Can Dak be as effective as Steve Young

blueblood70

Reaction score
who cartes why??

daks dak not anyone else and if you are believing the hype about using him more in the run game, you are reading far more into that then you should.

dak got pulled way back last year as he came off the ankle surgery, then the shoulder, then the calf.
of course they may go back to using him like 2019 maybe run more to his average like Wilson does, they are throwing qbs but can run when needed and we want dak to take off more now that hes confident hes healed but not used in called plays so much as lamar or something.

Just be more of threat at taking off is what we missed last year.. they wont expose him as much as you think but i expect him to be a threat this season especially with Gallup out they will start off wanting teams to respect daks running and use him more the first month to keep the defense honest,

DonaldM

Reaction score
I like the idea of him running more this season. And I have never seen him as a great runner. I have seen him be effective. Looking forward to a great season for Dak.

Aven8

Reaction score
I will say taking away Dak running the ball takes a lot of his game. He’s no burner but he’s effective when he does. Having him as a drop back passer is ridiculous. He reminds me so much of Air McNair and that’s his game.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Steve Young was a freaking stud. I love Dak but he’s not in his league.
right i guess you missed his first 6 season developing the dude basically was HiIl over with the saints traded from TB to sf and then developed by one of the best qb coaches ever..took him until his 7th year to even get significant snaps and was 5-5 , his 8th year his first full years as 16 game starter the 9ers were great 14-2 , he played well but daks rookie year was better statistically than that as well as 13-3 and he was ROY. seriously the dak troll hate and the selective memory of some of you border on the insane.. daks every bit as good as young ever was and he wasn't on that 9er team.

.studd maybe at the end but Daks first 6 years and Youngs first 7, no comparison.

DonaldM

Reaction score
I will say taking away Dak running the ball takes a lot of his game. He’s no burner but he’s effective when he does. Having him as a drop back passer is ridiculous. He reminds me so much of Air McNair and that’s his game.
That's a very good comparison. McNair was probably a better passer, and runner but good comparison. I think Dak is sharper

Aven8

Reaction score
right i guess you missed his first 6 season developing the dude basically was HiIl over with the saints traded from TB to sf and then developed by one of the best qb coaches ever..took him until his 7th year to even get significant snaps and was 5-5 , his 8th year his first full years as 16 game starter the 9ers were great 14-2 , he played well but daks rookie year was better statistically than that as well as 13-3 and he was ROY. seriously the dak troll hate and the selective memory of some of you border on the insane.. daks every bit as good as young ever was and he wasn't on that 9er team.

.studd maybe at the end but Daks first 6 years and Youngs first 7, no comparison.

This is like comparing Farve and Rogers. Rogers did squat his first three years too because he was playing behind a HOF QB. When you have Montana you’re going to ride the bench as well.

As I stated I love Dak, but he’s no Young. Young is a HOF QB, two times league MVP, and the Heisman runner up. I hated the dude but he could play.

kskboys

Reaction score

Soooo, how long does Dak sit if he has a Joe Montana in his prime playing in front of him. Honestly, Blue, your post was simply dishonest.

kskboys

Reaction score
Why? We entertain your gay *** nose tackle post every year.
Ah, you poor thing. You don't comprehend the difference between a comparison post between an all time great QB and an above average one, and a post/thread about shoring up weak positions? Wow. I take it you haven't been a football fan for very long.

blueblood70

Reaction score
This is like comparing Farve and Rogers. Rogers did squat his first three years too because he was playing behind a HOF QB. When you have Montana you’re going to ride the bench as well.

As I stated I love Dak, but he’s no Young. Young is a HOF QB, two times league MVP, and the Heisman runner up. I hated the dude but he could play.

not just ride the bench he took while to develop sorry look at his stats he was on SB team, and they compare to dak and that's a fact..you can try and call a guy that took 8 years to finally start a studd but i wont he finished strong, and he wouldn't have been traded or sat that long and waiting someone would have traded for him. he was 5-5 and his 14-2 season only paralleled daks rookie season in stats and win loss column!

as a ROOKIE, dak was as good as young's 8th year as he finally became starter, dak gets zero respect and for no reason

like the guy about Mcnair's had a nice career from memory but hes not as good as dak maybe similar sure go look at his stats barely cracks 60% CP barely got 3500 yards passing and his Tds were no where near daks.

again, selective memory anything to put dak down ..

daks had great career so far regardless of Playoff team sucess and fans just Straight hate and troll every thread.,. Give this guy his due go look at his stat lines i get he became great on a great team but in no way shape or form is he clearly better than Dak..maybe as runner but its clear these players keep getting more respect and props over their team success.

Daks been great from day 1 period end of story didnt get traded his first 2 years instead he seized and let the position.

Last edited: