Can we talk about the Offensive line?

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
Frederick out. The guy on Looney's left was a guy we picked up on waivers a few weeks ago. The guy on his right has some potential but lost his job to another waiver wire claim.

If we could please have one thread not about how much Dak sucks (I'm in the middle on him)?

Our OL is a shell of its former self. We aren't the same team with Frederick out, Martin hobbled, Tyron not at full strength, and now Filo injured. IMO, this is the biggest factor that has the potential to make us a one and done playoff team.

foofighters

Reaction score
Frederick out. The guy on Looney's left was a guy we picked up on waivers a few weeks ago. The guy on his right has some potential but lost his job to another waiver wire claim.

If we could please have one thread not about how much Dak sucks (I'm in the middle on him)?

Our OL is a shell of its former self. We aren't the same team with Frederick out, Martin hobbled, Tyron not at full strength, and now Filo injured. IMO, this is the biggest factor that has the potential to make us a one and done playoff team.
Yet, our RB is doing what? Dak is taking sacks from holding on to the ball for far too long. He's not picking up blitzes pre-snap. Sure the line can improve but it's not the reason we suck inside the 20.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
3 first round picks and a second rounder, gigantic contracts, a C who hasn't seen the field this season, a phenomenal RG who is banged up, a LT who is a shell of himself and leads the league in holding penalties, a rookie guard that should be playing tackle, an underachieving RT who should be playing LG, two JAGs we picked up off of waivers who are serviceable although one now has an eye injury, and Joe Looney.

What could go wrong, did go wrong this year for this OL and it will hold us hostage in the playoffs just like in 09.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Actually the line had done a pretty good job run blocking, but a lousy job pass blocking.
Also, Zeke is a great pass blocker, but he has been going out on routes a lot more this year. This means one less blocker for Dak.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Yet, our running back is leading the NFL in rushing. I'm not trying to turn this into a Zeke thread, but to me this is proof that Zeke is more than his offensive line.

That one kinda stung, it was so on point. LOL........

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I don't know about ours, but here's the Egals. :lmao2:
HScH4El.jpg

Dre11

Reaction score
Yet, our RB is doing what? Dak is taking sacks from holding on to the ball for far too long. He's not picking up blitzes pre-snap. Sure the line can improve but it's not the reason we suck inside the 20.

Or is he giving his wr a chance? Remember Romo held the ball too.

blumayne38

Reaction score

Blah blah blah

Dre11

Reaction score
Yet were 8-6, and in first place. Hell of a coaching job, isn't it?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Or is he giving his wr a chance? Remember Romo held the ball too.

Romo did hold the ball to long a lot of times IMO. That was one of the things I did not like about Tony but he had something that this Offense doesn't have, necessarily. He could create instant Offense and this one isn't designed to do that. We are more of a ball control offense, we rely much more on field position and the strength of our Defense. The Defense is our best weapon at this point and the more sacks you take, the more you hurt that, to say nothing of our own Offense.

That's just my opinion.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Good QB play makes OL look good, bad QB play makes OL look bad. Go look at Brady's OL. They aren't all that great but because he releases the ball so quick they look better than what they are. We had a dominant OL in 2016 hence Dak looked much better than he is.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Anyone have the starting lineup for the offensive line against the Colts?