Cameron Fleming's contract details

75boyz

Reaction score
Underrated signing. Fleming is a capable swing tackle and by resigning him it allows us not to have spend draft capital in the early rounds on one or pay retail for a backup.

Of our offseason this was IMO our best signing thus far. The list then goes:

2. Austin
3. The guy contracted to refill soda machines
[...]
39. Witten

Oh I agree with this as the most effective re-signing. Total upgrade of Fleming over Green but not to the point of not at least considering a potential long term solution. And it's kinda strange cuz I think the interior Oline is talented and actually NFL caliber "deep." Tackles, not so much. I'm just so unsure over Tyrons health the last few seasons that it would not piss me off if an offensive tackle was taken at 58.

Hopefully Columbo, under Old Man Houck's tutelage, can continue to coach em up and possibly get an end product resembling what that Scarnecchia guy in New England seems to put out yearly. That's what I'm hoping for anyway.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
The Witten and Olawale deal aren't bad. But at he same time...I can't find it in myself to commend them for retaining players to decent deals.
Witten's deal is $5M correct?
For 25-30 snaps that's just not smart allocation of CAP.

Oh you absolutely should. They didnt sign their players early, they let them test the market, and then after the gamble of them possibly signing to another team they signed them to team friendly contracts. That's how you get the edge in roster construction. Doesnt matter if the free agents are internal or external