Can someone clear something up for me?

jem88

Reaction score
Why did Roy Williams (the receiver) receive a vote for comeback player of the year? What exactly did he come back from? Furthermore, why did he receive consideration over someone like Terry Glenn?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I didn't even know he recieved a vote. Makes no sense to me.

Maybe it was the Lions' Roy? Even if it were, I don't see why he'd get a comeback player of the year vote.

jem88

Reaction score
Rack said:
I didn't even know he recieved a vote. Makes no sense to me.

Maybe it was the Lions' Roy? Even if it were, I don't see why he'd get a comeback player of the year vote.
Yeah it was the Lions' Roy, but I can't figure out what he came back from? A rookie year in which he played 14 games and posted better stats than he did this year? Glenn on the other hand, made a huge comeback.

joseephuss

Reaction score
I saw this break down on CNNSI:

Comeback Player of the Year Voting
Player Votes
Tedy Bruschi, New England 18
Steve Smith, Carolina 18
Mark Brunell, Washington 6
Kyle Vanden Bosch, Tennessee 5
Ricky Williams, Miami 1
Joey Galloway, Tampa Bay 1
Koren Robinson, Minnesota 1

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Looks like someone confuse Ricky and Roy.

jay cee

Reaction score
I know Bruschi was amazing, coming back from that off-season stroke. But I'm confused because he did play last year.

I don't understand the parameters for comeback player. I thought it would be players that missed significant time the previous season.

joseephuss

Reaction score
jay cee said:
I know Bruschi was amazing, coming back from that off-season stroke. But I'm confused because he did play last year.

I don't understand the parameters for comeback player. I thought it would be players that missed significant time the previous season.

He missed a portion of this season. I don't think there is a clear definition or qualifications to win the award. Tommy Maddox won it a few years ago and I can not figure out why. What did he come back from? He never played at a high level before. Smith and Bruschi overcame injuries and returned to play at a high level. Maddox came into the league and did nothing until 2002 with Pittsburgh and that was just a decent season, wasn't even that great of one.