Byron Leftwich fired

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Their offense was atrocious. There was little chance he'd keep his job after this season.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
It had to be Lefty's fault. Because if not, then the responsibility falls on the Glamour Boy. And there may be serious financial penalties for sullying Mrs. Bündchen's future ex-husband by the Commissioner of the league.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I thought he did a decent job with what they had. Bowles is the one I’m never impressed with!

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
If Frank Reich couldn’t fix him no one can. He was credited with the success Carson Wentz had in Philly. Everyone thought Reich and Wentz would be a perfect marriage in Indy. Lol
They did not improve after unloading him on Washington. Colts’ issues apparently run deeper than just the QB position. I believe the Commanders can release Wentz sans any significant cap hit.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
They did not improve after unloading him on Washington. Colts’ issues apparently run deeper than just the QB position. I believe the Commanders can release Wentz sans any significant cap hit.
Washington didn’t get any better trading for him. The Colts didn’t improve because they replaced Wentz with a washed up Matt Ryan. However, they were good enough to beat KC early in the season when Ryan had a good game. They need better QB play.

Pentagruel

Reaction score
If Frank Reich couldn’t fix him no one can. He was credited with the success Carson Wentz had in Philly. Everyone thought Reich and Wentz would be a perfect marriage in Indy. Lol
He actually had a good season in Indy until the very end of course. He must really be grating to work with though since he got the axe immediately afterward and they hated him in Washington as well.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Gotta have a fall guy, Boles trying to keep his job. It was easy to throw it all on the OC’s plate. Brady just played like *** most of the year. Bucs had injuries, too. Leftwich just took it in the shorts for Boles & Brady….

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He actually had a good season in Indy until the very end of course. He must really be grating to work with though since he got the axe immediately afterward and they hated him in Washington as well.
The way he played at the start of the season, losing three consecutive games and the way he played at the very end caused Indianapolis to miss the playoffs. They realized after only one season he wasn’t the answer and moved on. It only took one season in Washington for them to find out the same thing. I thought at the time they made a terrible decision trading for him and many who get paid to talk football thought the same thing.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When they could compare him to Kellen Moore his warts were exposed.

Pentagruel

Reaction score
The way he played at the start of the season, losing three consecutive games and the way he played at the very end caused Indianapolis to miss the playoffs. They realized after only one season he wasn’t the answer and moved on. It only took one season in Washington for them to find out the same thing. I thought at the time they made a terrible decision trading for him and many who get paid to talk football thought the same thing.
I agree. I didn’t think the trade to the Colts was good but the subsequent trade to Washington was lunacy. Still, I do think Reich got him to play at a high level in Indy but Wentz is just too much of a gambler to play consistent football and prone to melt down when things don’t go his way. That on top of the fact he seems to rub everyone in the organization the wrong way.