Can we still get a draft pick for Henson?

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Well, you can claim all you want that Henson is still the future of the Cowboys but I'm living in something called the real world. :p:

He didn't have much of a chance going into the preseason as it was, and Bill giving his "don't put him in Canton yet" reponses about Romo's performance pretty much seals the deal and locks Henson out.

Now there's always the chance that Bledsoe leaves after this year, and Romo or a free agent become the starter and Bill & Jerry leave Henson on the roster as a cheap backup QB, but with the way Bill has been evasive with Henson questions lately, not much progress in NFL Europe, and Baker's continued reps in practice, I'm guessing Henson's days are numbered.

So my questions is what kind of draft pick do you think we can get? Any draft pick at all? Is there anything the Boys can grab to salvage that 3rd round pick Jerry gave up? :banghead: Or should we just keep him as a backup until his contract is over (assuming he doesn't demand a trade or release) since there has already been so much time spent to teach him pro mechanics and the Cowboys offense? I doubt there are many 3rd stringers better than Henson.

Hiero

Reaction score
honestly I dont think he has it, and I'd love to salvage a draft pick out of him. There are a lot of good qb's in next years draft.

superpunk

Reaction score
How much longer can you wait on Drew?
As long as I have to, I guess. There is no deadline here.

superpunk

Reaction score
Mr Cowboy said:
That to me speaks volumes, like he is being forced to keep him around. That's what I got from listening to the PC.

:bow:

I'm not that astute.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
apickmans said:
heh gotta love how someone said you'd get a 1st for him.

And I hate how the poll was not made public. I want to ridicule that person.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Like one poster said, it depends on what happens with Bledsoe next year. I see no way Romo sits next year, or he will be getting out of here in FA or via trade.

So if Bledsoe moves on, I think we could keep Henson.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I actually think we can get multiple picks for him....

delrin_picks.jpg

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
apickmans said:
heh gotta love how someone said you'd get a 1st for him.

Oh that was me because it was a stupid poll and I wanted to see the tallies LMAO

aznhalf

Reaction score
If we get anything at all it'll be some silly conditional pick based on playing time he'll never get.

So basically nothing.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Oh that was me because it was a stupid poll and I wanted to see the tallies LMAO

You are a terrible liar.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
I could see a 6th, just because someone might think they can make something out of him. Stranger things have happened.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
The "two 1st rounders" choice is curiously omitted.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
why is everyone so quick on giving up on henson? keep in mind that he is behind Romo on the learning curve probably by two years. First because Romo has been around for 4 years. second Henson took 3 years off and it takes a year to just dust the rust and get back into football shape. Henson eeds another 2 years and that's why we signed him to a 7 year contract. He has all the intangibles.

I personally think Henson is pushing it a bit. I read BPs comments on henson today and he thinks the guy is smart but his mind races. that's a sign of rushing things and forcing things (as BP mentioned). He said Henson can't relax and he just needs to relax a little bit. Henson is probably trying to prove himself, and that's causing him to push hard and push a little too much.

He needs to step back and not try to prove himself so much.

I don't think we will trade him. Not too many 3rd string QBs have the same potential as he does. He is a developmental project.

also don't be fooled by this new kid getting reps yesterday. they are just trying to figure out if he is worth keeping on the PS. Bledsoe is going to be gone next year so they are already thinking 3rd string QB for next year.