Calling Out the Cowboys!!!!!!

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
ajk23az;2332104 said:
He just needs to be more consistent. He is only getting like 2 catches per game, if that. A #2 needs to have 4-7 receptions a game in our offense. Crayton is THE PERFECT #3.

And also, our RB can't have 11 catches!

Well I think getting our RB involved more in the passing game is a bonus. 11 catches isn't a bad thing its a safe throw and they normally get 5 or 7 yards from it. I think MB3 or Felix in the open field = danger for anyone.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
ajk23az;2332104 said:
He just needs to be more consistent. He is only getting like 2 catches per game, if that. A #2 needs to have 4-7 receptions a game in our offense. Crayton is THE PERFECT #3.

And also, our RB can't have 11 catches!

agreed, hes a good #3. and yes those short passes to Barber were getting quite annoying, untill we finally got sumthing outta them. thank you barber.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
k0wb0y;2332124 said:
agreed, hes a good #3. and yes those short passes to Barber were getting quite annoying, untill we finally got sumthing outta them. thank you barber.

Sure helped my FF team :laugh2:

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
bbgun;2332041 said:
:laugh2:

Actually, Spears played pretty well today.

as much as it pains me to agree with you at anytime, you are right, it was arguably his best game as a Cowboy.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
ajk23az;2332134 said:
Sure helped my FF team :laugh2:

Killed me the guy had Romo and MB3 and I was up by 17 and out of now where I'm done by 14 after that play.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2332166 said:
Killed me the guy had Romo and MB3 and I was up by 17 and out of now where I'm done by 14 after that play.

as much as it pains me, update ur sig to: 4-2. :mad: :(

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
If you are going to win on the road, like the Cowboys have done under Phillips, you have to bring your defense and your special teams. Dallas usually does, but today, the special teams sprung some leaks, bad leaks. You just can't trust the kickoff coverage unit.

I don't think anyone can pin this loss on the defense. It isn't a dominant defense. It is a very good one and good enough to win on the road and in the playoffs. Everyone expected Arizona to walk all over them, but it didn't happen. I knew it wouldn't.

Warner and Fitzgerald were making amazing plays late in the game. Dallas had Fitzgerald covered pretty good twice, and he just made the play. Warner was getting drilled the entire game, and he just threw it up for grabs on the deep ball against Henry. Pacman had him blanketed pretty good late, too. However, Warner stuck it in a very tight window.

With all the mistakes, penalties, and poor plays, the game was lost right here:

Three times Dallas started in Arizona territory, and three times, they came away with zero, nadda, nothing... no points. That was the game.

Dallas started drives here:

Arizona 25 (after Henry recovered the fumble)
Arizona 27 (after the onside kick)
Arizona 46

If you get two field goals there, you win.

At the 25, on first down, Garrett went for the kill or big play, and Romo held the ball too long. He has to either feel the pressure and step up or get rid of it. He did neither, and fumbled the ball away. Dallas' defense had just made a play, and Romo gave the ball right back to them. That was a killer turn of events.

At the Arizona 27, again, Garret goes for the kill or big play on first down. Romo had Austin wide open for a TD on first down, but the throw was off due to in coming pressure. The field goal is missed.

I think Garrett should have realized that the pressure was an issue for his line and Romo today, especially on those two drives. I just think Romo and Garrett have been too greedy in these two losses. You need to be conservative sometimes. Dallas would have been better off getting the ball to the running backs in space and letting them rack up the yards and points.

How about a screen to Felix Jones when those defensive ends are causing problems. How about a screen to Owens or a reverse to Felix Jones. Dump the ball to Barber and let him run. The defense was playing well. Garrett should have limited the number of times the line had to block on long passing plays in this game, but he wanted the quick score when Dallas should have grinded some things out today.

The defense will take the heat for letting Arizona take the lead, but it was the greedy offense and poor special teams play that doomed Dallas in this game.

12 penalties for 93 yards

The Cardinals only had 276 total yards of offense, and they turned the ball over 3 times, not counting the onside kick. That should be good enough to win the game. The defense was bringing heat the entire game. Warner took a beating. However, the 3rd and 17 play on the tipped screen pass really hurt Dallas. That can't happen. Someone has to make that play out there.

