Can i get an objective view from Hostle or DC on ratliff on ktbb today

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Hostile or DC or zoners that have played the game, etc, can i get an objective view from you on what ratliff had to say

ratlliff talked about ledership on the team, rah rah type coach etc, would like an honest thinking on what you hear and think before i base a judgement on what ratliff said

today on smoakys sports show on ktbb interviewing ratliff

they should have the interview up and running on the link www.ktbb.com/cowboys probably go look at players or guest interviews

maybe dc or theebs or someone can put it up

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
i would like anyone that can listen to the podcast, get your evaluation on what jay ratliff said. Ratliff talked about leadership on the team, that there were leaders on this team. That to hiim their professionals, they dont need rah rah type in your face coach, etc.

So, i would like for anyone that would be wililng to listen to the jay ratliff interview, get your thoughts and input on the team from a player talking and his thougths to what you think.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
I think what i thought in the corruption of the world yet ended but tied in the side.

Ratliff sucks!

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
jay basically said, they are professionals and wade treats them like that, and thats what they want.

At same time one leader jay mentioned was greg ellis, how he goes about his business, and leads by example on the field, etc.

That they would turn this around, dont worry, and that jay doesnt read the newspapers, etc,

so i wanted to get your view on what you thought from those comments

to me, from what i heard on monday from some of the players when they said the blame should be on the players not wade. My comment is when are you players going to stand up and be accountable, and fix your errors, practice harder, and study more. You say your professionals, act like it, speak up for your head coach, and take the heat, not wade if thats what your saying.

So, before i posted this i wanted for you to listen to the podcast and see what you all thought, and then post what i thought.

Its kinda like what mickey spagnola said later on the show, if it was me and you like the guy, then you would study harder, practice harder, quit making dumb penalities and dumb mistakes, hold other players accountable, but i dont see any professional players on the cowboys team doing that now.

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
simple,some players need a Rah Rah! speech from someone(coach/player) others lead by example on the field( Roy Williams used to with a big hit) gets everyone else going and some players like Jay have the burning desire within to be the best he can be

some players can back up their talk and others cant,it will always be like that

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
At this point it is a job, some kids in college don't know what a job means.

Screw a rah rah guy, I would grab everyone by the facemask and make everyone know I wanted to kick their *** at this point.

Even of I couldn't, I bet they think I could by days' end.

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
Actually these players and coaches need to be held accountable. If we performed, at work, like these guys the last few games we would be dealt with...if a player on this team plays like crap, to many to list, they know they will not get replaced period...they are not scared of losing their job.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
I disagree with Ratliff, he is basically saying I'm prepared I'm ready I'm fired up IDK the next person should be also. Unfortunately it doesn't always work that way and its clear people are flat and stuff. This is a team and a unit that needs to work together and strive to be better as a team.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
ok thanks zoners, this is what i thought,

and yes, i know being out in the work field, if i mess up and keep messing up, i get chewed out, etc.

when the players arent getting that, then in a way in their mind, their job is safe, so why worry, why work extra hard, etc

thats the problem to me on this team and jelling as a team,

its kinda like jimmy johnson and parcells said once, you have to know as a head coach what buttons to push on a player, every player is different, some u yell at them, some you talk to them, some you encourage them and some you just see they are what they are and you get rid of them, they wont change

thats what a head coach has to do, if like coach coughlin changed his coaching style last year and the head coach of the texas longhorns, changed his coaching style and turned it around, so can wade if he wants too,

thats the bottom line, thats what great coaches do

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Do you work for KTBB? I've never heard of that station, and every thread you start is echoing something that you "heard on ktbb."

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
no, i dont work for them, i just listen to the show, dfw sports beat, cowboys roundup, nfl network, espn

juck

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2363612 said:
Hostile or DC or zoners that have played the game, etc, can i get an objective view from you on what ratliff had to say

ratlliff talked about ledership on the team, rah rah type coach etc, would like an honest thinking on what you hear and think before i base a judgement on what ratliff said

today on smoakys sports show on ktbb interviewing ratliff

they should have the interview up and running on the link www.ktbb.com/cowboys probably go look at players or guest interviews

maybe dc or theebs or someone can put it up

Why u asking Hossie he played when it was leatherheads still.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
i was asking some zoners on this board that i respect their opinion and their thoughts

sometimes they show me another side to the question or answer that i didnt think about

just mainly wanted to see what everyone thought and their input before i made a judgement on what ratliff said

now i like ratliff, to me he is one of the hardest working players we have on the team, he always gives 110 percent on the field to me

thats just my opinion of course, but at same time if you want to be called professionals, then act like it, step up to the plate and be accountable

i tihink for too long this team has had players that arent leaders on the team, they have let coaches like parcells, gailey, wade take the heat, but they dont want to own up and confess when they blow it and be a man and say so

you cant take a step forward as a player if you dont own up to your short comings, etc

example, in a game back in 90's emmitt smith fumbled and cost the cowboys a game against the houston oilers

emmitt confessed and blamed himself on that losing the game and told his teammates that he let them down and that wouldnt happen again if he could help it, emmitt didnt fumble in a good while after that

thats what accountability is, you own up to it, see what you did wrong, see how it hurt you and your teammates and vow not to let it happen again

i dont see that on this team, from the players

just like everyone says, leadership, heart, desire, want to is vastly needed on this team

now im not saying all of the players are like that, but when an all pro offensive linemen like flozell adams says i played ok and off of the other offensive linemen said, we stunk the place up, something is wrong

and flozell is one of the oldest players onthis team that drafted him

to me,thats whats wrong on this team;

just like the players were saying that parcells played to much a vanilla defense, and they wanted more, wade plays a smiliar 3-4 defense and doesnt put too much defensive plays on the players, but when the cowboys defensive players start losing, they say you need to scale back the defense and make it simple for us on defense game planning

that to me right there says, these players havent studied hard, practiced hard to get this or wade's defense now, so now they are making excuses, but not owning up to the accountability

thats whats wrong on this team

im not making excuses for wade, he has let this happen

and when a center misses 2 qb exchanges in the last 2 weeks, something is wrong

have you seen gurode own up to this and practiced extra time to get this better, no, the head coach says we have to fix that too

that is part of the problem to me, lack of accountability on players and coaches, no hitting in practice, miscommunication, desire, heart, intensity, urgency of the game,

when your head coach comes out and says some of these players expect to win iin the last few minutes of the game, or they keep putting the ball on the ground, somethign is wrong,