Can Indy go 16-0???

ljs44

Reaction score
Looks like they have Pitt and SD at home, and Jacksonville on the road. The rest of their schedule looks beatable.

Any thoughts?

Eddie

Reaction score
I would have no complaints about seeing Indy go 16-0, as long as they lose to the Cowboys in the Super Bowl. ha ha

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
ljs44 said:
Looks like they have Pitt and SD at home, and Jacksonville on the road. The rest of their schedule looks beatable.

Any thoughts?

this is the 2nd or 3rd time in a less than a week this same thread has been started...

sure anything is possible I guess, but they still play At Cinci, Pittsburgh, at Jacksonville, San Diego and at Seattle

David

scottsp

Reaction score
They're obviously a great team, but they'll trip up.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
No.
Look at the schedule up to this point and then see how much harder ti gets.
They have literally played no one before the Pats and even the Pats are mediocre.

They get Seattle, Pitt, San Diego, Jax again and Cincy before its all over.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
ljs44 said:

Any thoughts?

Every year there is some team that goes 7-0 or 8-0 and people start to ask this same question. The answer is that each of those teams has the talent to go undefeated but football isn't simply a game of talent but of emotion and it is very difficult for an entire team to "get up" for every opponent, particularly the lesser ones.

The Colts play the Texans next week and I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them have a down game against them after beating the Patriots in New England last night. They play Cincy, the Chargers, and Pittsburgh still and any of them could catch Indy unprepared or uninspired.

This is the reason why it is so difficult to go undefeated for an entire season, you just can't maintain the emotional high week after week. Dungy is an excellent coach and the Colts are a very balanced and disciplined team so they have what it takes to make it all the way but we won't know if they will until they do it. Then they have to win out in the playoffs and SB in order for it to mean anything. 19 games is an awful lot of football to stay at the top.

Can they? Yes. Will they? I doubt it.

BTW the Colts were my pre-season pick to win it all so it is nice to see that they are looking like they will make my prediction come true. My NFC rep was the Panthers and they are looking good now so I might be right on both teams, we'll see.

TonyS

Reaction score
ljs44 said:

Any thoughts?

They can, but they won't.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I would love it, for no other reason than they can quit showing the 72 Dolphins celebrating when the last unbeaten loses.

No, I don't think they can.

TonyS

Reaction score
CliffnMesquite said:
As long as they go 18 and 1 all's good. :D

Cliff, they can lose a regular season game and win the SB and be 18-1.

I'm assuming you mean they can go undefeated and lose to us in the SB, right.

I like optimists.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
If they don't go 19 - 0 it will be a meaningless number. To supplant the Miami Dolphins they will have to go undefeated all the way to and through the Superbowl. Otherwise they will go down simply as just another very good team.

BTW it doesn't matter to me...I'm not a Dolphins fan nor am I a Colts fan. If they do it they do it and if they don't they don't. I just think that if they do it would be a classy thing for the old Dolphins players to send each of the Colts players a bottle of Champagne and let them carry the torch.

CliffnDallas

Reaction score
TonyS said:
Cliff, they can lose a regular season game and win the SB and be 18-1.

I'm assuming you mean they can go undefeated and lose to us in the SB, right.

I like optimists.
yes that is what I ment. I'm sorry I was not clear.