But wait, I thought that other site had so many more...

whcarm

Reaction score
Today Roy Philpunk has been gloating about how superior his site is to this site. He has been boasting about how many more people are over there and how little are over here.

But here are some interesting numbers:

Today, after that site "broke" so bogus rumor trying to get more people to subscribe to the site, should have been a huge day for that site, right?

Hmm, nope.

I went through the pages. That site has a few stickies, which I discounted, but I took the top 24 regular posts from each site. Here is what I found:

the top 24 threads here had been viewed a total of 12513 times. While the top 24 threads there had only been viewed 12025 times.

And just to dismiss any claims that the threads get updated there more often, all of the 24 threads were from today.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
whcarm said:
Today Roy Philpunk has been gloating about how superior his site is to this site. He has been boasting about how many more people are over there and how little are over here.

Today, after that site "broke" so bogus rumor trying to get more people to subscribe to the site, should have been a huge day for that site, right?

Hmm, nope.

I went through the pages. That site has a few stickies, which I discounted, but I took the top 24 regular posts from each site. Here is what I found:

the top 24 threads here had been viewed a total of 12513 times. While the top 24 threads there had only been viewed 12025 times.

And just to dismiss any claims that the threads get updated there more often, all of the 24 threads were from today.

Not to mention our game day threads usually have massive pages, the game day threads there usually go 10 pages maybe.

Hell we get 10 page threads for NFLE games lol

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
whcarm said:

Hmm, nope.

I think today was the first time I ever went over to their message boards, because of all that was going on. I USED to get their emails... I unsubscribed today, though I've been meaning to for a while. The emails that flood my inbox from there with fluff news, rumors, and speculation really tick me off.

And today was pretty eye opening too regarding that site. Some guy from RR was online all day today making the most ludicrous arguments. I swear it was like arguing with someone who had never watched a day of football and really analyzed it ever. It was like arguing with someone who just spits out what they hear on TV. Bet he got most of his ideas from RR. Needless to say it was a slaughter in the argument department :D

If you're interested in seeing an RR subscriber in action, check out the B. Lloyd Commanders extention thread.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I swear it was like arguing with someone who had never watched a day of football and really analyzed it ever. It was like arguing with someone who just spits out what they hear on TV. Bet he got most of his ideas from RR. Needless to say it was a slaughter in the argument department

Link?

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Rack said:
Vintage, I'm telling you. Stay at this place for a week or two and you'll never go back to the other place.

I think he already likes it more Rack. He's been enlightened today;)

whcarm

Reaction score
the stupid thing about all of this is that I would say a majority of the best posters on both sites regularly check both sites.

Once I found out about this site, I regularly checked both sites daily.

I do not condone anyone copying and pasting any of the stuff that their site offers with their subscription. However, there is absolutely nothing wrong with someone reading their information and posting information they have learned over here. They just can't copy and paste. And everytime I have seen information that has come from over there, it has been plainly clear where it came from.

Regardless, Roy's behaviour today was completely immature. He claims he is a businessman, but his actions today portrayed him as sophmoric. When I pointed that out and told him that he what he was doing was detrimental to his site, he promptly banned me.

But whatever, if someone is going to ban someone for being honest, if someone is going to delete posts for offering their honest thoughts, then that is their problem.

This thread isn't meant to insult Roy or the other site. It is just meant to show that Roy's claims that the other site is far superior and has so much more traffic is not 100% true.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
whcarm said:
the stupid thing about all of this is that I would say a majority of the best posters on both sites regularly check both sites.

Once I found out about this site, I regularly checked both sites daily.

I do not condone anyone copying and pasting any of the stuff that their site offers with their subscription. However, there is absolutely nothing wrong with someone reading their information and posting information they have learned over here. They just can't copy and paste. And everytime I have seen information that has come from over there, it has been plainly clear where it came from.

Regardless, Roy's behaviour today was completely immature. He claims he is a businessman, but his actions today portrayed him as sophmoric. When I pointed that out and told him that he what he was doing was detrimental to his site, he promptly banned me.

But whatever, if someone is going to ban someone for being honest, if someone is going to delete posts for offering their honest thoughts, then that is their problem.

This thread isn't meant to insult Roy or the other site. It is just meant to show that Roy's claims that the other site is far superior and has so much more traffic is not 100% true.

