can we get a freakin interception!?!?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
links18;2300308 said:
How are we doing on turnover differential altogether?

Kind of hard to intercept the ball when the entire defensive philosophy requires the CBs to play 15 yard off the line of scrimmage.
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
dbair1967;2300380 said:
we are tied for next to last with Cincinnati and -4. Only Detroit at -6 is worse.

It's pathetic.

Why is Stewart still on the sideline?

Can somebody please explain to me with like 10 1st rounders on D why we are in the cellar with the freaking Bengals and Lions on turnovers?

I would fire Stewart so fast after seeing those stats, no wonder Jerry was so pissed at the end of the Skins game.

I would start with Stewart and let Wade know this is not Buffalo and he has 3 games to turn the D around or he is out the door as well.:mad:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Eskimo;2300689 said:
We are not going to get many picks until the coverage is improved.

It the players can't learn the zone, then the coaches need to change the scheme to fit what the players can do.

I really don't know why you bother investing so heavily in corners and then play so soft. You might as well be playing with rookies/scrubs if that is all you want out of the position so you can invest more in the front 7.

You make a great point my friend, if we are going to play 10 yards off the receivers every freaking down, why did we give Newman a new deal, why did we trade for Pac, why did we use a 1st rounder on a CB?

Wade and Stewart have no clue, I am just starting to realize this:mad:

ladiewolve

Reaction score
links18;2300308 said:
How are we doing on turnover differential altogether?

Kind of hard to intercept the ball when the entire defensive philosophy requires the CBs to play 15 yard off the line of scrimmage.

:hammer: :bang2: :hammer:

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2300794 said:
Why is Stewart still on the sideline?

Can somebody please explain to me with like 10 1st rounders on D why we are in the cellar with the freaking Bengals and Lions on turnovers?

I would fire Stewart so fast after seeing those stats, no wonder Jerry was so pissed at the end of the Skins game.

I would start with Stewart and let Wade know this is not Buffalo and he has 3 games to turn the D around or he is out the door as well.:mad:

Stewart is Phillips man...he wanted him badly and when we had a chance to add Dom Capers to the staff this past offseason, Stewart basically said his feelings would be hurt and he'd be "uncomfortable" with Capers on the staff, even in a consultant type role. It's obvious why he was afriad of this scenario, as they could easily have dumped him and named Capers DC if he struggled (which he is). Garrett reportedly was going to hire Capers as his DC had he taken either th Baltimore or Atlanta jobs, so its obvious who wanted him here.

It's also why I posted my "longshot prediction of the week" thread. If we lose Sunday to an 0-4 team, and its CLEARLY because of the defense, something is going to happen IMO. Whether its Stewart being stripped of playcalling duties, demoted, fired or a combination of him and Phillips being fired.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;2300909 said:
Stewart is Phillips man...he wanted him badly and when we had a chance to add Dom Capers to the staff this past offseason, Stewart basically said his feelings would be hurt and he'd be "uncomfortable" with Capers on the staff, even in a consultant type role. It's obvious why he was afriad of this scenario, as they could easily have dumped him and named Capers DC if he struggled (which he is). Garrett reportedly was going to hire Capers as his DC had he taken either th Baltimore or Atlanta jobs, so its obvious who wanted him here.

It's also why I posted my "longshot prediction of the week" thread. If we lose Sunday to an 0-4 team, and its CLEARLY because of the defense, something is going to happen IMO. Whether its Stewart being stripped of playcalling duties, demoted, fired or a combination of him and Phillips being fired.

I hope its the latter

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
We've got to start playing more aggressive and start taking the ball away more often. We're in sore need of making some big plays on defense so that this unit can start feeling the ability to dominate people.

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
You know what's sad?

Gaines Adams has twice as many INT's as the Dallas Cowboys D.

:(

Jake0

Reaction score
uhh.. 2 times 0 is ... 0...
Gaines Adams has infinity times as many interceptions as us.

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
Jake0;2302988 said:
uhh.. 2 times 0 is ... 0...
Gaines Adams has infinity times as many interceptions as us.
You know what I meant.