Cam Newton: What If?

maxdallasfan

Reaction score
What if we never had Romo, and ended up drafting Cam Newton.

Would the Dallas Cowboys be 14-0?

LittleD

Reaction score
I can't stand Newton and cannot wait for his team to be eliminated from the playoffs.

You might be waiting for a long, long time. Arizona is the only team in the NFC who might compete with them this year. Patriots are hurting right now so I
give Cam and his boys a big chance to win the whole thing.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Remember the old Marvel Comics where the watcher would do the What if scenarios...

f640fa7174d797fb698c94c4daf9e53a.jpg

Those were always kind of cool.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
You might be waiting for a long, long time. Arizona is the only team in the NFC who might compete with them this year. Patriots are hurting right now so I
give Cam and his boys a big chance to win the whole thing.

Seattle could beat Carolina! What the heck? Russell is playing well and they have a good defense.

DFWJC

Reaction score
In 2007, New England was by far the best team in the league...yet they somehow managed to lose in the Super Bowl.
Carolina is damn good, but they aren't at that level. Every team is capable of having a bad game, as we all know by now.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
What if we hired Ron Rivera instead of Jason Garrett? Both got hired at the same time and I wanted Rivera (people thought I was nuts). Much more distinct possibility of happening than being able to get Cam Newton.

I wouldn't doubt if Rivera would have still drafted Luke Kuechly. Imagine having Kuechly and Lee at linebacker?

YR

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What if we hired Ron Rivera instead of Jason Garrett? Both got hired at the same time and I wanted Rivera (people thought I was nuts). Much more distinct possibility of happening than being able to get Cam Newton.

I wouldn't doubt if Rivera would have still drafted Luke Kuechly. Imagine having Kuechly and Lee at linebacker?

YR

I LOVED him at draft time.

However...We traded up to get Mo. If we would have not traded up, the panthers would have drafted Luke before our pick.

I don't know if Jerry would have allowed Rivera to trade up to take Luke...actually I would highly doubt it so the idea of Rivera and Luke here not really a likely scenario.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

He wins everywhere he goes but people still aren't sold.

If you are asking, yes I would take Cam Newton and his contract right now in a heartbeat

egn22

Reaction score
I LOVED him at draft time.

However...We traded up to get Mo. If we would have not traded up, the panthers would have drafted Luke before our pick.

I don't know if Jerry would have allowed Rivera to trade up to take Luke...actually I would highly doubt it so the idea of Rivera and Luke here not really a likely scenario.

I'll never forget my brother said we should trade our 1st 2nd and next years first and 4th to move up to the 1 spot and then select Cam Newton. Then turn right back around and shop Romo for picks to recoup some of our losses and build our defense.
Obviously a looooong stretch but man that would have been incredible.

Dhragon

Deadly Claws of Death
Reaction score

What if the dinosaurs never died out? Would Hardy be a Raptor or a T-Rex?
Same amount of relevance as the ops question.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Considering we never had a chance at him, this is not a what if that haunts me. What if in 2012 we drafted Kuechley in the first or Poe/Cox in the first and Wagner in the second...that one hurts

actually couldn't get Poe/Cox+Wagner, but maybe one of several prospects in the first, plus Wagner