Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Just got the news from Dale.

Ware will miss both practices today.

Spears will sign soon.

Ken

Reaction score
That's good news. Hopefully all of them participate in both practices tommorow.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Breaking story is on its way up on DC.com. Should be up any moment. Tune in there for all the details. :)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Dale said:
Breaking story is on its way up on DC.com. Should be up any moment. Tune in there for all the details. :)
Thanks again Dale.

Ken

Reaction score
Daleapalooza is officially underway!

:)

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Thanks for giving us the great news. Has anyone signed around Ware's #11 spot? Seems like the agents are afraid to set the market.

StarMan2112

Reaction score
Great news. Thanks Dale and Hos. I hope this Ware thing doesn't get ugly.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That's great news. I was most concerned about the Burnett signing for a few reasons. Having missed the mini camp, he was already a bit behind (as BP clearly stated yesterday, no doubt sending a message--which seemed to have worked).

Also, as a second rounder he should have been significantly easier to get signed. If He wasn't first of the 3 signed I would have been worried about Burnett and his potential checking into the 'Hotel'.

Ware and Spears may both be a bit more difficult due to the CBA running out. The years remaining allow for less pro-rating of signing bonuses, which in turn can make the bonus itself smaller.

I think this is causing a problem throughout the league this year.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the CBA could be an issue, but I think it has alot to do with the fact that very few 1st rounders have signed. Only about 5 or so have signed.

I think Ware will be able to catch up fairly quickly because he did attend both minicamps.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Erik_H said:
I think this is causing a problem throughout the league this year.

It is and this is why we should not be worried about Ware not being signed, sealed and delivered yet.

It is unfortunate he is not there yet, but relatively few rookie first round picks have signed.