Calling Out Crown Royal

TheEnigma

Anomaly
Reaction score
Crown Royal, not a day goes by that I am not bombarded by your desire to play a 3-3-5 defense (located at the bottom of your sig) but it is about time someone sets you straight. The 3-3-5 defense may work for another team out there, but we just do not have the personal to be running it. That is why the 4-2-5 defense is a better fit.

Why you ask, let me tell you. First of all, by having only 3 guys on the defensive line, you are going to have to sit Glover or Ferguson, most likely Glover, a Pro Bowler and the best player on our defense. Tell me, which linebacker is good enough to make up for the impact Glover makes? I don't see a single one, instead I see inexperience and youth.

Secondly, you are only making us even weaker against the run. When that defensive lineman becomes a linebacker, our run defense suffers. The linebacker may better be able to cover passes, but who needs that when we have 5 defensive backs.

Thirdly, just comparing personel clearly indicates that the 4-2-5 is better for the Dallas Cowboys then the 3-3-5. On the defensive line you have Ellis, Glover, Ferguson, and Spears. At linebacker you have Dat (to be replaced by Burnett when we finally trade Dat the Gnat) and Ware, and in the secondary we have at SS Berry-O, at FS Davis, at CB Glenn and Newman, and the most important position, "Hybrid" SS/LB played by Roy "Buscuit" Williams. With you 3-3-5 Roy gets put into a position where he is not able to make the plays he was born to. In the 4-2-5, Roy is free to flow to the ball and rack up them Interceptions, Fumbles and Bone-Crunching hits in the position of "Hybrid"

Finally, I play the 4-2-5 defense in NCAA 2006 and it works much better than your too small to defend a Pro team 3-3-5.

:D

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Let me tell you something you tuba playing beret wearing joke of a 'musician.' The 3-3-5 is the most innovative defense we could put on the field, especially after what we let go in the air last season.

First - Glover, as everyone knows, is on his way out. Period. All this talk about how great he is doing in TC is just to deflect us. Parcells always means the opposite of what he means. We are giving him credit trying to garner a trade - but since everyone knows Glover is washed up and doesn't want to take on such a huge contract, we will cut him. That simple. Heard it here first.

Second - you gotta have 3 linebackers. That's how you stop the run. 2 is not NEARLY enough. In my scheme, we will sneak an extra player onto the field here and there. The run WILL stop because of players like Scott Shanle, who will overtake Dat (undersize WUSS). 4 D linemen, on the other hand, is too many. In your scheme, they have to STAND UP to make a play. In mine, that guy is already standing.

+1 CR.

Finally, when I play NCAA, it's the 3-3-5 everytime. I totally ran back 4 touchdowns online the other day when this WUSS of a 10 year old thought he could throw against me with Air Force.

I win.

TheEnigma

Anomaly
Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
Let me tell you something you tuba playing beret wearing joke of a 'musician.' The 3-3-5 is the most innovative defense we could put on the field, especially after what we let go in the air last season.

I should have known someone like you would stoop so low as to call me names you no good son of a weasel. And by the way, the 3-3-5 is not innovative, you wanna hear innovative, try coming up with a 3-3-4, you can't can you, yeah, thats because its not allowed. So take your innovative out of here.

Crown Royal said:
First - Glover, as everyone knows, is on his way out. Period. All this talk about how great he is doing in TC is just to deflect us. Parcells always means the opposite of what he means. We are giving him credit trying to garner a trade - but since everyone knows Glover is washed up and doesn't want to take on such a huge contract, we will cut him. That simple. Heard it here first.

When will people learn, that lineman, both offensive and defensive, ripen with age. Glover is about as fine as they come. My man crush on Glover has nothing to do with the fact that I think he is the best player on the defense. Are you to say that you want to sit the best player on defense for some scrub named Shanle? And tell me something, where is the depth at Nose tackle, your wanting Glover gone, leaving nobody behind to play nosetackle in case Ferguson goes down. Its already bad enough that in a 3-4 the nosetackle has a big job, but in a 3-3-5, they have an even bigger job. With a TE included, teams could easily match up to that front 6 in terms of mass. No, I want the extra 50 lbs the DT brings.

Crown Royal said:
Second - you gotta have 3 linebackers. That's how you stop the run. 2 is not NEARLY enough. In my scheme, we will sneak an extra player onto the field here and there. The run WILL stop because of players like Scott Shanle, who will overtake Dat (undersize WUSS). 4 D linemen, on the other hand, is too many. In your scheme, they have to STAND UP to make a play. In mine, that guy is already standing.

First of all, who wants to adopt a scheme with a supporter who wants to cheat. C'mon man, I'm trying to be civilized and have a real conversation with somebody, not some make believe cheater attitude your bringing to the plate. Also, about this standing up business, I guess no one ever told you, when you stand up, they can see you, they can see what your going to do, and who you are. When you are kneeling down, they don't know what you are going to do. And your linebackers being the key to stop the run, all I can say is nuh-uh. Your thinking too much like that passive crap zimmy wuss runs, where you let them get a yard or two then stop them, no. My guys on the line of scrimmage are FAST. And their plan is to stop the running back before they get to the line of scrimmage, creating more loss of yardage plays.

And I can see that you want to trade Roy, because you surely don't want him to be put in a playmaking position. You know the reason why the Ravens are going to the 46, its because they want to put Ray Lewis in a playmaking position, well thats what I want to do with Roy, and thats what this does.

Finally, it becomes easier to transition from the 4-2-5 to the nickle, because they require the same personal on field, allowing us to better utilize our roster space.

Game, Set, Match.

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
TheEnigma said:
And by the way, the 3-3-5 is not innovative, you wanna hear innovative, try coming up with a 3-3-4, you can't can you, yeah, thats because its not allowed. So take your innovative out of here.

Sorry to butt in this throw-down, but if you can run a 3-3-4 and be successful with 10 guys on the field then you're my hero!

/butting out