Burnett you little twerp; maybe he saved his job today

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
His consistent play before and after his immature and arrogant taunting at a fallen player might have saved his job. Or saved him from a tongue-lashing by the coaches staff.

First, because he has not gotten stature in the NFL to taunt ANYBODY.
Second, his idiocy could have cost the Boys a game.

I wonder if there were some reactions among the Cowboys coaches and Jones to maybe cut his ash as a lesson to the team. We can forgive the Flozell-like penalties because they are in the act of trying their hardest.

Taunting a player is unnecessay and stupid.
I hope Wade or Stewart deals with him.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;1759727 said:
His consistent play before and after his immature and arrogant taunting at a fallen player might have saved his job. Or saved him from a tongue-lashing by the coaches staff.

First, because he has not gotten stature in the NFL to taunt ANYBODY.
Second, his idiocy could have cost the Boys a game.

I wonder if there were some reactions among the Cowboys coaches and Jones to maybe cut his ash as a lesson to the team. We can forgive the Flozell-like penalties because they are in the act of trying their hardest.

In all fairness to Kevin, he manned up in the second half and made some good plays including the stop on the third best TE in the NFL behind Gonzalez and Witten

tyke1doe

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1759731 said:
In all fairness to Kevin, he manned up in the second half and made some good plays including the stop on the third best TE in the NFL behind Gonzalez and Witten

Fourth best TE behind Gonzalez, Gates and Witten.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
tyke1doe;1759736 said:
Fourth best TE behind Gonzalez, Gates and Witten.

Witten is ahead of Gates. Gates never would have run 30 yards without a helmet.

I even wonder if Witten is now ahead of Gonzalez who is now more hype than substance

Q_the_man

Reaction score
My cousin will be OK, he played alot better in the second half, I did get a couple phone after that from my hommies laughing that my cousin my lose the game for us.

But all n all he played decent and I'm glad to see he's getting more PT, hopefully he can join the starting lineup soon and not make silly penalties that could have cost us.....

SaMaD_KhARoME

Benched
Reaction score
dude relax

your not on the football field, so you wouldnt know the fire and passion these guys play the game with

easier to criticize players, when your sitting in a nice lush sofa

give me a break

overreaction

actual29

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1759731 said:
5th best
id take gates and k. winslow over shockey ANYDAY

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
SaMaD_KhARoME;1759746 said:
dude relax

your not on the football field, so you wouldnt know the fire and passion these guys play the game with

give me a break

overreaction

Oh, yeah? It was not a lush soft, it was a banana crate with a Dallas Cowboys cushion, Mr. Mack McAssumption.;)

SaMaD_KhARoME

Benched
Reaction score
i swear some of you guys on this board are just straight lame and uptight

the board is filled with those geeky hall monitors that were in your senior class and would go above and beyond the call of duty by handing out detention slips and telling the teacher.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
SaMaD_KhARoME;1759767 said:

the board is filled with those geeky hall monitors that were in your senior class and would go above and beyond the call of duty by handing out detention slips and telling the teacher.

You don't have to be on the field to realize when a player's actions are a detriment to his team.

What's lame and geeky... is YOUR attempt to rationalize Burnett's boneheaded and ill-timed taunt.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
SaMaD_KhARoME;1759767 said:

Sorry you got so many detention slips.

The fact remains, Burnett did a geeky thing for no good reason and it hurt the team. If you are OK with that, then good on you, brutha

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
That call on Burnett was terrible. How could the official hear what he was saying? Those idiots (the Giants) talk more trash than anyone in the league. Jacobs was jawing facemack to facemask with one of our players.

Sam Madison followed Terrell Owens all the way to the sideline after one play. No call. Strahan had his helmet off and was on the field running his big fat and over the hill trap, no call on him.

Jacobs took a cheap shot at Bradie James after a play, and James barely touched Jacobs and he flopped. Yet, James was flagged when he took a late cheap shot in the open field. How could the officials miss it?

The official should have gone over to Burnett and pulled him away. It isn't like Burnett was down there long.

With all the talking that goes on in games, the call on Burnett was bad.

Kevin Burnett showed up big today.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1759739 said:
Witten is ahead of Gates. Gates never would have run 30 yards without a helmet.

And you know this how? BTW, I think Witten's catch and run sans a helmet was great. But any other player would have done the same thing.

I even wonder if Witten is now ahead of Gonzalez who is now more hype than substance

Gonzalez is still considered the premiere tight end in the league. But look who he has throwing him the ball? Imagine if he had a Romo tossing him the pigskin. :eek:

Gonzalez also is more athletic and has better speed than Witten. This is no knock on Witten. He is an exceptional tight end. But I don't think it takes away from him just because one considers Gonzalez better.

BTW, my list wasn't in any order in terms of how I rank the tight ends.

playmakers

Reaction score
Everybody was talking trash out there. I was literally yelling at the tv telling them to shut up and not because I mind some trash talk here and there, but it was getting so ridiculus that the refs could of called it on at least 15 plays todays. Burnett absoultey deserved his 15 yarder. Later in the game Jacobs was talking just about the same but they didnt call it. If I was Wade I would of told them to just shut up and play in the 2nd half.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
tyke1doe;1759865 said:
And you know this how? BTW, I think Witten's catch and run sans a helmet was great. But any other player would have done the same thing.

I know it for the same reason you know any other player would do the same.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;1759727 said:
Don't worry, Stewart flatly said in the postgame interview that it was stupid and that the coaches let him hear about it.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
i was so upset i could spit nails at that penalty...but he played his best game as a cowboy....he proved what speed at lber can do for us....we cannot cut him, he is the only lber with that kind of speed and quickness

Woods

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1760007 said:
Don't worry, Stewart flatly said in the postgame interview that it was stupid and that the coaches let him hear about it.

I doubt Burnett does it again anyway. He was probably just really pumped up. It was a stupid mistake, and I'm sure he knows it. It's not like he does stuff like this consistently.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
SaMaD_KhARoME;1759746 said:
dude relax

give me a break

overreaction

In case you missed it, this is a FAN site and we can rant and second guess all we want. Perhaps cutting Burnett is an overreaction, but it was a totally idiotic, stupid penalty that could have cost his team a critical game!