Yeah I don't have anything against the fans who post over there. We're all Cowboys fans for Pete's sake. But to see the display that Roy made today was embarrassing as a Cowboys Fan. I didn't even know who Roy was before today, but now I'm glad I never spent money, no matter how much, for that site.

Interesting question... when he bans you, is there any means of getting money back, your funds prorated or whatever?? Seems like there should be if you can get banned for the slightest misstep as far as Roy is concerned.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
peplaw6 I dont think Vintage is as dumb as you made him out to be.

He did get off at 1st because you guys were just bagging the Commanders for spending to much.

However he is right about them spending what ever they want on players and it not hurting them. So really from now on I could care less what they pay people because obviously at the end of the day they'll scheme up a way to get what they want.

And as for Brand Loyd he does scare me because he did play extremely well against us, he's young and talented, and I think he's a good compliment to Santanna Moss, the guy we are still trying to figure out how to stop. Hopefully we figured out how to stop Loyd.

And oh yeah they got Al Saunders as their new offensive coordinator and a lot of people seem to be forgetting that. If he can make things work with the receivers he had in KC then he should have no problem in Washington.

As far as bashing some of the Cowboys moves and Roy Williams I guess thats just his opinion and can't say I agree.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with 90% of the posters over there. I like and respected most of them. My problem was with TD3, and really I don't even have a problem with him anymore. He did lie about why he banned me, but at the same time he could of banned me many times before for real reasons.

My only problem is how the owner of that site charges you for lies he made up or other info that is free anyway. And after what RoyPhilpott did today... no respect whatsoever. He showed his true colors today (actually it was yesterday technically).

And he posted more during that lie laced tirade then I ever saw him post before. All he was doing was trying to be "one of the guys" and gain support. And the fools followed. The intelligent ones either stayed out of it or tried to defend both sides. Some of thsoe guys, like Whcarm and BigDfan, were banned.

I still find it laughable that he got upset cuz people were "Stealing" from him. Stealing is something he's familiar with... he's been stealing from his subscribers for years.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
CATCH17 said:
peplaw6 I dont think Vintage is as dumb as you made him out to be.

He did get off at 1st because you guys were just bagging the Commanders for spending to much.

However he is right about them spending what ever they want on players and it not hurting them. So really from now on I could care less what they pay people because obviously at the end of the day they'll scheme up a way to get what they want.

And as for Brand Loyd he does scare me because he did play extremely well against us, he's young and talented, and I think he's a good compliment to Santanna Moss, the guy we are still trying to figure out how to stop. Hopefully we figured out how to stop Loyd.

And oh yeah they got Al Saunders as their new offensive coordinator and a lot of people seem to be forgetting that. If he can make things work with the receivers he had in KC then he should have no problem in Washington.

As far as bashing some of the Cowboys moves and Roy Williams I guess thats just his opinion and can't say I agree.

I wasn't in total disagreement with all of his opinions. I thought the way he was going about it was illogical... then he started backing off his statements after we pressed him on them. It just became painfully obvious that he was just arguing for arguments sake. The Henry thing and the Fergie thing stand out most in my mind. He had no evidence to back up what he was saying, it was just baseless opinions, just to be contrarian.

Then he started putting words in my mouth. There were just a lot of things he did or said that frustrated me, because I was sitting there reading the thread, and he's telling me that I'm reading what he types wrong. Then at the end to start putting words in my mouth really set me off.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Rack said:
I don't have a problem with 90% of the posters over there. I like and respected most of them. My problem was with TD3, and really I don't even have a problem with him anymore. He did lie about why he banned me, but at the same time he could of banned me many times before for real reasons.

My only problem is how the owner of that site charges you for lies he made up or other info that is free anyway. And after what RoyPhilpott did today... no respect whatsoever. He showed his true colors today (actually it was yesterday technically).

And he posted more during that lie laced tirade then I ever saw him post before. All he was doing was trying to be "one of the guys" and gain support. And the fools followed. The intelligent ones either stayed out of it or tried to defend both sides. Some of thsoe guys, like Whcarm and BigDfan, were banned.

I still find it laughable that he got upset cuz people were "Stealing" from him. Stealing is something he's familiar with... he's been stealing from his subscribers for years.

Fill me in Rack I must have missed it...

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Zaxor said:
Fill me in Rack I must have missed it...

I would PM you direct links to the threads he was posting the crap in, but he conveniently deleted them. Had to cover his a** I guess.

