Can we still get a draft pick for Henson?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CowboysFaninDC said:
why is everyone so quick on giving up on henson? keep in mind that he is behind Romo on the learning curve probably by two years. First because Romo has been around for 4 years. second Henson took 3 years off and it takes a year to just dust the rust and get back into football shape. Henson eeds another 2 years and that's why we signed him to a 7 year contract. He has all the intangibles.

I personally think Henson is pushing it a bit. I read BPs comments on henson today and he thinks the guy is smart but his mind races. that's a sign of rushing things and forcing things (as BP mentioned). He said Henson can't relax and he just needs to relax a little bit. Henson is probably trying to prove himself, and that's causing him to push hard and push a little too much.

He needs to step back and not try to prove himself so much.

I don't think we will trade him. Not too many 3rd string QBs have the same potential as he does. He is a developmental project.

also don't be fooled by this new kid getting reps yesterday. they are just trying to figure out if he is worth keeping on the PS. Bledsoe is going to be gone next year so they are already thinking 3rd string QB for next year.

I agree, I have never bought into BP hates Henson or does not want Henson here. As for trade I don't think it will happen but I learned a long time ago that if the right deal comes along any player can get traded. For now Henson just needs to continue to do what is ask of him and when he gets his chance he needs to make the most of it.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Let's face it. Either he's going to be one of our backups and a future possibility, or he's not. If he can't even make the team with Bledsoe and Romo at QB and some nobody who will have to be our #3, then no one is going to give us jack in a trade...they aren't that stupid.