Can Petitti play at left guard?

silver

Reaction score
pittdawg said:
i think that's a very good assessment. rob is not discouraged, nor is he relinquishing his position without an all out effort. he has stayed in dallas since seasons end to work on his physical limitations and to improve on conditioning and strength. he has been lifting heavily and has gained 10 to 12 lbs of muscle.

concerning position flexibility, i think he is still better at LT because of continuing adjustment to the RT. after mini camp and going into the season, i think these should even out. the added strength will definitely be beneficial here.

that being said, if fabini prevails i know rob will take this as an opportunity to not only learn from a vet, but a chance to perfect his own game.
i guess he's staying at Tackle. His versatility may assure him a spot on the team. Being able to play both sides is great. Something Rogers could never figure out. I still think his eventual position will be guard where he's not isolated on an open space. I remember Bruce Mathews from the Oilers/Titans was able to extend his carreer after moving inside being originally a LT at USC.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
pittdawg said:
i think that's a very good assessment. rob is not discouraged, nor is he relinquishing his position without an all out effort. he has stayed in dallas since seasons end to work on his physical limitations and to improve on conditioning and strength. he has been lifting heavily and has gained 10 to 12 lbs of muscle.

concerning position flexibility, i think he is still better at LT because of continuing adjustment to the RT. after mini camp and going into the season, i think these should even out. the added strength will definitely be beneficial here.

that being said, if fabini prevails i know rob will take this as an opportunity to not only learn from a vet, but a chance to perfect his own game.
I'm glad to hear that Rob is muscling up. I knew that he needed an offseason in our strength and conditioning program to work on his physical assets. After loosing the 40 or so pounds that he did last year it was obvious that he was not in true pro football condition. I have said all along that he was not ready to start last year and needed to gain strength and get more solid.

I am one of the people who have not given up on Rob just because he was pushed in a bit over his head as a rookie. I think that this will be his year. He gained a lot of valuable experience last year and can build on that with an offseason to get stronger. I hope he is working on some quickness drills and lateral movement drills. I still think he is going to make one hell of a tackle.

TX_Yid

Reaction score
When Rob got the help that a rookie sometimes needs he was more than serviceable, I was flat out impressed early in the season. As things broke down his performances spiralled a bit. I saw enough to think that he is going to be fine as a Cowboy.. his pre-season will be interesting to watch to see if he can push Fabini.. I think definitely next year he is ready to start.

I'll be pulling for him, thats for sure.

Zippy Speedster

Reaction score
Well bringing someone like Fabini in is what had to be done. Though I expect that Parcells expects Petitti to fully compete for the starting job this summer. The kid stood curagious and survived last year, seen the wolves, now lets see what he's really got going in with a clear head, already knowing what to expect and having seen the absolute worst. The Fabini signing I see as a challange to Petitti. Fabini is better now...or maybe that changes quickly if someone can rise to the challange.

I like the kid, he reminds me of Jason Witten his rookie season, last year. Last year Rob was "metally" half-broken, Jason's rookie year his face was half-broken, didn't matter to Parcells "GET BACK OUT THERE!" He loves 'em both simply because they proved themselves survivors. Dont' expect to see RP disappear anytime soon.