This thread is what set it off though. I quoted some of the stuff he was posting over there so at least you'll see some of it.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Rack said:
I would PM you direct links to the threads he was posting the crap in, but he conveniently deleted them. Had to cover his a** I guess.

This thread is what set it off though. I quoted some of the stuff he was posting over there so at least you'll see some of it.

Thanks Rack...

It was a interesting read...

I post over there once and awhile...I really enjoy some of their posters there..

But you are absolutely correct and it should have been beneath Roy P.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I have read every post in another thread on the opinion board about the trade and The Ranch Report .

And now I have read every post in this thread.

I continue to see comments about RP making up lies and charging for them.

I am not here to praise Caesar, nor defend him.

But let me state this unequivocally.

The T.O. to Dallas story originated from a conversation I had with Michael Irvin.

I emailed Hostile the very night I had this discussion dated before the season ended.

Verify that with Hostile. I still have the PM's.

I gave the information to Mike Fisher. He followed up with Irvin.

Irvin told me, and then Fish, that Jerry was hot for T.O. and Parcells was luke warm at the time.

There were some other things mentioned that I will omit because of Irvin offering opinions on siatuations with the team and staff that wasn't for public consumption.

This was also at a time that could have caused issues since T.O was still property of the Eagles. Although, and let me makes this absolutely clear, not once did Irvin suggest the Cowboys had contacted T.O. directly or through an intermediary. They did not break any NFL rule, but merely were discussing the possibility if he became available.

I never gave him his Miranda Rights and warn him about my ability to publish this in the magazine for that site. So I offered it to Fish, and he gained permission to write the article.

But I will state ansolutely that TRR broke the T.O. to Dallas story well over a month before the Lubbock TV Station aired it.

I also know for a fact there are paid journalists who have access to Valley Ranch and are paid by TRR.

So this notion things are made up is bogus with no facts to support it.

I am not defending any site or person here.

But I have wasted a half hour reading people making statements that are incorrect. Statements which could never be confirmed because they are not on the inside of the heirarchy of that site.

The value of the articles at any site are the sole decision of those who support them with money.

Want to question this? Contact Hostile. He swore he would not bring me into this, but did post a comment about what we discussed in private long before T.O. was brought in.

Just a little head's up.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
But I will state ansolutely that TRR broke the T.O. to Dallas story well over a month before the Lubbock TV Station aired it.

I know what you mean to say, but this is actually quite impossible.

The Lubbock TV Station didn't break the news that we were interested in TO. They broke the news that we SIGNED TO. Big difference.

Also, "breaking" news that Jerry Jones was interested in TO isn't exactly "Breaking News". There were likely 20+ other owners/GMs speaking of the possibility of him being available at around the same time. Like you said, they didn't break a rule. They were just discussing what kind of interest they might have if TO were to become available.

So, therefore, it would be impossible for TRR to break the news that TO signed with the Cowboys while TO was still the property of the Eagles.

Now, I know you can't and/or won't comment on the crap RP posted about WoodysGirl (and CBZ in general) earlier, but I do wonder what you think of his behavior during his "Tirade". Not exactly the kind of professionalism you'd expect from the owner of such a "great" cowboys site.

That said, none of those threads are on the public forums anymore, and I wouldn't be surprised if he completely deleted them from the server.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Rack said:
I know what you mean to say, but this is actually quite impossible.

The Lubbock TV Station didn't break the news that we were interested in TO. They broke the news that we SIGNED TO. Big difference.

Also, "breaking" news that Jerry Jones was interested in TO isn't exactly "Breaking News". There were likely 20+ other owners/GMs speaking of the possibility of him being available at around the same time. Like you said, they didn't break a rule. They were just discussing what kind of interest they might have if TO were to become available.

So, therefore, it would be impossible for TRR to break the news that TO signed with the Cowboys while TO was still the property of the Eagles.

Now, I know you can't and/or won't comment on the crap RP posted about WoodysGirl (and CBZ in general) earlier, but I do wonder what you think of his behavior during his "Tirade". Not exactly the kind of professionalism you'd expect from the owner of such a "great" cowboys site.

That said, none of those threads are on the public forums anymore, and I wouldn't be surprised if he completely deleted them from the server.

Heck not only that Mike Irvin on ESPN said when they knew Terrell was gonna be let go by the eagles that he would bet he goes to Dallas and that he knows something...