Cam Newton throwing at Auburn pro-day, says "ain't 32 better than me"

joseephuss

Reaction score
I don't know about persona, but ego for sure. A veteran QB sometimes has to put aside their ego to accept a lesser role to continue in the NFL. That role is usually as a backup and less money. There may not be 32 QBs better than him. There are many that are better than him and many that are better suited for a franchises situation than him. A team that knows it isn't a contender right now is probably better off going with a young, unproven QB and work towards a long-term plan rather than using Cam. The backup QB is a distinctly different position than the starting QB. It takes a certain mindset to be a quality backup especially when most backup QBs don't have as much talent as starters do. I don't think Cam was run out of the league. I just don't think he fits most teams needs especially as poorly as he played the last several years.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Wasn't the best thrower even in his prime, was better as a dual threat but not as athletic anymore, shoulder/arm injury that impacted his last two seasons starting in the league.

He's done. Retire and take up a career as a Twitch streamer.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
That video showed nothing but a bunch of badly thrown balls the WR had to adjust to.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Cam is shot. I like the guy and he was a monster for several years. But he's done.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Hope nobody drops the ball in the endzone ....... he may tear a hamstring trying to jump away.

ghst187

Reaction score
I probably agree there isn’t 32 better than him…but all those he is better than would rather take their chances on a youngster or rookie than deal with his age and inconsistencies.

kskboys

Reaction score
I probably agree there isn’t 32 better than him…but all those he is better than would rather take their chances on a youngster or rookie than deal with his age and inconsistencies.
Yup.

The number is prolly a lot closer to 50.

Cam cannot pass at an NFL level. There is a lot more to passing in the NFL than arm strength.

Cam is a typical QB who depended on his legs to be effective. When injuries took his legs away, he was grossly ineffective. I mean, he was bad.

Cam is no longer a starting QB in the NFL.

kskboys

Reaction score
We didn't need that to know Cam is done. We say it his last couple years in the league
Newton was sorta competent in 2018 for Car. Emphasis on sorta.

In his next three years, he not only sucked, he sucked mightily. He was beyond terrible for NE in 2020, and even worse for CAR in 2021.

What in the world makes anyone put him even in the top 32? He's really not even close.

ESisback

Reaction score
Newton was sorta competent in 2018 for Car. Emphasis on sorta.

In his next three years, he not only sucked, he sucked mightily. He was beyond terrible for NE in 2020, and even worse for CAR in 2021.

What in the world makes anyone put him even in the top 32? He's really not even close.
I’ve called him Scam Newton for years!

EST_1986

Reaction score
At this point, is Cam better than Bridgewater, Henne, Minshew, Colt McCoy, Mullens, guys like that? He is not. The number is much higher than 30.
he's too big of a side show and diva to make a roster, he's no longer close to being a starter and he cant accept that