CFZ Can the Cowboys beat the Bengals without Prescott?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Don't worry.

There's a good chance we'll kick some tires on a QB after this game.
I’m not sure. I think it will more likely just turn the clock up on Prescotts return which might not be in his best health interest.

But Dak at less than 100% is probably better than anything we could muster up without major draft capital. Which just isn’t going to happen with Dak expected to return sooner than later.

There’s always the chance we could find a way to win one or two of these while Dak is out. Plus it builds up support that Dak is more valuable to us than the extreme critics want to admit.

You know the old saying. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Xeven

Reaction score
This game will tell us if Dak sucks or the whole team sucks. If we win then Dak sucks.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Ya, Dak has the whole NFL fooled!

Where do you guys come up with these loony theories? Ya, he has overcome his inability to read a defense using hos unique athleticism and amazing arm strength to finish 3rd in the league in rating.:facepalm:

That is the only way that would be possible. Yet, you still take this madness and continue to spew it?
We know that you're rooting for Rush to fail.

We know you're one of the biggest Dak fans here. We get it. Move on.

FTWayne

Reaction score
what a sad individual someone would have to be to root for Rush to do bad. If someone is, then they are not a true Cowboys fan.

shabazz

Reaction score
This game will tell us if Dak sucks or the whole team sucks. If we win then Dak sucks.

I disagree. Replacing a 7 year vet with a 1 game start player isn’t a good gauge

if Dak was replaced with a QB like Carr or Cousins I think it would give us a better gauge of the team. The game plan wouldn’t have to change much…..with Rush, I believe the game plan will change significantly and make a comparison have even that many more variables

willia451

Reaction score
Yes. I think so. You have to remember by the time Cooper got in the game against the Bucs it was already too late. But now he will have had a whole week to practice as the starter and get up to full power.

Also. Burrow had 5 turnovers last week. 5. That's a lot. Something is wrong with him. His confidence may shaken. Maybe the Cowboys D can get some. Cowboys D did a good job against the Bucs. Not their fault.

And the Cowboys can't give up on the run. Have to keep grinding it out no matter. Cowboys won't win with only 10 carries for Zeke and only 16 overall. Have to get that number way higher.

If Cowboys don't get way behind early they have a chance. Scoring first would be huge. Even if a FG only.

mcmvp

Reaction score
I thought the Cowboys roster took a step back this year, so I didn’t like the Cowboys chances even with Dak. I think Cooper Rush is a step down, but probably not as far as people think. And sometimes a change is good for a game…it can mess with an opponent’s prep work. So there’s a chance

That said I really think their only hope is that the Super Bowl hangover continues for the Bengals and they beat themselves

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Yes, they can win this game...as a team.

If they put too much on Rush he may crap the bed.

Everyone has to step up today. Any game is winnable, but if we are thinking Rush is going to put this team on his shoulders and will us to victory I think regret is coming soon to a theatre near you.

I am interested to see if this Dallas team can really bear down and focus and play fundamentally sound and consistent football. I'm not saying winning football, but more mistake free football.

I've stopped temporarily expecting and focusing on wins. I just want to see good football to start. Then let's go from there.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Only if the defense quickly returns to 2021 form and they give far more Moore opportunities to Zeke and Pollard.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Regardless how it turns out with 2:00 minutes to go this is about as good as we could have hoped for.

I have more hope we could win a couple of these games without Dak,

Status
Not open for further replies.