Bye week replacement Cowboy game. 1977 NFC Championship, good resolution!

Reaction score
Here's something of a rarity on Youtube, an old football game with a decent picture! Vikings @ Cowboys, back in the days when the Cowboys were the Kings of pre-snap motion and Tuborg Gold was readily available. Sorry you have to listen to the king of milqeutoast twerps Brent Musberger but at least you can appreciate Phyllis George... the old Jimmy the Greek team comparison board is fun to see too!

Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score
A couple cool things I noticed. One unfortunate development.

A new car for 4200 dollars.

Commercial breaks were 1 or 2 commercials.

The problem I had, and what made this game unwatchable for me were the youtube ads. They came around every 5 minutes, two back to back 15 second ads. I've never encountered this when watching youtube before, and I watch a ton of youtube at work. If you don't mind the ads, you're good. Or if you pay to eliminate them. But 30 seconds every 5 minutes is not something I can watch.

mrmojo

Reaction score

The problem I had, and what made this game unwatchable for me were the youtube ads. They came around every 5 minutes, two back to back 15 second ads. I've never encountered this when watching youtube before, and I watch a ton of youtube at work. If you don't mind the ads, you're good. Or if you pay to eliminate them. But 30 seconds every 5 minutes is not something I can watch.
Just buy the subscription, there's a lot of good classic NFL videos on you tube.

Flamma

Reaction score
Just buy the subscription, there's a lot of good classic NFL videos on you tube.
I've watched NFL videos before on you tube. The remastered Super Bowl I for example. I've never encountered so many ads before. I realize this is just a me thing, but I'm not giving you tube a dime.

Reaction score
I've watched NFL videos before on you tube. The remastered Super Bowl I for example. I've never encountered so many ads before. I realize this is just a me thing, but I'm not giving you tube a dime.
I caved in and got the subscription despite their politics and business practices, it's almost impossible to get away from that. My mom watches YouTube shows almost exclusively so she likes it and I have to say the commercial-free thing is pretty nice!

shabazz

Reaction score
Here's something of a rarity on Youtube, an old football game with a decent picture! Vikings @ Cowboys, back in the days when the Cowboys were the Kings of pre-snap motion and Tuborg Gold was readily available. Sorry you have to listen to the king of milqeutoast twerps Brent Musberger but at least you can appreciate Phyllis George... the old Jimmy the Greek team comparison board is fun to see too!

Your mention of all the pre-snap motion made me think of how fortunate the OC was that he had the personnel that could pull it off……..much unlike today

Flamma

Reaction score
For some odd reason, when I went directly to you tube, searched for this game and started it up, I'm not getting the ads. But if I click on the one in the thread, back to back 15 second ads around every 5 minutes. And it's consistent. Two 15 second ads.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Newhouse had some legs. I remember several skins riding on his back and him carrying them.

Flamma

Reaction score
At around the one hour and 16 minute mark, a fan is engulfed in flames.

I wish we had that run D.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

Try something like Adblocker ultimate...

1 hr 18 minute mark: Danny White runs a fake punt for 1st down. Danny is faster than #4

Something else I saw. A few plays later Newhouse gets a rushing TD and you know what everyone did to celebrate? Nothing. They handed the ball to the ref and jogged to the sideline. I REALLY miss those days.

Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score
Try something like Adblocker ultimate...

1 hr 18 minute mark: Danny White runs a fake punt for 1st down. Danny is faster than #4

Something else I saw. A few plays later Newhouse gets a rushing TD and you know what everyone did to celebrate? Nothing. They handed the ball to the ref and jogged to the sideline. I REALLY miss those days.
Yeah, me too. Now they make fools of themselves, and think they're being cool.