Cam Newton just confirmed what most already know.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keifer

Reaction score
Haters gonna hate. What would you be saying had Carolina won? Winning/losing and learning how to handle success/failure is part of the growth of a superstar athlete. We all should know, we've watched Romo finally figure out how to act at pressers as the starting Dallas QB.
Cam is good for the league and brings a mass following of young fans with him. You all know you'd take him right now to lead the Cowboys franchise.

Its weird how its always d-bags that claim to have "haters". Cam better learn how to deal pressure if he is going to be the future face of the NFL, the knock on him before this year was that he was great when things were going good but as soon as it went bad he would withdraw from the team and go pout on the bench with his towel over his head. Not a great trait for a leader.
Nice try with the Romo comparison, I dont think wearing your hat backwards in any way compares to what Cam did after the Super Bowl and there is no way in hell that Tony would jump out of the way instead of trying to get that fumble because he was scared he would get hurt.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Its weird how its always d-bags that claim to have "haters". Cam better learn how to deal pressure if he is going to be the future face of the NFL, the knock on him before this year was that he was great when things were going good but as soon as it went bad he would withdraw from the team and go pout on the bench with his towel over his head. Not a great trait for a leader.
Nice try with the Romo comparison, I dont think wearing your hat backwards in any way compares to what Cam did after the Super Bowl and there is no way in hell that Tony would jump out of the way instead of trying to get that fumble because he was scared he would get hurt.

D-Bag? Funny how Cam's teammates and the people of Carolina love the guy. Sure sign of a D-bag, right?
You're right about Romo, Cam never went to Cabo during a playoff run and has as many detractors in Dallas as he does fans. Newton also took his team to the the Super Bowl, something Romo will never do. Dogpile the guy for not jumping on a fumble, but what about barrelling over defenders all year long while scrambling? He surely thinks his body isn't worth getting hit, right?

Last edited:

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
What does it say about Cam that people want to kick him when he is down?

That he's a public figure

Loud mouth, immature, classless, boasting, insensitive, spoiled child.

he may be a loud mouth, a boaster and a spoiled child, but ask some of the children's charities in NC if he's classless or insensitive. hate the guy if u want, it's your opinion at the end of the day, but at least be accurate.

Keifer

Reaction score
D-Bag? Funny how Cam's teammates and the people of Carolina love the guy. Sure sign of a D-bag, right?
You're right about Romo, Cam never went to Cabo during a playoff run and has as many detractors in Dallas as he does fans. Newton also took his team to the the Super Bowl, something Romo will never do. Dogpile the guy for not jumping on a fumble, but what about barrelling over defenders all year long while scrambling? He surely thinks his body isn't worth getting hit, right?

No he doesn't. He said as much in an interview today.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
so all players must be classless, immature punks because they all gloat when they win and are humbled when they lose

All........not a chance. some do. Emmitt never did, Aikman, Brady, the classy ones. Plenty more. How many QB's do you see dancing around being a showboat? Running down the field and hugging their players, maybe. Newton goes out of his way.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

he may be a loud mouth, a boaster and a spoiled child, but ask some of the children's charities in NC if he's classless or insensitive. hate the guy if u want, it's your opinion at the end of the day, but at least be accurate.

That they dont like him for whatever reason. The reason is that he is a show off. When you gloat, people like to see you get put in our place.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Im strictly talking about his on on field and football persona. Nothing to do with his charity work off the field. I am being 100% accurate in that regards. No one can change that opinion, but Cam himself.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Where did this stupidity originate?
From haters hating and being called out in it. That's what most people are in this situation but hey people like to think they aren't negative for silly reasons but they are. That's when it looks like,hating even if it really isn't.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score

But people liking a person is not a defining factor on rather they're a D-Bag or not. Lots of people love/loved Justin Bieber, Axel Rose, Bill Romonowski, etc. in sports and entertainment but that didn't change the fact that those people were D-Bags.

The rest of your post was...ehhh...better to just eliminate the problem really.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
From haters hating and being called out in it. That's what most people are in this situation but hey people like to think they aren't negative for silly reasons but they are. That's when it looks like,hating even if it really isn't.

Apparently nobody under the age of 40 or so even knows what "hate" really is. This "haters gonna hate" is as stupid as "it is what it is" stupidity.

TX Cowboy

Reaction score
All........not a chance. some do. Emmitt never did, Aikman, Brady, the classy ones. Plenty more. How many QB's do you see dancing around being a showboat? Running down the field and hugging their players, maybe. Newton goes out of his way.

Showboating can be anything from? raising your hands after throwing a touchdown pass. To? running down the field
the good players hand the ball off, but everyone likes a little fun in sports and athletes tend to gloat after something big
has happened. Even Tiger Woods is guilty of showboating, so the reality is? all athletes, not some all showboat so it's
not just Newton doing this FYI

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Showboating can be anything from? raising your hands after throwing a touchdown pass. To? running down the field
the good players hand the ball off, but everyone likes a little fun in sports and athletes tend to gloat after something big
has happened. Even Tiger Woods is guilty of showboating, so the reality is? all athletes, not some all showboat so it's
not just Newton doing this FYI

No, those things arent show boating. Being happy you scored a TD isnt show boating. The way Newton does it all is show boating. Big difference. If you cant see the difference, then I guess that is why we are arguing right now.

