: Pass Defense: 2nd

: Run Defense: 3rd

Cowboys Offense: Total Offense: 8th

: Pass Offense: 8th

: Run Offense: 19th

Cowboys Defense: Total Defense: 7th

: Pass Defense: 8th

: Rush Defense: 7th

I am surprised how poor our run offense is, 19th. We need to improve in that area especially if the Cowboys make it to the playoffs and will have to be on the road.

Not being able to run the ball could be what is making the offense struggle.

If the Cowboys are going to beat the Ravens they will need to establish some kind of run game, if not, the Ravens will tee-off on Romo and try to force him into mistakes.

By not able to run the ball and the overall struggles of the offense the Cowboys have been leaning more on the defense more than it has in a long time.

I don't see this game any different, the Cowboys are going to have to lean on the defense for another must win game.

By the numbers, it looks like the Ravens biggest weakness is their pass offense, ranked 28th. On the other hand, their run offense is 6th and looks to be their strength.

The Cowboys are going to need a concerted effort to stop the run. If they can do that, it could be a very long day for rookie starter Joe Flacco.

BTW, One stat that isn't mentioned is Special Teams! Yumon Figers is one of the most dangerous return men in the league. The Cowboys better be ready.

willia451

Reaction score
I think you're right. Our offense relies WAY too much on Tony Romo to make plays. 9 times out of 10, he makes those plays for us. But how much nicer would it be to have a consistant running attack for him to lean on, like Aikman did? He might stay healthier too, if it wasn't on him to do most or all of it all the time.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Statistically, I would separate out Romo-games from non-Romo games when assessing the offense and even would be tempted to throw out the Commanders game as clearly the splint was interfering with his throwing that game.

The rush offense has been poor for many years now - this is not a new trend. I think part of the problem has been the OL but I also think neither Barber nor Julius have very good vision so holes are not optimized. It will be interesting to see what Choice can do against the Ravens - he has already done very well against the Giants and Steelers who are not slouches.

As for special teams, I will be happy so long as we commit no TOs and don't give up any big returns. Read needs to be fired at the end of the year.

Smith22

Reaction score
The Ravens love to run the ball, even when it isn't working. Stuff the run and have TNew shut down Mason, easily Flacco's favorite target.

Running against the Ravens is tough, but as the Gmen showed, it is possible. Simply put, our OL must show up for this one.

Reaction score
willia451;2499548 said:
I think you're right. Our offense relies WAY too much on Tony Romo to make plays. 9 times out of 10, he makes those plays for us. But how much nicer would it be to have a consistant running attack for him to lean on, like Aikman did? He might stay healthier too, if it wasn't on him to do most or all of it all the time.

No doubt! Garrett needs to put Romo in a better spot to win. Getting the ball to Barber and now Choice becoming a weapon, get the ball in their hands.

Reaction score
Smith22;2499561 said:
The Ravens love to run the ball, even when it isn't working. Stuff the run and have TNew shut down Mason, easily Flacco's favorite target.

Running against the Ravens is tough, but as the Gmen showed, it is possible. Simply put, our OL must show up for this one.

Great post! Even if it's not working, you got to keep chipping away at it. It's all about balance!