Caleb Williams is going to be a bust

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Just read this guy started a Private Equity firm. I mean this clown hasn’t taken a snap in the NFL. I understand the PE model is about to be tested but it’s still a big boys game. How is this clown going to give his all to football? I predict a major league bust is coming.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Click bait. Just playing it smart. You act like he is going to be doing anything personally.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I wish I was a big enough "clown" to start my own private equity firm at the age of 22.
You could start your own firm tomorrow. Might not get any capital to invest because you aren’t a first round pick but you can do it.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Click bait. Just playing it smart. You act like he is going to be doing anything personally.
You are smarter than this. This crap didn’t happen years ago. Lott, Montana, Barton did PE after they won multiple SBs and retired. This clown does it before a snap. Be Pollyanna all you want but it isn’t a good look. Guy should be all in on football. Private investments can wait. You know this. If you were paying his salary you’d feel this way. While I am on a rant my employment hinges on me disclosing my OBAs and anything material is very frowned upon.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Just read this guy started a Private Equity firm. I mean this clown hasn’t taken a snap in the NFL. I understand the PE model is about to be tested but it’s still a big boys game. How is this clown going to give his all to football? I predict a major league bust is coming.

gtb1943

Reaction score
You are smarter than this. This crap didn’t happen years ago. Lott, Montana, Barton did PE after they won multiple SBs and retired. This clown does it before a snap. Be Pollyanna all you want but it isn’t a good look. Guy should be all in on football. Private investments can wait. You know this. If you were paying his salary you’d feel this way. While I am on a rant my employment hinges on me disclosing my OBAs and anything material is very frowned upon.
I think you need to think a little bit about the way things are today
Like I said he will not be doing any of this personally
kind of out of touch with things, aren't you?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I think you need to think a little bit about the way things are today
Like I said he will not be doing any of this personally
kind of out of touch with things, aren't you?
Let me explain how the investment world works. If you are a partner in a private investment firm you need to be registered as such. That’s red tape. If you are a partner you are going to be on investment committee. Even if you are not active you will need to sign off on investments. That’s more red tape. Partners can not live by proxy. Investments take layers and layers of due diligence. If you are a partner you may not sit in on the due dilly but since you are a signor and member of the investment committee you must be clued in. That takes time. The SEC won’t stand for passive managers with partner interests so that involvement is not negotiable. They likely raise third party capital so then they become registered investment advisors. That’s a lot of red tape. Once registered you need to hire lawyers, accountants, compliance officers. There will be more committees. There are quarterly investment reviews. Meetings with LPs. Meetings with portfolio companies. They may need to get their hands dirty and get involved with portfolio company operations. That’s more red tape. PE investments roll off so you have to launch new vehicles. More red tape. It’s real work even for non investing partners.

Now just stop.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Let me explain how the investment world works. If you are a partner in a private investment firm you need to be registered as such. That’s red tape. If you are a partner you are going to be on investment committee. Even if you are not active you will need to sign off on investments. That’s more red tape. Partners can not live by proxy. Investments take layers and layers of due diligence. If you are a partner you may not sit in on the due dilly but since you are a signor and member of the investment committee you must be clued in. That takes time. The SEC won’t stand for passive managers with partner interests so that involvement is not negotiable. They likely raise third party capital so then they become registered investment advisors. That’s a lot of red tape. Once registered you need to hire lawyers, accountants, compliance officers. There will be more committees. There are quarterly investment reviews. Meetings with LPs. Meetings with portfolio companies. They may need to get their hands dirty and get involved with portfolio company operations. That’s more red tape. PE investments roll off so you have to launch new vehicles. More red tape. It’s real work even for non investing partners.

Now just stop.
Oh good god. You truly do not understand reality. A lot of NFL players have something like this going on and know nothing about it as they RIGHTLY leave it to the experts
sure Caleb is going to be going to all those meetings you claim
NOT
Just stop

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Oh good god. You truly do not understand reality. A lot of NFL players have something like this going on and know nothing about it as they RIGHTLY leave it to the experts
sure Caleb is going to be going to all those meetings you claim
NOT
Just stop
A lot of NFL players are partners in PE firms? Really? Who?

Rookies? Has any rookie in the history of any sport announced the formation of a private investment firm where they are a partner? Never happened. Not. Once.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I guess we will see in a few years ....... I wish we had him.

I mean

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I agree. It’s not just this, but everything that’s led up to now. Hopefully he’ll mature and grow out of this primadonna stage.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Just funny how upset and angry at a young man that’s planning for his future beyond football
Upset and angry? I find it partly annoying and amusing but not upset and angry. Planning for his future…? Isn’t his immediate future his responsibility to the Bears organization? They are going to pay him well. As I asked has there ever been a rookie that declared his involvement in a private investment firm? Ever? As I also said you become a fiduciary regardless of your level of involvement and that is a distraction because it is a responsibility. These are not trite things. Add this to the mosaic of Williams behavior and it is concerning. Clearly someone who believes he is smart like you sees this.

Tell you what. Not sure what you do but go in and tell your boss you are going to start a well capitalized new business venture that involves managing private investments tomorrow. See what he or she says.

gtb1943

Reaction score
A lot of NFL players are partners in PE firms? Really? Who?

Rookies? Has any rookie in the history of any sport announced the formation of a private investment firm where they are a partner? Never happened. Not. Once.
Well you just made a number of statements so why do you not prove them or shut up?