Newton has already admitted in interviews that he is a bad winner as well as a bad loser. That is just who he is. And we saw his father get on ESPN First Take and gloat and brag about his son winning the SB. So we know where it comes from. Look it up on Youtube if you like.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I'll post this again, words from Newton himself.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/11/4/5064496/cam-newton-interview-disgusting-attitude

"It was very disgusting," Newton said. "That's as blunt as I can be. I could say other words as well. We went back on YouTube and looked at Cam Newton's post game interviews. I was like "oh my God," I see what people see. I see how people are viewing me. When they see this selfish player, or see this childish temper tantrum that I was throwing, I'm like "that's why people look at me like that"

Newton has acknowledged his attitude problems. Newton is self-aware that he gets a big head win not facing adversity, and we all saw how he handled himself when he came crashing down. This is not a QB I'd want under the big lights in a pressure situation. Maybe he'll change in the future, but as of now, his biggest achievement will be disappointing fans after being the leagues MVP and potential future face of the NFL.

I see no reason to be making excuses for his behavior when he himself labeled his attitude "disgusting".

TX Cowboy

Reaction score
No, those things arent show boating. Being happy you scored a TD isnt show boating. The way Newton does it all is show boating. Big difference. If you cant see the difference, then I guess that is why we are arguing right now.

Have you ever played sports? if not then I can't expect you to understand the emotion of a player, who is not already
embarrassed at throwing an interception, fumbling. Or watching as your defense or special teams gives up a big play
to the opposing squad and you have to sit there and watch, as they raise their arms or celebrate on the field. This is
why? you simply hand off the ball and head immediately to the sidelines, there is plenty of grab assing and praising
that can be done out of site without it effecting others

Newton has already admitted in interviews that he is a bad winner as well as a bad loser. That is just who he is. And we saw his father get on ESPN First Take and gloat and brag about his son winning the SB. So we know where it comes from. Look it up on Youtube if you like.

You mean a 'poor loser!' to which I say, nobody likes losing especially when you are so close to something that is often so far
out of reach. For others, Newton wanted to win that game with every fiber of his being. But, Denver came to play defensively
and knew exactly how to neutralize the Panthers. What could of went wrong? did go wrong! I however don't believe that Cam
in anyway threw the game as many have suggested.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Have you ever played sports? if not then I can't expect you to understand the emotion of a player, who is not already
embarrassed at throwing an interception, fumbling. Or watching as your defense or special teams gives up a big play
to the opposing squad and you have to sit there and watch, as they raise their arms or celebrate on the field. This is
why? you simply hand off the ball and head immediately to the sidelines, there is plenty of grab assing and praising

You mean a 'poor loser!' to which I say, nobody likes losing especially when you are so close to something that is often so far
out of reach. For others, Newton wanted to win that game with every fiber of his being. But, Denver came to play defensively
and knew exactly how to neutralize the Panthers. What could of went wrong? did go wrong! I however don't believe that Cam

Its about grace my man and there is nothing gracious about Newton in winning or losing. He braggs and show boats when he wins and pouts and is uncooperative when he loses. That is called being a bad sport. Its a known fact he is like that and has admitted so on both counts. There is no arguing those facts. Personally, I think that kind of behavior is low class and I would expect the leader of a franchise and supposedly the face of the NFL to show more poise and good sportsmanship than that. Especially with the younger generation looking up to him for bad or for worse. If it doesnt bother you, or you enjoy that kind of behavior, that is your opinion.

And ya, I have played sports my entire life.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

People didnt suggest he threw the game. They suggested that he tapped out on that last fumble. And if you watched the fumble and saw how he barely tried to recover it, you would have to wonder about it. When everyone else is throwing themselves at the football, Cam acts like he doesnt feel like even bending down.

rynochop

Reaction score
People didnt suggest he threw the game. They suggested that he tapped out on that last fumble. And if you watched the fumble and saw how he barely tried to recover it, you would have to wonder about it. When everyone else is throwing themselves at the football, Cam acts like he doesnt feel like even bending down.

And his reasoning was just as bad, he could have tore up his knee or whatever he said..really dude? That's someone who was frustrated, giving up, taking his ball and going home. Tony probably would have dove on that in a preseason game

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
And his reasoning was just as bad, he could have tore up his knee or whatever he said..really dude? That's someone who was frustrated, giving up, taking his ball and going home. Tony probably would have dove on that in a preseason game

Yep, it was a immature little cry baby, poor sport that was frustrated that his line couldnt block for him and in reality was blaming them in his head. It was like he was throwing up his arms to pout was more important than recovering the football. Reality or not, its the reason he isnt a world champion right now. Because he is a immature, show boating little cry baby. And I was actually rooting for him to win it all during the season. I respected how good they were. But not after all the show boating he pulled. I cant root for a punk like that.

TX Cowboy

Reaction score
I agree and handing the ball off when you score is being graceful. hand raising, jumping and rubbing it in
when you can be doing that. On the sidelines to me just proves showboating is not really frowned upon
I understand being happy, But remembering there are morally dejected opponents is also important

Status
Not open for further replies.