Can We Still Get #2 Seed?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
burmafrd;2456969 said:
Just do not see the Giants collapsing which is what it would take. They would have to lose three of their last 4 and we win out. Not even sure then that we would get the tie breaker over them.

Actually the Giants have to lose out and we have to win out. At 12-4, they will win a tie breaker with us because one of their losses was an AFC Loss. We already have 4 conference losses.

I seriously doubt the Giants are going 0-4 even with a schedule thats pretty tough (Philly, at Dallas, Carolina, at Minny)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
dbair1967;2457065 said:
Actually the Giants have to lose out and we have to win out. At 12-4, they will win a tie breaker with us because one of their losses was an AFC Loss. We already have 4 conference losses.

I seriously doubt the Giants are going 0-4 even with a schedule thats pretty tough (Philly, at Dallas, Carolina, at Minny)
Right on the :money:

That is the only way and it is highly unlikely. The only way I could see that is if they do lose Eli and fold the tents. We would still have to do what we have not been able to do since 1996, win in December. Only this time we have the toughest schedule we've ever had to close a season. Our remaining 4 opponents have a .723 winning %. Wouldn't it be ironic if we beat the December fade against those kinds of odds.

NFC East crowns and playoffs byes are long dead dreams. Let's come back to reality.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Boysboy;2456904 said:
If you want to play a home game, you HAVE to win your division, at the very least. No ifs, ands, or buts.

Yes-they flirted with the idea that if the 2 WC teams have better records than 2 of the division winners with the worst records, then they will have a higher seeding than them, but it didn't pan out.

No. The number 5 can host the number 6 which would have to be the CC game.

Dallas22

Reaction score
Our only 2 realistic options (IF we can make it to the Playoffs) would be playing at Arizona or at the winner of the NFC North. To me, I'd have no problem playing in Arizona again (revenge would be sweet) or in Minnesota (it's a dome) but I'd be a little more worried playing AT Chicago or AT Green Bay mainly because of the weather.

For the Wild Card spots I'd like to see Carolina take the NFC South since we'd have a better chance to win a tie-breaker against Tampa Bay. I can't believe that Atlanta is so deep in the playoff running, which sucks, cause if they a couple more games it'll make it difficult for us unless we win out or lose only 1 game. This will be VERY tough (but possible), but I think that the only way we'll make the Playoffs going 2-2 in December would be if we win the NY Giants & Phily games (losing the 2 AFC games) which SHOULD give us a pretty good chance in winning the NFC Conference tie-breakers against WAS, ATL, CAR & TB. Gotta wait and see... GO COWBOYS!!!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
They need to change this and im not just saying that because of the position we are in.

Top 2 records should have the BYE.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
We can't get the #2 seed cause that's going to go to the division winner with the second best record. Right now it would be Tampa getting the #2 seed, I believe, with the Giants the #1.