Can already taste that big ol' chicken fried steak named Aaron Rodgers!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Not to sound overconfident or anything, but good judgment tells me to be humble and hope for the best. On the other hand, I recently pictured a scenario where Rogers was being constantly pummeled by our d-line and was forced to leave the Packers' field with his head down, while being tearfully devastated. Then, I woke up and just grinned widely from having the most wonderful dream I've had in years -- I'd pay to have it again! :D

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Key difference: That 2013 team was extremely mediocre. The team now is playing like a real contender. There is no reason to expect anything but a win with Green Bay struggling and sitting at 3-6.

Could Rodgers come out and light us up? Oh yeah for sure. I would say he very well might. Could the defense totally shut him out and make him look like a clown? Yep. They could.

In the end, what we say does not matter.

The team was playing like a real contender last season until they faced a mediocre Denver team at home and we all what happened against Teddy Bridgewater. We were down 30-0 before we knew it. It was about this time last year when we laid that egg. Go back to 2014, we had a great team that was riding a six game winning streak and lost at home to a struggling 2-5 Washington team that was down to their third string QB. Prior to the game fans on this board were laughing it up predicting how many sacks we would have against Colt McCoy. He ended up having a career game. Lol

You can’t take anything for granted, especially going up to Lambeau facing Aaron Rodgers who’s beaten us a lot of times. No doubt the Cowboys have the better team but you never know with the Cowboys what team will show up that day. The Cowboys have a tendency to come back flat after bye weeks. It doesn’t matter how many times Cowboys fans get burned by the team it doesn’t stop them from getting carried away every time they’re playing well. Hopefully several of these chest pounding threads that are being started don’t have buzzards circling around them after Sundays game.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The Cowboys have a tendency to come back flat after bye weeks.

They have gone 4-1 in their last 5 post bye week games.

Go back to 2014, we had a great team that was riding a six game winning streak and lost at home to a struggling 2-5 Washington team that was down to their third string QB. Prior to the game fans on this board were laughing it up predicting how many sacks we would have against Colt McCoy. He ended up having a career game. Lol

That 2014 team still had a heck of a season and was a single replay away from likely playing in an NFC Championship game. One game never defines a season. It's the NFL and any team can beat you any week. Parity is the name of the game.

Hopefully several of these threads that are being started don’t have buzzards circling around them after Sundays game.

This whole idea of calling people out after their opinion of how a game is going to go turns out to be false (even if it is stated modestly) is part of what makes this place suck half of the time.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers has owned the Cowboys in the past. I've been burned too many times.

I know he's having a bad year but until proven otherwise, I am assuming he will burn this team again and our only chance is to outscore him.

No way I will underestimate Aaron Rodgers, no matter how bad he is running right now
Aaron Rodgers has never seen this defense type of Dallas Defense before.

Motorola

Reaction score
It's November. Month of Thanksgiving and time to feast. First match of November for the Cowboys is none other than the ailing 3-6 Green Bay Packers and their sniveling, backstabbing chicken wannabe rooster of a QB named Aaron Rodgers. He's been a royal pain in the Cowboys buttocks for the past decade, so it's no better time than now to put a shellacking of a beat down on them Packers and send that sniveling, wry smiling QB of theirs into retirement for good in front of their home crowd. I can already taste that chicken fried steak (named Aaron Rodgers) ready to be served for our Cowboys!

Green Bay Packers 2022 season so far:
3-6 overall
2-4 conference
1-2 division
1-4 away
2-1 home
0-1 neutral
points differential to date___ -34
current streak going on - lost 5...five straight

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Even though the Packers are struggling it’s going to be like heading into a hornets nest at Lambeau with the fans revved up for McCarthy’s return. The Packers are going to desperately need this game so we better be ready to play. If they jump on us early it could be a long day. The Cowboys have struggled against average QBs and their success the past 20 years against future Hall of Fame QBs hasn’t been very good especially against Aaron Rodgers. If some want to chalk this up as a blowout win go ahead but I’m taking the cautious approach. It didn’t take fans long to forget how badly they got burned last year by the team. Lol The second half of the season will show us if the Cowboys are for real.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
We are going knock the Cheese out of their heads, but had to throw this stat out for those that appreciate the history.
The Cowboys are 1-8 over their last 9 games against the Packers.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Even though the Packers are struggling it’s going to be like heading into a hornets nest at Lambeau with the fans revved up for McCarthy’s return. The Packers are going to desperately need this game so we better be ready to play. If they jump on us early it could be a long day. The Cowboys have struggled against average QBs and their success the past 20 years against future Hall of Fame QBs hasn’t been very good especially against Aaron Rodgers. If some want to chalk this up as a blowout win go ahead but I’m taking the cautious approach. It didn’t take fans long to forget how badly they got burned last year by the team. Lol

I think we're the better team but one thing that can get Rodgers fired up is Dallas and obviously with McCarthy coming in Coach Lafleur will have these guys amped up too..bit of a trap game right now walking into Lambeau

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
They have gone 4-1 in their last 5 post bye week games.

That 2014 team still had a heck of a season and was a single replay away from likely playing in an NFC Championship game. One game never defines a season. It's the NFL and any team can beat you any week. Parity is the name of the game.

This whole idea of calling people out after their opinion of how a game is going to go turns out to be false (even if it is stated modestly) is part of what makes this place suck half of the time.

They may be 4-1 after bye weeks in recent years but not all those performances were solid. Some of their swoons started not long after the bye week. As for the 2014 team so they had a great regular season. They still didn’t get past the divisional round in the playoffs. I’m certainly not going to use a replay as an excuse for why they didn’t.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I think we're the better team but one thing that can get Rodgers fired up is Dallas and obviously with McCarthy coming in Coach Lafleur will have these guys amped up too..bit of a trap game right now walking into Lambeau

No doubt we’re the better team we just have to be the better team that day. Despite how this season is gone, Aaron Rodgers is still a great QB and great QBs can find a way. I know he feels very confident playing against the Cowboys. He’s had a lot of success against us.

Brooksey

Reaction score
We are going knock the Cheese out of their heads, but had to throw this stat out for those that appreciate the history.
The Cowboys are 1-8 over their last 9 games against the Packers.

I can't remember the one win or the last time we beat these guys, lol

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They may be 4-1 after bye weeks in recent years but not all those performances were solid. Some of their swoons started not long after the bye week. As for the 2014 team so they had a great regular season. They still didn’t get past the divisional round in the playoffs. I’m certainly not going to use a replay as an excuse for why they didn’t.

I guess I don't get what your point is. It's the NFL and anyone can beat you. This is especially true when a hall of fame QB is involved. No one here is stupid enough to think there is no chance Green Bay beats Dallas at Lambeau field where they have been so good for so long. Let people talk their big game if they want. I think we all are just doing some venting since Rodgers has owned us for so long and it looks like this is a prime opportunity to flip the script.

All I'm saying about 2014 is that if a few plays broke a different way that team could have very easily been in the Superbowl. Luck is a massive part of any championship run especially in a game like football.

Brooksey

Reaction score
No doubt we’re the better team we just have to be the better team that day. Despite how this season is gone, Aaron Rodgers is still a great QB and great QBs can find a way. I know he feels very confident playing against the Cowboys. He’s had a lot of success against us.

They don't have much at WR, (Lazard?) we have to shut down their run game. If Dillion/Jones get going on the ground at home, it could open some stuff up for Rodgers and be a problem

TheCritic

Reaction score
Just what the Cowboys need, Aaron Rodgers with his back against the wall...