Call Bill Parcells for next HC

playmakers

Reaction score
If your going to fire Garrett (they won’t) this is your only logical replacement outside of the organization right now that could actually make legit changes this year. It stinks but if say one of our assistants took over, it will probably be the same story. I mean Parcells won with Ray Lucas, imagine what he would do with this team. Why would Parcells do this?

1. The rest of the season is short so he doesn’t have to commit for a long period of time.

2. Ego. If he turned this thing around and say won a Super Bowl or took us deep he might overtake Belicheck as widely considered the best coach in nfl history.

3. Money. He’s been out for a while and might need a few bucks.

4. He was I believe gonna take over for Sean Payton when he had to leave a few yrs ago. I could be wrong. So, there’s always an itch in the right scenario.

The best dream scenario would be Bill Parcells as coach and Tony Romo as offensive coordinator, or, Parcells as both o coordinator and coach and Romo as offensive assistant/qb.

Tell me this wouldn’t scare all the teams in the NFL if this happened. But we’re stuck with Groundhog Day.

Cebrin

Reaction score
If your going to fire Garrett (they won’t) this is your only logical replacement outside of the organization right now that could actually make legit changes this year. It stinks but if say one of our assistants took over, it will probably be the same story. I mean Parcells won with Ray Lucas, imagine what he would do with this team. Why would Parcells do this?

1. The rest of the season is short so he doesn’t have to commit for a long period of time.

2. Ego. If he turned this thing around and say won a Super Bowl or took us deep he might overtake Belicheck as widely considered the best coach in nfl history.

4. He was I believe gonna take over for Sean Payton when he had to leave a few yrs ago. I could be wrong. So, there’s always an itch in the right scenario.

The best dream scenario would be Bill Parcells as coach and Tony Romo as offensive coordinator, or, Parcells as both o coordinator and coach and Romo as offensive assistant/qb.

Tell me this wouldn’t scare all the teams in the NFL if this happened. But we’re stuck with Groundhog Day.
Parcells is a brilliant coach, but youth is the way to go. The game has changed, and old heads outside of a few masters of their class just don't get it done.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Screen-Shot-2018-01-29-at-6.39.27-PM-832x447.png

INCowboysFan

Reaction score

1. Guys won't buy into what he's selling for 8 games and why would he want to put up with Jerry and the media again?
2. His ego is large enough that he probably already thinks he's the best ever. Winning a superbowl with this dallas team won't change that
3. He's worth $25M and is 78 years old. More than enough to cover the last 10-15 years of his life.

Zman5

Reaction score
I loved Parcells when he was here but he'll be taking more naps than coaching players during the day if he was brought back.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
You'll have to phone the night clerk at Sunny Acres Assisted Living. Bill is watching Wheel Of Fortune and sucking down vanilla Ensure these days.

DFWJC

Reaction score

If there was ever a coach who would've run the same plays we ran on that last series, it was 2 yards and a cloud of dust Bill.
The D would be way better though.
Overall leadership too

And why would Tony Romo give up the high paying, low stress, family friendly gig he has now to be an OC?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He doesn't have the energy.

I like the idea of phoning Urban Meyer and just hearing him out if he's interested.

Give him a year or 2 and if you don't like what you see then move on.

Fmart322

Reaction score
The only thing you'd call the tuna for is the exacta at pimlaco.