Calvin Riddley? Do we want a WR at our first pick?

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I think the need at WR is glaring.

No speed..

too many possession receivers..

this guy is said to be available at 19 because of all the QBs being taken early.

He reminds me of Julio Jones.

What do you think?

Gaede

Reaction score
Pretty lackluster WR crop this year.

If not Ridley or Kirk, I pass in rd 1.

Neither of those guys gets me as excited as the defensive players that will be available.

Verdammung

Reaction score
Even though I think he's a perfect complement to our existing receivers... I really don't like him that much. He plays at 190 lbs and it shows IMO.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
If it helps us get his little brother next year I'm all in

pjimage__16_.0.jpg

tm1119

Reaction score
Yeah I just don’t see a stud #1 WR in this class to warrant a top 20 pick. I love the depth of this class tho and think we can upgrade our #2 WR in rounds 2-4.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Ridley is prob the only receiver I have right now that'd I take at 19

Not a lot of blue chippers this year. Value seems to be in 2-3

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
If he’s pure BPA I say go for it but we need a 1-Tech more...

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I like him. Fast, good route runner, good hands, gets separation.

He's a little tough to evaluate though, because Alabama's super run-heavy offense basically gives him one on one coverage every time that they do decide to throw it. I think the athleticism and fundamentals are there to justify a top-20 selection, but he's being mocked in the top 10, and I don't think I could justify him there unless he was a no-questions stud.

Still, he's the only WR I've seen that I'd take at 19.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I like him. Fast, good route runner, good hands, gets separation.

He's a little tough to evaluate though, because Alabama's super run-heavy offense basically gives him one on one coverage every time that they do decide to throw it. I think the athleticism and fundamentals are there to justify a top-20 selection, but he's being mocked in the top 10, and I don't think I could justify him there unless he was a no-questions stud.

Still, he's the only WR I've seen that I'd take at 19.

He's a quality WR, but doesn't have a true 1 ceiling IMO. I think he can be a great 2, which costs you a 1st round pick at this point.

A little light and doesn't have breakaway speed IMO.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
He's a quality WR, but doesn't have a true 1 ceiling IMO. I think he can be a great 2, which costs you a 1st round pick at this point.

A little light and doesn't have breakaway speed IMO.

Yeah, the 190 part really bothers me.

I just looked it up for comparison - Beasley and Switzer are both about 180 (bigger than I thought) and run a 4.5 flat, and you wouldn't dream of playing them outside. Ridley's a lot taller than both, but he still needs to run well at the Combine to cement his draft stock. A 4.5 at 6'1" 190 would be really bad look.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Yeah, the 190 part really bothers me.

I just looked it up for comparison - Beasley and Switzer are both about 180 (bigger than I thought) and run a 4.5 flat, and you wouldn't dream of playing them outside. Ridley's a lot taller than both, but he still needs to run well at the Combine to cement his draft stock. A 4.5 at 6'1" 190 would be really bad look.

I think that's exactly what he's going to run - I think he's quicker than fast and will be right around 4.5. Doesn't really bother me bc he's a great route runner that creates consistent separation.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I like him.
Ive said he is the only WR Id take at 19.
BUT
the lack of production from 1st Rd WRs over the last 2 or 3 drafts is frightening.
We need to also draft to compete in the East.
°DT Maurice Hurst
°DT VV
°OG Isaiah Wynn
°OG Will Hernandez
get stout in the trenches again...make the Oline NASTY again or Strengthen our DL so we can get 3rd down stops.
If Hitchens leaves....LB Rashaan Evans should be considered.
Get our WR in the 2nd or 3rd Rd.
But if Ridley is there...JJ is taking him.

bodi

Reaction score
we are not picking a D line m an unless we change our strategy

will not pick
OG Isaiah Wynn
°OG Will Hernandez

I am all on board for MLBER or Saftey