Video: Camera At Cowboys Practice Catches Video Of Gerald McCoy’s Season-Ending Quad Rupture

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Quad rupture. That sounds painful as heck.
I've had the same injury. It is painful as heck immediately, and makes your knee look deformed because the tendon that binds the thigh to the knee is detatched. The pain subsides some by the next day (pain meds help), but surgery is done as quickly as possible so the tendon doesn't atrophy, and the first few weeks after surgery are also pretty painful. It also involves a long recovery and rehab process. Probably a minimum of 8-9 months to get completely back to where he was before.

CWR

Reaction score
Like we didn’t draft a 3T back to back years lmao. McCoy was a smart vet signing who had an unfortunate injury the FO was smart enough to be on top of. No blame on the FO here at all lol it’s not like they signed him then rested. They literally drafted Gallimore lol

Its called a calculated risk and unfortunately it didn't pay out this time. I can't fault the FO for swinging, especially having the foresight to put that injury clause in the contract.

817Gill

Reaction score
Its called a calculated risk and unfortunately it didn't pay out this time. I can't fault the FO for swinging, especially having the foresight to put that injury clause in the contract.
Exactly man. What’s funny is I bet some ppl who are lamenting the signing now were applauding the move when it happened.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
Sorry for the player, he obviously isn't ready to give up playing yet.

At least for the Cowboys, better that this happened now than a game or 2 into the season.

As for those that are being critical of JJ or the organisation for even making the signing, you know nothing about JJ or football or anything in life.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
That is what it looks like when you play with a pre-existing injury and re-injure it. Great signing for another unavailable player on defense by Jerry Dumbo GM Jones. Jerry loves the unreliable (players with off the field issues) and the unavailable (pre-existing injured players) on defense because he got them cheap value or at a good price. Since 1995, that personnel strategy has not worked but Jerry will keep doing the same thing over and over again getting the same results but looking for different results.
Well hey it only cost them 3 million dollars! lol The jones boys love players with names and reps , drafted high, and they could be on crutches and get signed
if they are cheap enough.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
If that's all it took to cause such a serious injury, it was likely a matter of time for it to happen, anyway.

Seems it's for the best that it occurred so early. At least, the C'boys get the needed time to adjust! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Did not look like much, but then again many injuries are that way.
I still question why gamble on a weekend tendon if found during his physical. But then again that is Jerry.

Jerry gambled on everything in signing players, except he was conservative and stubborn on keeping Garrett. A 10 year failed gamble.
I know what you mean.

Holy Smoke..that thing blew up over nothing.

This team has a very nasty habit of trying to take damaged goods and make them try to work.

Sorry for McCoy. At least he got some money for his effort to play. Why wasn't this injury better tapped or make more protected in order to practice?

Not a doctor but the player had to have known what the quad was feeling like. These guys play with pain all the time but this just seems out of the ordinary.

Welcome Mr. GRIFFEN.

:starspin:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
***? Did he have the same doctor as Boobie Miles?

Must've got his MRI at Midland.

That's just pathetic. The first practice and that barely phantom contact and you rupture the quad? That thing must've been held together with bubble gum.
Just inconceivable he was trying to play with his quad like that.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
At first, I was bummed that McCoy got injured and wouldn't be available for this year.
Then I realized that this would have happened sooner or later.
I hate to say this, but the guy was destined to get injured. :(

Praxit

Reaction score
yes.

wouldn’t a simple MRI have verified this?

Then Dallas could have skipped the 3 million dollar roulette bet.
..sometimes, I suppose they go by word of mouth and trust. Rather then going straight to the gurney. But yeah, MRI would have told different story.

Hadenough

Reaction score
That is what it looks like when you play with a pre-existing injury and re-injure it. Great signing for another unavailable player on defense by Jerry Dumbo GM Jones. Jerry loves the unreliable (players with off the field issues) and the unavailable (pre-existing injured players) on defense because he got them cheap value or at a good price. Since 1995, that personnel strategy has not worked but Jerry will keep doing the same thing over and over again getting the same results but looking for different results.
I was complaining that these guys Jerry brought in I wanted years ago. I said they were on the downside of their careers and somebody said to my comment I'm acting these guys are 38 years old and just trying negative. Well this is exactly why I wasn't crazy about bringing in these older guys. Your right about Jerry looking for the cheap deal.