Calling all geeks

PosterChild

Reaction score
When posting here, and only here, there is a 4- 6 second delay between my keystrokes and when the letters appear. What gives?

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
PosterChild;1766309 said:
When posting here, and only here, there is a 4- 6 second delay between my keystrokes and when the letters appear. What gives?

I don't have that problem. I don't recall anyone reporting this problem.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
PosterChild;1767371 said:
Whatever the problem was, it's gone today.

My guess is that it was a loose nut behind the keyboard...

PosterChild

Reaction score
trickblue;1767693 said:
My guess is that it was a loose nut behind the keyboard...

Yeah, you're probably right, just a loose nut behind the key--HEY, wait a minute!! I resemble that remark.

I'll do the jokes around here...

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
if you see this again go to task manager and click on processes tab, sort by memory usage.

i get this occasionally but i have about 2k processes running at once on this work pc, lol.

PosterChild

Reaction score
Thanks. I just tried that and it's improved. Also I note that I can switch to IE and not have any probs at all. Might also be a FF ext (of which I have many) that's causing some conflict or just dragging resources?

I probably should add RAM too as I think I only have 512MB on this machine.

PosterChild

Reaction score
jterrell;1769365 said:
if you see this again go to task manager and click on processes tab, sort by memory usage.

i get this occasionally but i have about 2k processes running at once on this work pc, lol.

Having trouble again, and for the first time got a balloon that said my "virtual memory minimum is too low."

Tried to sort memory usage as suggested. Should I add more RAM?

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
PosterChild;1797249 said:
Having trouble again, and for the first time got a balloon that said my "virtual memory minimum is too low."

Tried to sort memory usage as suggested. Should I add more RAM?

It would help. How full is your hard drive?

Try deleting some pron :D

CowboyJeff

Reaction score
PosterChild;1766309 said:

typically that means your keyboard is sticky from visiting sites you shouldn't. :D

Captain

Clutch
Reaction score
Best choice is update the RAM. I would never go with less than 1 gig now a days.. specially if you have Windows Vista.

PosterChild

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1797353 said:
It would help.

Try deleting some pron :D

Ah yes, the seasoned voice of experience.

Well I have good news and bad news. First the bad news: I did decide last week to add RAM but I fried the motherboard in the process. I knew to wear a wrist strap or leave the plug grounded to an outlet but forgot I knew this...well the good news is I now have a spanking new desktop with plenty of RAM and dual core processing.

So far, all is hunky dory and VISTA ain't nearly as bad a ppl make it out to be.

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
PosterChild;1824179 said:
Ah yes, the seasoned voice of experience.

Well I have good news and bad news. First the bad news: I did decide last week to add RAM but I fried the motherboard in the process. I knew to wear a wrist strap or leave the plug grounded to an outlet but forgot I knew this...well the good news is I now have a spanking new desktop with plenty of RAM and dual core processing.

So far, all is hunky dory and VISTA ain't nearly as bad a ppl make it out to be.
Yeah, thats one way to fix the problem... just buy a new PC.:D

P.S. I've been using Vista for 8 months and havent had any problems. I think the biggest probs with Vista occur when peeps attempt to upgrade to Vista from XP.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
StarKist;1824811 said:
Yeah, thats one way to fix the problem... just buy a new PC.:D

P.S. I've been using Vista for 8 months and havent had any problems. I think the biggest probs with Vista occur when peeps attempt to upgrade to Vista from XP.

Upgrading from one OS to another is never a good idea. I always do a clean install.