can we get a freakin interception!?!?

Brandon

Benched
Reaction score
We play 10 yards off the receivers, how are we suppose to get an interception? They only need to throw 8 yard per play and march right down and score.

SquiggDoggs

Reaction score
Nope they don't...they are one ofI believe five teams that don't have one...the other four aren't doing that well this year so I don't know what the problem is with the cowboys.

Kilyin

Reaction score
SquiggDoggs;2300147 said:
Nope they don't...they are one ofI believe five teams that don't have one...the other four aren't doing that well this year so I don't know what the problem is with the cowboys.

One of two teams, it's us and the Lions.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
It's worse than that. We didn't get one in the final 2 games of last year either, counting the playoffs.

6.5 games now without a pick.

links18

Reaction score
How are we doing on turnover differential altogether?

Kind of hard to intercept the ball when the entire defensive philosophy requires the CBs to play 15 yard off the line of scrimmage.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
links18;2300308 said:
How are we doing on turnover differential altogether?

we are tied for next to last with Cincinnati and -4. Only Detroit at -6 is worse.

It's pathetic.

MONT17

Reaction score
Picks r overrated u guys should stop b4 u scare the chicken littles. The ankle biters will get some picks sooner or later!

mmohican29

Reaction score
How is it possible to not have an interception four games into the season? It's frankly unheard of. It tells me we are not trying to make plays on the ball in the air at all. Wade expects turnovers from hitting the quarterback only apparently. Once the ball is in the air it belongs to either the receiver or the turf when it falls incomplete.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
mmohican29;2300649 said:
How is it possible to not have an interception four games into the season? It's frankly unheard of. It tells me we are not trying to make plays on the ball in the air at all. Wade expects turnovers from hitting the quarterback only apparently. Once the ball is in the air it belongs to either the receiver or the turf when it falls incomplete.

So true. We don't have ball hawks on this team. Pacman is the closest thing to it. The rest of them don't go for the ball. No one tries to strip it in gang tackling situations and they are only content to tackle after the catch (that is if they even make the tackle). It doesn't even cross their minds that when the ball is in the air, they have just as much right to it. Maybe Campo should stop dancing and high-fiving and teach these guys the fundamentals.

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2300665 said:
So true. We don't have ball hawks on this team. Pacman is the closest thing to it. The rest of them don't go for the ball. No one tries to strip it in gang tackling situations and they are only content to tackle after the catch (that is if they even make the tackle). It doesn't even cross their minds that when the ball is in the air, they have just as much right to it. Maybe Campo should stop dancing and high-fiving and teach these guys the fundamentals.

Well Anthony Henry has a good eye for picking off the ball...

Eskimo

Reaction score
We are not going to get many picks until the coverage is improved.

It the players can't learn the zone, then the coaches need to change the scheme to fit what the players can do.

I really don't know why you bother investing so heavily in corners and then play so soft. You might as well be playing with rookies/scrubs if that is all you want out of the position so you can invest more in the front 7.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
I agree, especially with the talent we have not only in the 2ndary, but on the Dline. INT's usually start with pressure up front...

Kilyin

Reaction score
Another interesting stat for you, Jason Campbell is the only QB in the league that hasn't thrown an interception this season. I would hate to have to admit Campbell is a good QB, so let's hope he collapses pretty soon.