Calling out people who wanted Orton starting over Romo

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
There have been a lot of people here over the last couple of seasons voicing their support of Orton over Romo. This is your chance to sound off. I am calling you out. It should be obvious, but Romo is a better QB in every aspect, and we will see that on Sunday.

Remember, Orton was replaced by Tim Tebow at his last stop. Let that sink in.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I'm not one of those people who has been calling for Orton over Romo (not sure if I've seen that from others either, honestly), but...

Shouldn't you wait until after the game is over to post something like this?

TTexasTT

Reaction score
I have most of those guys on ignore because they bring nothing to the table. Except for that GameOver guy. lol he also said that Williams > Dez...
I kept him off the ignore list just so I could laugh at his outrageous claims. I think he is just trolling, but its funny.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
no-thanks.gif

jday

Reaction score
There have been a lot of people here over the last couple of seasons voicing their support of Orton over Romo. This is your chance to sound off. I am calling you out. It should be obvious, but Romo is a better QB in every aspect, and we will see that on Sunday.

I don't count myself among those who would rather see Orton start over Romo, however, I will admit I am ready for the next Dallas QB. Call it a gut feeling without any tangible evidence to back it up, if you like, but I really can't see Romo ever taking the Cowboys to a Super Bowl. Rather or not that is completely his fault is debatable. I'm sure there other factors to consider, nevertheless, that is just my gut.

Having said that, it should not suprise anyone that Tebow got the nod over Orton. Orton - old. Tebow - young + improved TV ratings + more tickets sold to games due to Tebow's overall popularity. It is simple math, really.

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
I have never thought that Orton should replace Romo and never saw a thread where someone did. Also, Orton going against a hot Eagles team with NO DEFENSE to help him isn't exactly a fair way to judge his play. I do think Orton can play as good as Romo has the last couple of weeks because Romo has been playing injured in my opinion. His passes have been off and he wasn't moving around that good. Something wasn't right. Under the circumstances I think Orton will be fine and won't be the reason we lose the game if we lose.

DFWJC

Reaction score

Sticking your neck out there CB.
Any player can look good at home and when the expectations are low. And since Orton is actually a fairly capable player, anything can happen this Sunday.
This is not the same wet paper bag line and run game Romo was running with last December. And this is a home game to boot.
If you don't turn it over too much, this is an offense that should be able to produce...even with Orton at the helm.

Now can the Dallas D stop Philly? That will decide the winner.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I have never thought that Orton should replace Romo and never saw a thread where someone did. Also, Orton going against a hot Eagles team with NO DEFENSE to help him isn't exactly a fair way to judge his play. I do think Orton can play as good as Romo has the last couple of weeks because Romo has been playing injured in my opinion. His passes have been off and he wasn't moving around that good. Something wasn't right. Under the circumstances I think Orton will be fine and won't be the reason we lose the game if we lose.

I know of a few regulars here (gameover and noshame..maybe cowboyvic for starters) that have said all along that they prefer Orton > Romo. My guess is there are about 8-10 of them in total.

Bottomline is yu cannot get an answer in one game--good or bad. I suspect 95% of head coaches in the league would take Romo all day long. Maybe even 100%. But, like this forum, you never know...there could be some who might favor Orton.

Last edited:

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Orton played pretty well, but stats lie. He was dinking and dunking all day long. We only managed to score 22 against a pretty bad defense. That doesn't win in the NFL, but I blame Garrett.

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
Like some of us have been saying all along, the problem is not and never has been Tony Romo.

Hoov

Reaction score
The offense didn't look as disorganized as it does with romo so I like that.

Still Garett went pass happy and that hurt us.

Orton may not do some things that romo does but he does get rid of the ball quicker and seems more decisive.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Like some of us have been saying all along, the problem is not and never has been Tony Romo.

Disagree.. There were games in the past that were lost because of Romo. That can't be denied.. This season? I don't think so.

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
Disagree.. There were games in the past that were lost because of Romo. That can't be denied.. This season? I don't think so.
I don't disagree that he cost us a few critical games....But if you're looking to identify the major problem with the Cowboys, it's not Tony. The problem existed before he came here, and it will most likely continue after he's retired.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
I don't disagree that he cost us a few critical games....But if you're looking to identify the major problem with the Cowboys, it's not Tony. The problem existed before he came here, and it will most likely continue after he's retired.

Agree 100%

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Orton played pretty well, but stats lie. He was dinking and dunking all day long. We only managed to score 22 against a pretty bad defense. That doesn't win in the NFL, but I blame Garrett.
Romo lovers are hilarious sometimes. He was moving the ball. And Romo managed to score only 17 against Philly, even when the defense got interceptions.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score

Vv6lJTv.gif

He took quite a few shots down field

Sifillest

Reaction score
He took some shots. had quite a few misses down the field as well. he did also do a lot of dink n dunk, which we knew was gonna happen.But he's definitely not as skilled as Romo. He probably had a less complex gameplan to follow than Romo usually does.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Romo lovers are hilarious sometimes. He was moving the ball. And Romo managed to score only 17 against Philly, even when the defense got interceptions.

And Romo haters are blinded by their hate. And it's a known fact that football people feel that Romo is a top 10 QB. So you are embarasing yourself with your hate as it points out your lack of football knowledge.