Buzzsaws, Body Language, and Beatdowns

cern

Reaction score
Zeke will rumble. Cowboys will win. I predict a war of attrition that dallas will win. Lots of x-rays and MRI tests.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I agree with a lot of what you've said. Only this is the type of game we win. It doesn't make much sense, but it kind of feels that way to me. Of course Im going off the last practice reports and having a bunch of those injured guys practicing helps my optimism. We will see who actually plays come Sunday.

Yah— as the week has worn on— it looks like more Cowboys are going to play, and more Eagles are now out.

In addition— to your point, Garrett has a habit of “circling the wagons” in moments like this. There is that sense out there that they are ready to fight.

As I said in the OP— I’d love to eat crow and be wrong and watch this team beat Philly tonight— BUT I still think our slow starting offense does not match the aggressive front 7 of Philly well— and that our D has shown nothing that makes me think Pedersen won’t have a short passing scheme, and ground game to put up a lot of points.

I also think that once Philly starts moving the ball with the ease, the crowd gets ansty, and if Dallas falls behind, the boo birds come out— the team may just get tight and start making mistakes.

They will have to play a very strong game in every phase in order to notch the W tonight. Hope they are up for the challenge

Reactions: CWR

Hadenough

Reaction score
As much as I would like to see Dallas win this game its better that they lose. There will never be any head coaching change until the players quit on Garrett.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Let me get this straight. If an opposing coach runs his mouth off (and later back tracks a lot) and the Cowboys coach doesn't bite on the bait that there is something wrong there? Gee Buddy Ryan used to fill the bulletin boards with quotes before Cowboys games and Landry would say NOTHING about them. Never took the bait and said things for the eagles bulletin board but somehow that was alright but when Garrett does the same thing it's wrong. As far as the deer in headlights, too many here don't want to acknowledge that the Cowboys had both starting offensive tackles missing last Sunday, as well as a guard and Cooper (except the first couple of plays) and Cobb and then losing both starting corners. These same people just say next man up which is fine if you're talking about maybe a starter or 2 gone but when you have that many backups playing it's pretty unrealistic to just say next man up. If those backups were so good they wouldn't be backups. Those backup tackles were critical for both parts of the offense, passing and rushing and Prescott was under pressure all game long.
tenor.gif

ksadler1

Reaction score
Been thinking about this game with Philly this week. I HATE the Eagles. Can't stand em. I desperately want Dallas to destroy them. I really hope my analysis is wrong and I HAVE to eat crow on Monday.

BUT-- I can't shake the read I have on Dallas and this upcoming game. In looking at where both of these teams are right now-- even though they both are at 3-3 and have had their share of ups and downs-- these squads appear miles apart to me.

Why?

Philly is getting healthy in the secondary and D Jax is coming back. Dallas? CBs hurting. OL hurting. WRs hurting.

Mentality? Pedersen confident and calling a W. Dallas? SSDD. No emotion. No passion evident. No responding shot fired.

Matchups? Philly offense vs our D is scary. Ertz kills us regularly. D Jax historically kills us. We can't stop the run. Poor pass rush. Advantage Philly. Dallas Offense vs Philly D? Cooper likely to miss. Beat up OL taking on a highly aggressive quality DL? Trouble for sure.

Who has the buzz saw coming into this game? I can easily see Philly coming out aggressive and swinging. Bringing a more physical game-- and I can easily see Garrett and company crawling into their conservative shell and going into shellshock.

Who has the body language of a team with fighting spirit? Philly for sure. Dallas looks like a deer in head lights. Especially on Defense. We have decided to run the "Bend over and Break down and Cry" defense.

In the end-- as much as I hope I am wrong-- I see a one sided beatdown coming on Sunday.

Philly 38
Dallas 21

I hope and pray I am wrong and get to eat my prediction on Mon. Sorry fellow fans. I have zero confidence in this coaching staff to pull this team out of it's death spiral this week.

So you're saying Dallas will score 2 defensive TD's ?

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Wow... I have never been more happy to be wrong. We brought the buzz saw tonight. Proud of how this team responded — great, gutty W over a division rival that came in guaranteeing a win

giphy.gif