Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Now stop it..

Logic is not allowed in my threads.

Only emotional sarcasm.

I hear you.

There are good things about Colombo.

But not being able to control the clock running the ball consistently does fall under his domain.

As far as Dak getting protection..this is more when we fall behind and throw. Not in the beginning when should be scoring and controlling.

Yes Dak has done well but there is still alot to do with him. And the OL needs to do more. It is not playoff ready at all.

:thumbdown:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
giphy.gif

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Sell
This oline and running game were top notch. Not anymore. Not sure if its scheme,coaching,or player decline.There is too much invested into the line and and running back to struggle running the ball.
I agree.

We are no longer Zeke friendly.

When he plays well th whole team is different.

quickccc

Reaction score
Need Pollack back. He has them rolling.

you mean the same Pollack, who in that still horrific ATL disaster who a clearly struggling, vastly overwhelmed starting Chaz Green in just about all game,
no TE help, no adjusted scheme help, etc.

You do realize that Pollack/Green disaster played a huge part in the Cowboys wanting to replace him with future disaster OL coach Paul Alexander? .

RamziD

Reaction score
Just because they were a good, well-liked player for the Cowboys does not necessarily mean they will be a good coach. In fact, odds are they won’t.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
With the OL struggles all year..

frankly I expected more from the OL this year.

Especially with Beard back and Conner William's gets his first year behind him and Witten returning to help block.

But that has not been the case

So buy or sell.

Columbo is the answer?

How do you feel about him replacing Alexander going forward?

I am getting suspicious about the constant hype that they are a top OL.

Buy or sell that, too.

:omg:
what struggles...giving up 16 sacks? and Zeke has another 1000 yard season...…. the scheme sucks. play calling is horrible.

glimmerman

Reaction score
you mean the same Pollack, who in that still horrific ATL disaster who a clearly struggling, vastly overwhelmed starting Chaz Green in just about all game,
no TE help, no adjusted scheme help, etc.

You do realize that Pollack/Green disaster played a huge part in the Cowboys wanting to replace him with future disaster OL coach Paul Alexander? .
Who was before him.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Obviously our pass blocking has majorly improved. Dak has been sacked way less and has dropped back a ton more. Our run blocking has been very bad but some of that could be put on Zeke. He’s finally getting in shape though so this could be an interesting finish to the season if they can get there playcalling act and scheme together

Tussinman

Reaction score
With the OL struggles all year..

frankly I expected more from the OL this year.
This is the one narrative this year that I really DO NOT understand.......

There not the clear cut #1 line that they've been in the past but this is not a bad offensive line

How the hell can you be #1 in the league in passing and #7 in rushing and NOT be a top 10 offensive line ? Especially with your sack and pressure count RAPIDLY decreasing from last year......

Tyron Smith is currently ranked higher than 7 out of the 8 left tackles that made the pro bowl last year. La'el is a top 5 RT and is the only big signing this offseason that's living up to this contract. Zack Martin is the highest rated Dallas cowboys player on PFF and will make the all pro team.

Williams has struggled but that's not Colombos fault that he is basically forced to play him because he was a top 50 pick before Colombo took over (that's a front office/management issue).

This isn't the #1 offensive line but at the same time people have GREATLY exagerrated there performance. This is EASILY a top 10 line and arguably a top 5........

Tussinman

Reaction score
what struggles...giving up 16 sacks? and Zeke has another 1000 yard season...…. the scheme sucks. play calling is horrible.
Agreed.

Pressures/Sack count has gone down from last year. Offense is #1 in passing and #7 in rushing.

LOL at "uhh this line sucks". There at worst a top 10 line in the league (which would mean the offensive line isn't even a top 15 concern for this team........)