Calvin Ridley

Mobinvans

Reaction score
Watched the Falcons/Saints replay again and I cant help but get irritated we didnt snag Ridley, could of easily been done.

I'm still mad about passing on Ramsey roo but that's a different thread..lol

We sure could of used him!

McKDaddy

Reaction score
If we got a first round talent in the first, I can't begrudge the pick. Besides I was told by many on this board that Ridley wasn't any good so he can't be.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Great, look to the past and blame it on not picking players thread, another one.

Zeke was the correct pick over Ramsey.
LVE was probably the best pick over Ridley. Jury still out, but we still got a pretty good player.
plus Ridley has a QB and OC to get the ball to him.

So what about the great Tom Landry not picking Joe Montana over Doug Cosbie. You going to rag about that too?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If we got a first round talent in the first, I can't begrudge the pick. Besides I was told by many on this board that Ridley wasn't any good so he can't be.

And just as many saying the same thing about LVE. It goes both ways.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ridley might see 10 snaps a game here, at most. He would first have to pass Garrett's " process" before he moved up the depth chart :laugh:

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Watched the Falcons/Saints replay again and I cant help but get irritated we didnt snag Ridley, could of easily been done.

Would Ridley run different routes in Dallas? If not then he would have the same issues as the Dallas' current WRs.

John813

Reaction score
Yup. Ridley would of been nasty in this league here running 3 routes here. Best curl route runner in the league.

Imagine if The Sanjay Lal coached him up. Move over Jerry Rice

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Why do people assume a player has success with one team it automatically means he will have success here, or another team?

Reaction score
This offensive system would have made Ridley look like Allen Herns. That's not good.

In the short term, LVE will give us more than Ridley.

But if change comes to the team in the offseason and the right moves are made (a highly questionable scenario), there may come a day when Jerry regrets not taking him.

But today is not that day.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
And just as many saying the same thing about LVE. It goes both ways.
you are right. I openly admit i had & still have doubts about LVE. But I am man enough to say that he has looked better than I expected. With Sean's issues, LB was probably the better route. Going to leave the anointing oils on the shelf for both til more evidence is presented.

HanD

Reaction score

man i wanted ramsey and myles jack too for that matter but imagine this offense without zeke....talk about scary bad.....

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Great, look to the past and blame it on not picking players thread, another one.

Zeke was the correct pick over Ramsey.
LVE was probably the best pick over Ridley. Jury still out, but we still got a pretty good player.
plus Ridley has a QB and OC to get the ball to him.

So what about the great Tom Landry not picking Joe Montana over Doug Cosbie. You going to rag about that too?
Or Jim Jeffcoat over Dan Marino.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Ridley has an NFL caliber QB throwing to him in Atlanta ...not so much here

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ridley is a superior prospect to Vander Esch. I said it then, I'll say it now. He should have been the pick.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ridley has an NFL caliber QB throwing to him in Atlanta ...not so much here

You don't draft players focused entirely on the present. They are future assets. Ridley would star here one day while Prescott's in prison.