1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

News: Cam Newton: Vegan

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Qcard, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Qcard

Qcard Well-Known Member

1,871 Messages
    1,823 Likes Received
    Vegan automatically disqualifies Cam from DC QB1.

csirl and C42 like this.
  2. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

16,853 Messages
    20,778 Likes Received
    Never trust a man that doesn’t eat meat.

TexasHillbilly and mathew1184 like this.
  3. atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy Zone Supporter

9,413 Messages
    12,749 Likes Received
    Did someone sign him? He's a perfect example of how being a prima donna after age 30 isn't healthy for an NFL player's career. The results have to outweigh the drama.

4. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

19,874 Messages
    22,039 Likes Received
    What a complete and utter moron.

Several pro players have tried the vegan diet while playing pro sports, and all have failed. The ones that come to mind are Bill Walton, Aerian Foster, and incidentally Gerald McCoy. McCoy tried it last year, and finally went away from it when he found he couldn't sustain due to the lack of protein.

5. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

26,380 Messages
    5,302 Likes Received
    I don't think being vegan is his problem. He is inaccurate and he hasn't grown as a passer. The NFL is about constantly evolving and developing. He hasn't. Maybe being a vegan doesn't help with some physical aspects of the game, but I don't think the physical aspects are his issue. He was vegan at the beginning of 2019, so this isn't new. He was pescatarian for a few years prior to that, so he hasn't eaten chicken, pork or beef in a while. I wouldn't recommend a vegan diet for an NFL player. I think the protein gained from red meat is highly beneficial for athletes of that caliber.

kskboys likes this.
  6. kskboys

19,874 Messages
    22,039 Likes Received
    All true!!!!

However, a vegan diet will compound the physical issues he's already been having.

7. BlueStar22

BlueStar22 Well-Known Member

10,169 Messages
    2,570 Likes Received
    Cam Newton...New England Patriot.

Qcard likes this.
  8. Qcard

Qcard Well-Known Member

1,871 Messages
    1,823 Likes Received
    I suggested.... actually I am being modest. I thought Cam would go to Patriots when he was released on this forum......

Not surprised at all. Belichicks ego is bigger than Brady's. Belichick can win with Cam.

9. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

37,033 Messages
    6,787 Likes Received
    Not a vegan and I'm no expert, but this has a strong scent of BS. If animal meat is the only source of protein on the planet, how in the hell is there an entire market for non-meat protein shakes?

Weightlifters are short on protein? Sure they eat meat, but what the hell are they drinking all those shakes for?

10. csirl

csirl Well-Known Member

2,414 Messages
    2,430 Likes Received
    Made from animal products e.g. milk (whey) and eggs

dogunwo likes this.
  11. csirl

csirl Well-Known Member

2,414 Messages
    2,430 Likes Received
    Deal with Patriots reported as incentive laden up to a max of $7.5m.

QB salaries are falling.

12. kskboys

19,874 Messages
    22,039 Likes Received
    Your answer makes no sense. You shouldn't call BS on someone's post, especially one who provided specific examples, and then throw some mindless blather on the paper. Your post is complete drivel. Might help to look up something instead of just spewing nonsense.

13. Hoofbite

37,033 Messages
    6,787 Likes Received
    Are all powder proteins animal-based? Honest question.

14. csirl

csirl Well-Known Member

2,414 Messages
    2,430 Likes Received
    No. Plants have proteins But the particular amino acids best for building muscle are all animal origin. Most of these body building powders are made from by products of the dairy industry. A new market for what used to be a low value, unused by product.

15. Future

Future Intramural Legend

23,972 Messages
    10,526 Likes Received
    It's because he's 31 years old and has been hurt two years straight. His salary isn't representative of anything in the market.

dogunwo likes this.
  16. TexasHillbilly

TexasHillbilly Well-Known Member

1,906 Messages
    1,594 Likes Received
    Wasn't that on Doc Hollywood? lol

17. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

26,380 Messages
    5,302 Likes Received
    I take a hemp powder protein supplement. I'm definitely a carnivore and like to supplement that protein with plant based ones.

I read that Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers are 80/20 vegans. The article referring to them as vegans makes no sense as to the vegan part. You either are or aren't a vegan, but the 80/20 diet seems about right. That is 80% plant based food ingested and 20% meat based food intake. You get a mixture of good stuff.

dogunwo and csirl like this.
  18. Hoofbite

37,033 Messages
    6,787 Likes Received
    Whatever he's doing, building muscle doesn't seem to be a problem. He's 6'5'' and built.

I dunno, I guess I'm not a fan of picking players based on their diet. His completion accuracy would be a bigger concern for me.

19. Lutonio

Lutonio Well-Known Member

1,647 Messages
    2,462 Likes Received
    Also, he’s kind of looney.

20. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

33,164 Messages
    9,193 Likes Received
    Untrue. It is a hell of a lot of work to maintain a vegan diet that provides adequate protein for regular folks. Your statement would likely be true for normal folks.

However, Cam can afford a full time cook and a nutritionist.

Meat and dairy are easy sources of protein but they aren't essential.