Byron Leftwich fired

quickccc

Reaction score
Didn't Leftwich had an opportunity to be hired on as Jax Jaguars HC, but he didn't want to work with certain GMs or executives so he
pulled out of consideration ?

https://www.abcactionnews.com/sport...nsive coordinator,under fire in previous jobs.

" Tampa Bay Buccaneers offensive coordinator Byron Leftwich removed his name from consideration for the head coaching job of the Jacksonville Jaguars.

It’s been widely reported that Leftwich didn’t want to work with current Jacksonville Jaguars general manager Trent Baalke, who was under fire in previous jobs.

Leftwich’s preferred plan was to take over as head coach and bring in Arizona Cardinals VP of player personnel Adrian Wilson as general manager
."

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Well, that is interesting. Two years ago after the Bucs won the Super Bowl he was supposed to be the next Gee Wiz hire. Today kicked to the curb. Rumor is Washington may hire him.
Let me see, the offensive coordinator is the same one that the team had when it won the Super Bowl, but the head coach is different, so let's fire the OC.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Well, that is interesting. Two years ago after the Bucs won the Super Bowl he was supposed to be the next Gee Wiz hire. Today kicked to the curb. Rumor is Washington may hire him.
That’s how it works in the NFL, it’s what have you done for me lately.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Washington? Maybe he can fix Wentz.....
If Frank Reich couldn’t fix him no one can. He was credited with the success Carson Wentz had in Philly. Everyone thought Reich and Wentz would be a perfect marriage in Indy. Lol

joseephuss

Reaction score
Let me see, the offensive coordinator is the same one that the team had when it won the Super Bowl, but the head coach is different, so let's fire the OC.
Arians probably played a big part in the offense while he was the head coach. Similar to Belichick having a big influence on the Patriots defenses and their defensive coordinators don't tend to do as well without his guidance.