I hope McBriar is alright. He did this today:

McBriar could have bailed Dallas out on the goalline, but he never had a chance.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Man, someone needs to get Garrett and Romo to go back and watch some of the games last year, because this "going for the big play all the time" is not going to cut it.

Garrett had no business throwing the ball out of his own endzone at the very end of the first half. The tuck rule saved him. That is where you don't want to lose the game. In fact, Dallas had no business putting the ball in the air while they were inside their own redzone unless it was quick and safe.

There is nothing wrong with playing it save and taking your 3 points in rough and tough games if you have to.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
41gy#;2332355 said:
Man, someone needs to get Garrett and Romo to go back and watch some of the games last year, because this "going for the big play all the time" is not going to cut it.

IIRC, we didn't take a shot deep the whole game (bc of oline play) until we threw deep to Austin way at the end.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
ajk23az;2332362 said:
IIRC, we didn't take a shot deep the whole game (bc of oline play) until we threw deep to Austin way at the end.

Go back and look at the log. Dallas had a third and 2 in the first half. Where did the ball go? (Deep and down the sideline and incomplete)

Punt.

On the 25 yard line, Romo is looking for the big play TD down the field. They were covered. He held the ball too long and didn't step up. Fumble.

sk0aL

Reaction score
Oh. My. God.

I haven't laughed so hard in months. I'm literally tearing up at the OP.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
41gy#;2332294 said:
If you are going to win on the road, like the Cowboys have done under Phillips, you have to bring your defense and your special teams. Dallas usually does, but today, the special teams sprung some leaks, bad leaks. You just can't trust the kickoff coverage unit.

I don't think anyone can pin this loss on the defense. It isn't a dominant defense. It is a very good one and good enough to win on the road and in the playoffs. Everyone expected Arizona to walk all over them, but it didn't happen. I knew it wouldn't.

Warner and Fitzgerald were making amazing plays late in the game. Dallas had Fitzgerald covered pretty good twice, and he just made the play. Warner was getting drilled the entire game, and he just threw it up for grabs on the deep ball against Henry. Pacman had him blanketed pretty good late, too. However, Warner stuck it in a very tight window.

With all the mistakes, penalties, and poor plays, the game was lost right here:

Three times Dallas started in Arizona territory, and three times, they came away with zero, nadda, nothing... no points. That was the game.

Dallas started drives here:

Arizona 25 (after Henry recovered the fumble)
Arizona 27 (after the onside kick)
Arizona 46

If you get two field goals there, you win.

At the 25, on first down, Garrett went for the kill or big play, and Romo held the ball too long. He has to either feel the pressure and step up or get rid of it. He did neither, and fumbled the ball away. Dallas' defense had just made a play, and Romo gave the ball right back to them. That was a killer turn of events.

At the Arizona 27, again, Garret goes for the kill or big play on first down. Romo had Austin wide open for a TD on first down, but the throw was off due to in coming pressure. The field goal is missed.

I think Garrett should have realized that the pressure was an issue for his line and Romo today, especially on those two drives. I just think Romo and Garrett have been too greedy in these two losses. You need to be conservative sometimes. Dallas would have been better off getting the ball to the running backs in space and letting them rack up the yards and points.

How about a screen to Felix Jones when those defensive ends are causing problems. How about a screen to Owens or a reverse to Felix Jones. Dump the ball to Barber and let him run. The defense was playing well. Garrett should have limited the number of times the line had to block on long passing plays in this game, but he wanted the quick score when Dallas should have grinded some things out today.

The defense will take the heat for letting Arizona take the lead, but it was the greedy offense and poor special teams play that doomed Dallas in this game.

12 penalties for 93 yards

The Cardinals only had 276 total yards of offense, and they turned the ball over 3 times, not counting the onside kick. That should be good enough to win the game. The defense was bringing heat the entire game. Warner took a beating. However, the 3rd and 17 play on the tipped screen pass really hurt Dallas. That can't happen. Someone has to make that play out there.

I hope McBriar is alright. He did this today:

McBriar could have bailed Dallas out on the goalline, but he never had a chance.

