Can the Cowboys win the NFC East?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Not only can they win it, they will win it. The Commanders are mired in the cellar. The Eagles without McNabb are pedestrian. The Giants are beat up and imploding. We take over sole possession of the East next week when we beat the Giants at the Meadowlands. That is unless they keep sinking this week and the Titans can go 3-1 against this division. I love that 1 loss.

Ben_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;1182127 said:
Not only can they win it, they will win it. The Commanders are mired in the cellar. The Eagles without McNabb are pedestrian. The Giants are beat up and imploding. We take over sole possession of the East next week when we beat the Giants at the Meadowlands. That is unless they keep sinking this week and the Titans can go 3-1 against this division. I love that 1 loss.

I agree. Now that we have a guy that gives our offense options at quarterback, I think that this team is almost unstoppable. I mean, we already had a good defense and some pretty scary weapons on offense.

I didn't want to come to grips about the realities of Bledsoe really being a statue (I guess Parcells didn't either), but boy would it be a long long season if Bledsoe were still our quarterback.

With the unfortunate events that the Eagles have suffered ... :iggles:

Coupled with the fact that we play the Giants one more time .... :jints:

(Forget about the Commanders)

I think that we can win it as well.

I guess the question after that becomes how will we do in the playoffs?

sago1

Reaction score
If the real Cowboys is the team we saw beat the Colts, then we'll win the division with probably an 11-5 record. That means we start today with a strong showing against the Bucs on our way to our first 3 game winning streak of the season.

If we revert back to our inconsistent prevous playing ways (stupid excessive number of penalties & big yardage lost, seemingly lack of passion particularly on the defensive side, etc.), we'll probably lose 3 of our remaining 6 games probably starting with a loss against the Bucs but also including losses to the Giants and the Falcons.

A loss today and the media will disappear and we the fans will be hugely disappointed as well the Cowboy players themselves and the organization. A strong showing/win today tells the rest of the NFL we are a legit contender and look out. Of course we must follow that up in the Meadowlands in NY against the Giants which will include several of their returning injuried players. GO COWBOYS!!!

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Hostile;1182127 said:

We will take sole possession today... even if only for a few days.:D

Bizwah

Reaction score
Boy, this board is just rank with optimism.

It's great to have this DURING the season. Usually, this kind of optimism only occurs during the offseason.

I certainly think we CAN and SHOULD win the division. We have the most talent on both sides of the ball, we have the most favorable schedule, we have the fewest injuries....

But I just can't get around the fact that we seem to play our worst football whenever there's an opportunity to take charge of the division. It's been that way every year for the last seven years.

I really want to see us come out and take care of the Bucs...then let the momentum of three straight victories propel us to a long-awaited NFC East title. My heart longs for this to happen....I quiver with anticipation....

But my brain tells me that we'll come out and lay an egg today. I don't know that Romo will have had enough time to digest all the things that Kiffin will throw his way. The Bucs will be loose....I think we may be a little too cocky. Not only that, every single news outfit is predicting an EASY win for us.

I hate that.....

I hate to be a party-pooper. I really do. But it's been so long since we've taken the "control our own destiny bull" by the horns. Usually, we let the bull run around and hope someone else corrals him.

Sabu1

Reaction score
"But I just can't get around the fact that we seem to play our worst football whenever there's an opportunity to take charge of the division. It's been that way every year for the last seven years."

Yeah, but this is the most talented team we've had for the last seven years. Let's face it: Dallas has never had a legit opportunity to take control of the division because they've had inferior talent. This isn't the case this year. This is, barring injury, a playoff team at the worst. A division winner with a bye in the first round at best.

Dallyjake

Reaction score
When was the last time this franchise had 4 wins in a row? It has been a minute or two. IM confident they take care of the Bucs. The real test is going to NY and getting that W.

vicjagger

Reaction score
Hostile;1182127 said:
...and the Titans can go 3-1 against this division. I love that 1 loss.

Agreed.

NFC East vs. AFC South:

Cowboys 3-1, Commanders 2-2, Philly 1-2 (@IND), NYG 1-2 (@TEN)

Also, in "non-common" games vs. NFC West & North:

Philly 2-0, Dallas 1-0 (Det), NYG 0-2, Wash 0-1 (@STL).

That's a plus 2 game swing, with +3 or 4 very likely. These are the games that should give us the division, despite the crappy division record.