Can we get more Blake Jarwin please and I mean a lot more!

CoachD

Reaction score
As much as I love the Hall of Famer Jason Witten he's holding the offense back. He can't run for **** and can't stretch the defense as Jarwin can. Jarwin is much more of an offensive threat and he can create problems for the defense. More Jarwin, less Witten and you'll see a lot more points for the Cowboys.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
See also:

Bennett, Martelus
Escobar, Gavin

Jason Garrett doesn't want a vertical TE in the seam. I'm going to ask Santa to bring me the winning lottery ticket, but it's not going to happen.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Witten has held the cowboys back more than any player on the roster... he’s a great guy so he gets the touches because the qbs and coaches love him but we need someone who can make plays.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
While you’re telling Kellen that, please tell him to STOP RUNNING ZEKE UP THE MIDDLE ON FIRST DOWNS. Don’t forget to tell Richard and Rod to teach their players to tackle and TRACK THE BALL. This coaching staff sucks.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
coaches say no. Fans here think a 37 year old plays better than him too.

Creeper

Reaction score
Watch Higbee this Sunday. He and Jarwin are a lot alike. The Cowboys should use Jarwin the way the Rams use Higbee.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Witten has held the cowboys back more than any player on the roster... he’s a great guy so he gets the touches because the qbs and coaches love him but we need someone who can make plays.

Why blame Witten? I blame the culture of the team. How is it that other teams don't have a problem incorporating younger players into their offensive scheme instead of this seniority based garbage?

efh313

Reaction score
Even if you want to keep Witten ahead of Jarwin I don’t think it’s too much of a stretch to get him on the field often with bulk formations that call for two TE sets. This is not complicated play calling here and yet we are still struggling.

I have two good TEs...
I have a formation that utilizes both of them...
NAH!!!
:banghead:

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Why blame Witten? I blame the culture of the team. How is it that other teams don't have a problem incorporating younger players into their offensive scheme instead of this seniority based garbage?
This coaching staff bends over backwards for the guys they like. There is nothing Witten can add to the team at this point. He needs to be benched but it’ll never happen.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
As much as I love the Hall of Famer Jason Witten he's holding the offense back. He can't run for **** and can't stretch the defense as Jarwin can. Jarwin is much more of an offensive threat and he can create problems for the defense. More Jarwin, less Witten and you'll see a lot more points for the Cowboys.
Be patient my friend. There's going to be a huge overhaul come next season. I truly believe the new coaching staff will have Witty & Lee as second stringers. Time to get the dads off the field. :laugh:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

We know from stories in the past that Witten has refused to come off the field at times. We also know this coaching staff enables that behavior and also has a problem incorporating younger players.

Aven8

Reaction score
This is JG’s and Witts last three games folks. Not happening

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I love Witten, but you're right. On the down side if Jarwin goes off maybe we have to pay him more when he's a free agent in the off-season?

Jarwin has played 37% of snaps to Witten's 76%. Thought it would be more 50/50 this year with Witten being used more in short yardage and inside the 5.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

How does he hold anyone back?

Jarwin has more catches, more yards this year with witten than last year without him.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Watch out there is a hoard of Cowboy fans on this board who think Witten being in a "hurry" up offense is totally acceptable.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
How does he hold anyone back?

Jarwin has more catches, more yards this year with witten than last year without him.

Jarwin has been in on 37 % of the plays this year. Witten 77%. Those numbers should be flipped. That's the definition of holding someone back. If Witten was still retired what would Jarwin's numbers look like.