Can we all agree that this years team is not like last years team?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Sorry mods. Pls delete and chastise me. I'm a bad guy.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
The first one was fun, if not very good.
I have my eye on Aliens: Covenant.

The fan edit of Prometheus is very good, I have to admit.
OMG… I forgot about that movie. I definitely need to watch that. I kinda can’t believe I forgot that.

Prometheus was… not great. I do need to watch the fan edit though and give it another chance.

Thank you for reminding me about covenant.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Can we all agree that this years team is not like last years team? This is an improved defense and an improved Oline. Now it could be simply rising to the occasion and playing Brady and the SB champs but they appear at least from game one, to have more fight and to be a tougher against the run. Not great by any means but improved. To go toe-to-toe with that team is a good sign of the what could be a good year ahead and perhaps the NFCE and just maybe a win in the playoff. Anything can happen once we get there.
To accomplish that we need to improve the run game and the kicking game. The kicking game alone we would have won game one.

That was already obvious to most before this game.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I liked the run stuffing. Coverage seemed to be spotty. Better marginally, maybe a bit better than that with the turnovers. It's great having QB1 back, and a solid offensive line. If we can stay healthy it should be a good season. I suspect the defense will continue to improve. The lack of pass rush is concerning though.

Couple things of note based on the Bucs strengths and weaknesses.

Our run D is probably not as good as it looked. Bucs are NOT a good running team. Our pass rush is probably better than it looked as Brady and that Line are nearly impossible to sack.

Jipper

Reaction score
Can we all agree that this years team is not like last years team? This is an improved defense and an improved Oline. Now it could be simply rising to the occasion and playing Brady and the SB champs but they appear at least from game one, to have more fight and to be a tougher against the run. Not great by any means but improved. To go toe-to-toe with that team is a good sign of the what could be a good year ahead and perhaps the NFCE and just maybe a win in the playoff. Anything can happen once we get there.
To accomplish that we need to improve the run game and the kicking game. The kicking game alone we would have won game one.

100 percent, this is not last years team ....

Cebrin

Reaction score
Couple things of note based on the Bucs strengths and weaknesses.

Our run D is probably not as good as it looked. Bucs are NOT a good running team. Our pass rush is probably better than it looked as Brady and that Line are nearly impossible to sack.
He has the quickest release in the game. One thing I will say is that they were bottom of the league in rush attempts (lower than Dallas by two spots last year). I'm not sure they're not good at it, as much as I'd say that they have Brady, and some killer receivers to negate the necessity of it.

75boyz

Reaction score
Provided they win 7 or more games. If not, not so much.

jmo

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He has the quickest release in the game. One thing I will say is that they were bottom of the league in rush attempts (lower than Dallas by two spots last year). I'm not sure they're not good at it, as much as I'd say that they have Brady, and some killer receivers to negate the necessity of it.

More to an effective run game then yards or attempts. Watched them all last year. Jones isnt very good. Pretty much a straight line runner. Fournette is better but getting old.

Blake

Reaction score
I think the culture has slowly been evolving for the better since 2016 despite Jerruh’s obvious meddling. We’re beginning to see the fruits of that process. Hope it continues.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
We have different players at lots of positions so it is not like last years team. I thunk we got better But 1 good game is not a large enough sample. We are what we are after the turkey day game

Cebrin

Reaction score
More to an effective run game then yards or attempts. Watched them all last year. Jones isnt very good. Pretty much a straight line runner. Fournette is better but getting old.
Hear ya there. They have the line for it apparently. We shall see. I feel the interior is much better in depth than last year.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
How can we say this when we've only played one game? :huh:
Let's let the season play out. We may not be the same as last year. We may be.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I'm more interested in the next game. Dallas was "supposed" to lose that first game at Tampa, which would've been the case for whoever went there week one.

But the 21st century Cowboys have been likely to follow that with laying an egg the next week, a hangover loss. If this team is different they'll go to LA and win.

We'll see.

pansophy

Reaction score
I'd like to agree, but in my view we lost this game for the same reasons we lost last year.

1. Gave up a 47 yard TD pass, and almost a 2nd one. We gave up the 4th most TD passes of 20+ yards last year.
2. Gave up 3 red zone TDs and a game-winning FG (and if not for a great play to cause a fumble we would have given up a 4th red zone TD).
3. Offense got 1 red zone TD in 4 trips
4. Special team's play cost us points 4 points and we lost by 2 points.

This is all the same crap that caused us to lose last year, even when Dak when playing. So yes, the O-line looked more secure (will it with Collins out?), and the run defense was okay on 14 attempts, but I wouldn't say that we have resolved the issues we need to in order to do something this year.

People have to consider that teams have an 80% chance to win with a +1 turnover differential and we had a +2 (not counting the hail mary) and we still lost. We still have problems.