Burnett you little twerp; maybe he saved his job today

Tobal

Reaction score
Jimmy would have ranted and raved, but no way he cuts Burnett.... What productive player with upside did Jimmy ever cut?

I get so tired of that talk

ologan

Reaction score
When all is said and done.....The stupid,immature,lack of discipline penalties are truly what separates us....From the Patriots!

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;1759727 said:
His consistent play before and after his immature and arrogant taunting at a fallen player might have saved his job. Or saved him from a tongue-lashing by the coaches staff.

First, because he has not gotten stature in the NFL to taunt ANYBODY.
Second, his idiocy could have cost the Boys a game.

I wonder if there were some reactions among the Cowboys coaches and Jones to maybe cut his ash as a lesson to the team. We can forgive the Flozell-like penalties because they are in the act of trying their hardest.

Taunting a player is unnecessay and stupid.
I hope Wade or Stewart deals with him.

it shouldnt have drawn a penalty, especially in this kind of game...he did some jawing with the guy, so what? he didnt punch him, kick him or show him up...it was some talk

and it especially should not have been flagged when you consider Giant players were doing it quite often, and not being flagged for it

David

CarlJohnson

Reaction score
41gy#;1759818 said:
That call on Burnett was terrible. How could the official hear what he was saying? Those idiots (the Giants) talk more trash than anyone in the league. Jacobs was jawing facemack to facemask with one of our players.

Sam Madison followed Terrell Owens all the way to the sideline after one play. No call. Strahan had his helmet off and was on the field running his big fat and over the hill trap, no call on him.

Jacobs took a cheap shot at Bradie James after a play, and James barely touched Jacobs and he flopped. Yet, James was flagged when he took a late cheap shot in the open field. How could the officials miss it?

The official should have gone over to Burnett and pulled him away. It isn't like Burnett was down there long.

With all the talking that goes on in games, the call on Burnett was bad.

Kevin Burnett showed up big today.

I agree 100%. I also think it's sad that that's a penalty to begin with. I understand the rules and i know he shouldnt have done it and he cost us points. Im just saying the fact that if you get up and talk some trash its a penalty these days is rediculous. Also its pretty hard for the refs to stay consistant with this rule. Just separate 'em and send 'em back to the huddle. 15 yards for talking? Gimme a break.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
ologan;1760202 said:
When all is said and done.....The stupid,immature,lack of discipline penalties are truly what separates us....From the Patriots!

I have seen the Pats do what Burnett did alot this yr...curious why it doesn draw flags

David

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
dbair1967;1760208 said:
I have seen the Pats do what Burnett did alot this yr...curious why it doesn draw flags

David

So if the refs are out to get us (which isn't my opinion) then it's even dumber to commit stupid penalties such as taunting, right?

alancdc

Reaction score
SaMaD_KhARoME;1759746 said:
dude relax

your not on the football field, so you wouldnt know the fire and passion these guys play the game with

easier to criticize players, when your sitting in a nice lush sofa

give me a break

overreaction

You don't have to be an NFL player to know not to act like that when you make a tackle when the other team is simply running out the clock. He played a really nice game aside from that immature mistake.

CarlAllDay

Reaction score
im sorry but the penalty was crucial but that type of attitude is needed when you play a team like the giants because they will try to intimidate you so burnett was giving it back by telling jacobs to bring it.

i dont mind the penalty if it lights the fire under the defense which i think it did(3 points in the second half)

because the giants were trash talking all day long especially sam madison who enventually ate some humble pie twice in the second half.

but im happy that our team is confident, and can be agressive right back with teams on the road we're not letting anybody take our hearts in their house or not.

we can talk and back it up.

call me crazy but im pretty sure this team is gonna back it up if we see the pats again in the superbowl.

with tnew and henry getting healthy and tank in the rotation, a fresher ratliff, a healthy ellis, and even reeves as a 3rd corner isnt that bad,

the defense is gonna get even better by the playoffs!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1759731 said:
In all fairness to Kevin, he manned up in the second half and made some good plays including the stop on the third best TE in the NFL behind Gonzalez and Witten

I agree. Kevin made a bonehead mistakes and let his emotions get the best of him in a game that was highly emotional. However he made some very nice plays in the game and helped provide some very good pressure. I want him playing with that intensity level but he has to play smarter than he showed right before halftime.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;1759727 said:
His consistent play before and after his immature and arrogant taunting at a fallen player might have saved his job. Or saved him from a tongue-lashing by the coaches staff.

First, because he has not gotten stature in the NFL to taunt ANYBODY.
Second, his idiocy could have cost the Boys a game.

I wonder if there were some reactions among the Cowboys coaches and Jones to maybe cut his ash as a lesson to the team. We can forgive the Flozell-like penalties because they are in the act of trying their hardest.

Taunting a player is unnecessay and stupid.
I hope Wade or Stewart deals with him.

Yes Carol Burnett's job is safe for now but Karen Carpenter is poised and ready.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;1760213 said:
So if the refs are out to get us (which isn't my opinion) then it's even dumber to commit stupid penalties such as taunting, right?

I never said they were out to get us...I said he shouldnt have been flagged for it in this type of game

then I said I see a team like the Pats do it, and it isnt flagged

David

Nav22

Reaction score
Everyone needs to get off Burnett's back.

Yes, he made a stupid mistake... but really, his only mistake was that he leaned over Jacobs to blatantly trash-talk in his face. Without the "lean-over", there is no flag. These guys all jaw at each other on a regular occasion, but the league doesn't want an obvious visual that show the fans watching at home that the trash-talking is taking place. Hence the flag.

Regardless... he's human, he made a mistake, I promise you he'll learn from it, and it won't happen again. Get off his back.

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;1759809 said:
Sorry you got so many detention slips.

The fact remains, Burnett did a geeky thing for no good reason and it hurt the team. If you are OK with that, then good on you, brutha
My only defense of Burnett would begin and end with admitting that taunting is not yet called consistently by refs. Or at least that's my impression. Put it this way: there remains a helluva lot of taunting that doesn't get called.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
ologan;1760202 said:
either you have been reading my posts or we think alike. We have got to STOP the dumb s***. We have got to stop allowing teams from returning punts/kicks for TDs on us. We have got stop keep drives alive with penalties. I love the new regime. I love that the guys are having fun. But these loose lips by Crayton and these dumb penalties are driving me nuts. And it is clear it is driving Jimmy Johnson nuts. We have a young team...but Ellis (because you know Flo and TO will not) needs to let these guys know how hard it has been to toil for 10 years and not win a playoff game. We let a GOLDEN opportunity slip away last year with conservative playcalling...and another GOLDEN opportunity will slip away if we do not clean up idiotic plays

The Pats are taking full advantagde (and I do not blame them) of the fact that half of the NFL is just bad, then the one's that are good might not have the depth to overcome injuries. Then their is a team like us, that is good, that has depth, so they will look for any edge they can find against us, and they FEEL they can outhink us and outclass us because guys like Crayton think a game can be won in front of a microphone

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
So long as the lad learnt his lesson.
But it needs to be dealt with to let the other team members know that this type of unnecessary thing is uncalled for and WILL hurt the team.
We will make our share of penalties.
But lets just not let this type of idiotic penalty also weigh us down.

But . . . a silver lining was that Burnett probably felt like such a goat he was scrambling in the second half, man. So that may have shamed him into play even better.