Calling my shot: Tyler Smith

jrumann59

Reaction score
If they can get the kid to get his hands inside on pass blocking a lot of the holding will go away. The only issue is when he gets the idea to try and ragdoll a player he might get a flag.

Mookie

Reaction score
And that's why I'm glad this numbskull is no longer employed by the Cowboys!

Too many numbnuts voicing their dumb opinions in the same building has a bad tendency to coerce Jerry & Stephen to make terrible draft pick decisions.
You were saying?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You were saying?
You will see! Terrible pick, especially in the 1st round where you are supposed to draft starters! They passed up a top 10 proven talent in DE Jermaine Johnson for this Div II holding bum who struggled against Div II players? That's not even against Div I players, much less NFL starting players.

We will see, "You were saying?"

Mookie

Reaction score
You will see! Terrible pick, especially in the 1st round where you are supposed to draft starters! They passed up a top 10 proven talent in DE Jermaine Johnson for this Div II holding bum who struggled against Div II players? That's not even against Div I players, much less NFL starting players.

We will see, "You were saying?"
Last time Dallas got a raw DII OLineman who struggled against lower competition, they did alright. I'll trust the front office before some dude on a chat.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Last time Dallas got a raw DII OLineman who struggled against lower competition, they did alright. I'll trust the front office before some dude on a chat.
Make sure you show up to own your comments. I sure will.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I want our boys to succeed, I don't need to win a meaningless argument. The heck do I know if he'll be good or not, I'm just a fan.
I know some, especially concerning the Oline. If I didn't care, I wouldn't be wasting my time commenting, much less being upset about this pick. We all want the Cowboys to succeed, but they need to do better.

Mookie

Reaction score
I know some, especially concerning the Oline. If I didn't care, I wouldn't be wasting my time commenting, much less being upset about this pick. We all want the Cowboys to succeed, but they need to do better.
Yeah, we don't know though. He could be a great pick, just like most of the picks in the past decade.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
Whether at 24 or in a trade down, I think he fits both a need (LG) and has the long-term potential and upside to replace Tyron at LT in a couple of years. He has all the physical traits you want and a nasty attitude. However he is raw with technique. Which can be hidden at LG and with his brute strength for the first year. He will be a work in progress, but can start year 1 and the clay is there to mold. Thoughts?

Great call buddy!

Carter

Reaction score
I think Tyler Smith is the option if you've got nothing left as the other OL, DE and trade down targets dry up.

Maybe FO feels different, just my two cents.

Thats exactly what happened but Jermaine Johnson was there for the taking

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

This is pathetic. Smith is literally reaching around, holding his opponents around their shoulder pads and literally wrestling them over and down to the ground...over and over and over. Does anyone seriously believe that's not going to get flagged every time in the NFL? This is not just some fluke play or two. It's play after player after play, etc.

Smith22

Reaction score
Broadus had him as 3rd rounder, saw others had him anywhere from 30s to 50 (brugler).

Feels like a reach to me. You don't draft projects in round 1. Will be interesting to see how Lloyd, Johnson, Dean and the center play out compared to Smith.

Carson

Reaction score
Broadus had him as 3rd rounder, saw others had him anywhere from 30s to 50 (brugler).

Feels like a reach to me. You don't draft projects in round 1. Will be interesting to see how Lloyd, Johnson, Dean and the center play out compared to Smith.
Tennessee Titans who have been pretty dominant on OL the last few years were moving up to pick him. Tells you all you need to know