Can we talk about Ezekiel Elliott?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
These past two weeks, he has run with power. Speed. Agility. Determination. He has plowed through defenders like a tank.

Props to the guy. Feed him.

He’s the best Runningback in football right now.

If you really needed him to he could be a great receiver but he is running as hard as I can remember and he looks quicker.

Big plays are coming.

wick

Reaction score
The offense only got good once we couldn’t run due to the clock. That is not a coincidence.

DanA

Reaction score
He looks like he’s back and is running and blocking better than ever. On the flip side he’s on track to fumble the ball 16 times this season and that’s not acceptable. I’m willing to call it an anomaly after just two weeks. All other signs are positive.

Scotman

Reaction score
The drops...dang. BUT, he definitely is showing some real burst and power again. Not to mention, he was CRUCIAL in blocking, too. He kept Dak from getting clobbered more than once.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
The 2016 Zeke ain’t coming back fellas.

Zeke is a power back that does his best work between the tackles.

Why on earth we keep trying to run Zeke on sweeps is beyond me. He doesn’t have the foot speed to turn the corner. He ain’t that guy anymore; let the man run north and south. Soften the belly of the defense; work off play-action; use your receivers.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
He looks like he’s back and is running and blocking better than ever. On the flip side he’s on track to fumble the ball 16 times this season and that’s not acceptable. I’m willing to call it an anomaly after just two weeks. All other signs are positive.

He’s fumbled 11 times since 2018. That’s a problem.

sacase

Reaction score
Zeke got paid because it all starts with him. He put this team on his back and said we are not going to lose. That first TD drive was all Zeke. Dak had no answer for anything. As soon as Zeke got going, they had to back off and not come at Dak as hard. When you need someone to step up and lead you look at Zeke.

Hardline

Reaction score
He is running angry. He wants to punish people for getting in his way.
Unfortunately we haven't seen any huge home run plays where he takes it to the house

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
These past two weeks, he has run with power. Speed. Agility. Determination. He has plowed through defenders like a tank.

Props to the guy. Feed him.

Running downhill. I like it. Contributes in the passing game too.

They're giving Lamb some of that jet sweep action. And Dak some read option. I'd like more Pollard too, but more of that multi run threat misdirection offense is the way for our team to go. We've got the horses for it. Ride them. Should help to keep teams from keying so much on Zeke, making him more productive when he does get the ball.