This offense should never punt that much....

sk0aL;2332401 said:
Oh. My. God.

I haven't laughed so hard in months. I'm literally tearing up at the OP.

I'm glad it tickled your funny bone.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
ajk23az;2332362 said:

I was thinking the same thing, they threw deep to Fitzgerald on their FG drive, we rarely threw deep if at all.

sk0aL

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2332411 said:
I'm glad it tickled your funny bone.

fwiw, I essentially agree with your emotions. You just expressed yourself in a hilarious fashion.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;2332427 said:
I was thinking the same thing, they threw deep to Fitzgerald on their FG drive, we rarely threw deep if at all.

Romo dropped back 40 times and on 20 of those plays he was knocked down to go along with 2 sacks. So half the time he drop back to pass 2day he was getting picked up off the ground so.....where was the time at to make these passes?

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
I went back and looked at the NFL.com play summary. If you don't think Dallas threw the ball deep in this game, look at their play log. I watched the game, too.

1st drive 3-12 Dallas 35 pass incomplete; deep middle Owens

2nd drive 2-9 Dallas 29 (sack; -10 yards) Romo wants to throw deep.

3-19 Dallas 19 pass incomplete; deep left Owens

3rd drive 1-10 Arizona 25 sacked; fumble; recovered by Arizona

Garrett goes for the kill or big play down the field when he should know the protection has been poor. Romo looks down the field. The receivers are covered. He doesn't feel the backside pressure, and he has room to step up and avoid it. He has to throw the ball away or step up. He did neither and was sacked and fumbled. If he is going to hold the ball that long, he better feel the pressure and step up and let it go. Again, Garrett needs to manage Romo better and protect him with the play calling. Three points here could have won the game.

5th drive 3-2 Dallas 42 pass incomplete; deep right Crayton

It was 3rd and 2. Again, Garrett and Romo get greedy, and they punt.

Here are the other plays in the game.

1-10 Arizona 27 pass incomplete; deep middle Austin

Austin was open for a TD, but Romo missed him. He felt the pressure from his left and was drilled. He knew the hit was coming, and it affected his throw.

3-1 Arizona 18 pass incomplete; Owens

A safer call could have netted a yard, and you could have gone for it on 4th down. Yet, the ball is pushed vertical and down the field. This really wasn't a "deep" pass, but it went well past the one yard needed, well past it. So, I'm counting it. The ball was in the air pretty good, and the risk went up when you consider you only needed one yard. Get your first down and take your shots.

1-20 Dallas 25 pass incomplete; deep right Austin

3-11 Dallas 31 pass complete; deep left Witten

Overtime:

1-10 Dallas 22 (sacked; fumble)

3-17 pass incomplete; deep left Owens

Owens was open, but Romo rushed his throw due to the constant pressure all day long. He had to throw it down the field, but the call on first down wasn't a good one, especially when you consider the pass protection and lack of successful deep pass plays. Get the ball to Marion Barber. He just went 70 yards for a TD.

There were 8 deep passes or balls thrown down the field which were not successful. Romo had the 30 yarder to Witten at the end of regulation. The long pass to Crayton was a shorter and underneath throw.

Furthermore, Romo was sacked 2 times in regulation where Dallas wanted to get the ball down the field on pass plays.

So, that is 10 looks to get the ball deep that were not successful.

After only hitting 1 big pass play down the field or deep and after getting beat in pass protection all day, what does Jason Garrett do on the first play in overtime?

Yep. Romo drops back and wants to push the ball down the field and is sacked. He fumbles and falls on it.

Some safe or conservative calls in this game could have made the difference on offense or a different offensive strategy. There is no excuse for having Romo throw the ball out of his own endzone when there are protection issues. You don't want to lose the game down there. The tuck rule saved them. Romo had no business holding the ball, while waiting for people to break free down the field, while he was at or inside his own 20. What is Garrett thinking, especially in overtime after he has watched the entire game.

This is just my opinion, but I strongly feel this way.

DEZBRYANT x88x

Caps8Cowboys41
Reaction score
see this dude is wacko in the head....

i knew it half the stuff u say u should shoot yourself