Can we talk about Donovan Wilson?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Someone took a picture of him in the locker room.

giphy.gif
Bell and Thomas wally pipped him while injured. Kearse been bit MIA as well. the young guys have shot of taking their spots next year and seamlessly i might add.

Last edited:

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Bell and Thomas wally pipped him while injured. Kearse been bit MIA as well. the young guys have shot of taking their spots next year and seamlessly i might add.
Thomas should be at worst worked into the rotation right now. I'll be surprised if he's not starting next season

Kearse hasn't looked the same athletically since 2021. And Wilson may still be feeling the effects of the training camp injury.

Mcsports

Reaction score
Hey man, you can't put baseball references on here. This is football only......

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Dude got hurt in camp and has been battling injuries all season. It happens.. He's been out there giving effort but sometimes the mind is willing but the body can fail you. What was his injury like a pulled muscle? Calf or hammie? Either way both take months to fully heal and he only took a couple of weeks. And playing football is really bad for recovery. So I hear anyway.
Has he been on the injury report?

Momanpr100

Reaction score
Have there been many big plays in the passing game? Seems like he's doing his job fine.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Seems like everyone we pay is injured or ends up getting injured.
No.. everybody gets injured.. paid or not. The only difference is that some guys feel a responsibility to keep playing hurt because of the money while others go sit on the side and count their cash. Let's run down the list of guys who have missed time BEFORE they signed big deals:

LVE - neck, multiple times
CD - concussion
Tyler Smith - thigh?
Tank - broken foot as a rook, shoulder surgery in 2019 or 2020.. all pre "big deal."
Dak - leg bout fell off
Biadasz - a variety of ailments
Pollard - got hurt and missed time in 2021 and 2022.. Does he even count since he aint signed a big deal yet?

Those are just the ones who come to mind. I'm sure there are many others. This is football .. people get hurt.. size of paycheck doesn't really impact it one way or the other.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
One of the big things that determines playoff success is health. This year, we seem to have quite a few players who started off the season battling injury who may be getting healthier now. I think Wilson is one of them, maybe Gallup, Tyron (although that could be short-lived), who knows maybe even Pollard and Steele. Injuries are tough to come back from, so it would be great to see these players start to regain their form.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No.. everybody gets injured.. paid or not. The only difference is that some guys feel a responsibility to keep playing hurt because of the money while others go sit on the side and count their cash. Let's run down the list of guys who have missed time BEFORE they signed big deals:

LVE - neck, multiple times
CD - concussion
Tyler Smith - thigh?
Tank - broken foot as a rook, shoulder surgery in 2019 or 2020.. all pre "big deal."
Dak - leg bout fell off
Biadasz - a variety of ailments
Pollard - got hurt and missed time in 2021 and 2022.. Does he even count since he aint signed a big deal yet?

Those are just the ones who come to mind. I'm sure there are many others. This is football .. people get hurt.. size of paycheck doesn't really impact it one way or the other.
The players that have gotten paid and gotten hurt, couldn’t play because they suffered serious injuries or injuries that prevented them from playing, even though they wanted to.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
The one that has me concerned is Kearse. He used to be a beast in man coverage and pursuit.

As has been pointed out 6 is dinged.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Donovan is sixth on the team in tackles and missed 2 games. Usually when a safety is making all the tackles, it's the sign of a mediocre front seven.
He is a candidate for DQ’s hybrid LB/SS spot now manned by Bell.