Can we beat Saints with our last night 2nd half performance?

canters

Reaction score
We probably would not beat the Saints, unless they had an off night.

cowboysfan

Reaction score
I thought for some reason the scheme has improved on the Defense secondary alittle, and that fullback containment thing is better, let's hope it just get better, else this is a big loophole. The Saints just drive a big knife on that big loophole that night.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cowboysfan;1239487 said:
Can we beat Saints with our last night 2nd half performance?
There wasn't any improvement in our pass rush so I would say NO. Brees would still pick us apart. It all starts up front.

Unforgiven

Reaction score
Again, I just don't think the Saints are as good as they played last week.

I hope we play them again. I really do.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
cowboysfan;1239487 said:
Or even the eagles and gaints ?

No. Not the Saints. The Eagles? Yes. Giants? I'm really not sure about that one. If you take the way we played in the 2nd half and play that way for 4 Qtrs then yes we beat the Giants. Had we played the way we played for 4 Qtrs last night against the Giants I believe we might not be sitting here at 9-5 right now. The defensive line really needs to step it up.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I think you guys put too much emphasis on having a GREAT defense. If you come up against a team with a great offense and a great defense that plays a great game on both sides of the ball, then "NO"...we won't beat them with a defensive effort like last night.

But, we'd give NO's a much better game that either team could win with a performance like last night, and I think we'd beat the Bears.

When our offense plays well, we can control the ball and put quite a few points on the board against anyone. Let's not forget that when N.O.'s whipped us badly, they didn't do it with a good defense...they scored on offense and we played poorly on offense...very poorly.

You don't have to have a totally GREAT team all around to win these days, not even in the playoffs, not even in the SB. But if you aren't superior in any facet of the game, you're going to lose.

Everyone would love to have a top 5 offense and a top 5 defense...clearly, Cowboys fans want the number 1 offense and the #1 defense, but that isn't going to happen anytime soon.

Personally, I'd rather have a top 5 offense with a defense that is #12-15 than the other way around. If our offense scores, we will always have a chance against anyone because while our defense isn't playing well and has been exposed, we do have some playmakers who can create turnovers and get occasional big stops on 3rd and 4th down.

If Romo and the offense stay hot, we have a chance of beating just about anyone in the NFC, including the Saints. The AFC has more balanced teams in SD and even Cinn. (whose defense is suddenly playing very tough) and NE (who is capable of putting together solid efforts on both sides of the ball, especially when healthy).

But there's no guarantee that Rivers would outplay Romo in a playoff scenerio.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Unforgiven;1239528 said:
Again, I just don't think the Saints are as good as they played last week.

I hope we play them again. I really do.

i agree with you 100%, i think that week we played as bad as we can and they played as good as they can. I hope we play them in the playoffs, we will beat them pretty good next time