Can Anyone Say Number 6?!

t.o.boys81

Reaction score
With all the threats that we have on offense next year and our defense coming back to dominating form, what do you think about winning SB Number 6? I think this is a very realistic chance for Big D.:lombardi:

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Our team is slowly getting better.

I still have questions about leadership, the offensive line (skill and its ability to come together), fullback, free safety and the outside linebacker opposite Ware.

And, the obvious depth issues -- what if we suffer an injury at receiver? what if Bledsoe gets hurt? who is our backup nose tackle? etc...

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
DanTanna said:
Man I thought this was another VY wonderlic thread.

Excellent. :laugh2:

This offensive line just isnt good enough to get to the NFC championship game, let alone the Super Bowl. I am sold on the tackles, but the middle three positions are all huge question marks.

Ken

Reaction score
Dale said:
Our team is slowly getting better.

I still have questions about leadership, the offensive line (skill and its ability to come together), fullback, free safety and the outside linebacker opposite Ware.

And, the obvious depth issues -- what if we suffer an injury at receiver? what if Bledsoe gets hurt? who is our backup nose tackle? etc...
Agreed.

WR and backup qb really worry me. I really think we need to draft someone in the first two rounds for WR.

If they are confident in Romo, i guess i'll have to defer judgement. I just don't know how they could be comfortable with a former undrafted rookie FA qb who has never taken a snap in an NFl game.

I thnik we will fill our back up DT either in the Draft in the early portion or through a FA bargain later.

FS will be one of our top two picks, i'm convinced.

This team is not there yet, but it is making some strides and making sound moves.

Ken

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO said:
Excellent. :laugh2:

This offensive line just isnt good enough to get to the NFC championship game, let alone the Super Bowl. I am sold on the tackles, but the middle three positions are all huge question marks.

I don't think Rivera is a question mark. Even though he was stellar last year, he certainly was better than average. Not what we paid for, but still not bad. He should only get better this season.

I also don't think the Center position was terrible last year. They did fine in pass protection, i just think that Al Johnson does nothing in the run game.

Kosier seems to be a lunch pale, hard working, technically sound OL. Maybe not the most talented, but seems to work and play hard. Probably the polar opposite of what we had last year. This guy does have upside.

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
t.o.boys81 said:
With all the threats that we have on offense next year and our defense coming back to dominating form, what do you think about winning SB Number 6? I think this is a very realistic chance for Big D.:lombardi:

I feel your optimism and enthusiasm! However it all starts up front with the oline, if they play average to great I see a very big season for Bledsoe and TO. If they play lousy it could be trouble.....the wild card who's under the radar right now is Julius Jones. If he can stay healthy and steps up his game, then no defense will be able to shut us down. The last thing we need is a repeat of last year when the offense was one dimensional with the passing game....but again it really depends on the oline staying healthy and playing consistent!

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Ken said:
Agreed.

WR and backup qb really worry me. I really think we need to draft someone in the first two rounds for WR.

If they are confident in Romo, i guess i'll have to defer judgement. I just don't know how they could be comfortable with a former undrafted rookie FA qb who has never taken a snap in an NFl game.

I thnik we will fill our back up DT either in the Draft in the early portion or through a FA bargain later.

FS will be one of our top two picks, i'm convinced.

This team is not there yet, but it is making some strides and making sound moves.

We're getting to the point, at least, where it looks like the talent is building up to the point that, if we encountered a few lucky breaks (ie. Kosier playing well, Rivera's play improving, etc) that we could become competitive in a Super Bowl run. In my opinion, at least.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Ken said:
I don't think Rivera is a question mark. Even though he was stellar last year, he certainly was better than average. Not what we paid for, but still not bad. He should only get better this season.

I also don't think the Center position was terrible last year. They did fine in pass protection, i just think that Al Johnson does nothing in the run game.

Kosier seems to be a lunch pale, hard working, technically sound OL. Maybe not the most talented, but seems to work and play hard. Probably the polar opposite of what we had last year. This guy does have upside.

Completely disagree about Rivera. Players his age dont get better as the years tack on.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Ken said:

In my mind, Kosier is the guy that'll make or break this line. We 'kinda' know what we have with everyone else -- even though question marks are there.

It's obvious our staff thinks highly of Kosier. Our quick signing shows we figured that if we allowed him to sit around in free agency, the market would heat up for him.

Hopefully, we're onto something. If we are right on him, I think this line will be all right. If not, it could be the first of several problems.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
t.o.boys81 said:
I do agree that Julius is the wild card. I think it will all come down to him.

JJ doesnt matter if the line plays like slugs the way they did last year. It all comes down to the OL.

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
Dale said:
In my mind, Kosier is the guy that'll make or break this line. We 'kinda' know what we have with everyone else -- even though question marks are there.

It's obvious our staff thinks highly of Kosier. Our quick signing shows we figured that if we allowed him to sit around in free agency, the market would heat up for him.

Hopefully, we're onto something. If we are right on him, I think this line will be all right. If not, it could be the first of several problems.

I agree, but don't forget we still have the draft. And it's a distinct possibility we will be drafting a guard in the 1st or 2nd round.....so if anything we will have depth and other options.

I'm still hoping that we will pick up Jarold Sowell to upgrade the blocking at the FB position.....he's a significant upgrade over polite.

Ken

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO said:
Completely disagree about Rivera. Players his age dont get better as the years tack on.
I was basically refering to his back injury last year.

All indicaitons are he is working extremely hard this offseason to bounce back.

We will see.

t.o.boys81

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO said:
JJ doesnt matter if the line plays like slugs the way they did last year. It all comes down to the OL.

I don't think the O-line is gonna be as bad as you think. We've upgraded quite a bit with the signing of Fabini. He's a much better option than Pettiti and Flozell is gonna be back. Keep that in mind as well.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
t.o.boys81 said:
I don't think the O-line is gonna be as bad as you think. We've upgraded quite a bit with the signing of Fabini. He's a much better option than Pettiti and Flozell is gonna be back. Keep that in mind as well.

Yes, but Flozell wasnt even that good last season before he got hurt.

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO said:

:laugh1: :laugh2: :lmao2:

You saw what happened to this offense after he went down right?

t.o.boys81

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO said:

Look at the difference with him playing and when he was out. Huge difference with protection with Bledsoe.