was about 10. I know I probably watched games before 1965 but that was the first year I recall watching every game . And my streak officially begun.