Can we talk about the Offensive line?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Yet, our running back is leading the NFL in rushing. I'm not trying to turn this into a Zeke thread, but to me this is proof that Zeke is more than his offensive line.
Also has a lot to do with him having by far the most attempts in the league

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Anyone have any stats on Oline penalties, especially holding? I mean, we have to be near the top of the league in this category.

Tyron- 8 penalties 74 yards
Lael- 7 penalties 54 yards
Williams- 5 penalties 55 yards
Looney- 4 penalties 40 yards
Martin- 1 5
Fleming- 1 5
XSF- 1 10

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Yet, our RB is doing what? Dak is taking sacks from holding on to the ball for far too long. He's not picking up blitzes pre-snap. Sure the line can improve but it's not the reason we suck inside the 20.

The Oline is in fact one of the main reasons we suck inside the 20

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Frederick out. The guy on Looney's left was a guy we picked up on waivers a few weeks ago. The guy on his right has some potential but lost his job to another waiver wire claim.

If we could please have one thread not about how much Dak sucks (I'm in the middle on him)?

Our OL is a shell of its former self. We aren't the same team with Frederick out, Martin hobbled, Tyron not at full strength, and now Filo injured. IMO, this is the biggest factor that has the potential to make us a one and done playoff team.

100%. Dak trolls don't understand that complicated dynamic about Oline play and offensive football. They just think any QB should be able to play every week at a pro bowl level no matter who else is on the team.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Yet, our RB is doing what? Dak is taking sacks from holding on to the ball for far too long. He's not picking up blitzes pre-snap. Sure the line can improve but it's not the reason we suck inside the 20.
two of the sacks in indy were definitely result of holding too long. I counted 5 seconds before defenders got there and I was screaming at the TV.

Cowboysfan1975

Reaction score
A lot of the O line issues is because of missing Fredbeard. Joe has been good physically, but he lacks the ability to direct the rest of the line pre snap.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Very good at run blocking but our scheme often requires more time in pass blocking so it’s not so good in the pass blocking dept.

If we had just ran Zeke and Rod back and forth all day we probably would have won that Indy game. We were dominating them on the ground before the score started getting away from us...

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Frederick out. The guy on Looney's left was a guy we picked up on waivers a few weeks ago. The guy on his right has some potential but lost his job to another waiver wire claim.

If we could please have one thread not about how much Dak sucks (I'm in the middle on him)?

Our OL is a shell of its former self. We aren't the same team with Frederick out, Martin hobbled, Tyron not at full strength, and now Filo injured. IMO, this is the biggest factor that has the potential to make us a one and done playoff team.

Uh, the first waiver wire pick to Looney's left beat out our 2nd round pick. He was actually pretty good until he got his eye gouged.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
The o-line has been a mess for 2 years,and now the interior is a wreck too. They tried to address it with the Cooner pick,but that didn’t work out as hoped. So,they’ll have to draft more again,no way around it. Because regardless of Dak’s shortcomings,a QB doesn’t stand a chance on those plays where the defense shoots up the middle,or collapses the pocket from the sides like they’ve been doing all season,with yesterday being a disaster for blocking. I do think Dallas has done a fantastic job at managing the situation in terms of injury,and depth,but they just don’t have the level of performance required for their starting 5.

Little Jr

Reaction score
Anyone have any stats on Oline penalties, especially holding? I mean, we have to be near the top of the league in this category.
Cowboys OL now 4th in holding penalties, 2nd in road holding penalties and Tyron Smith is tied for the league lead with 6 on his own.

foofighters

Reaction score
So, what did we win? Dak as qb, made it to the same spot in the playoffs as Romo.
Lol, I get it now. You're one of those guys who hate Romo because your ex girl fell for him and love the fact that Dak replaced him and now have the Dak blinders on. This team is winning because of our defense. Something Romo really didn't have.

CB61

Reaction score

You are correct my friend but when he stands there and does nothing and gets sacked you can't blame that all on the line he had plenty of chances to get out of there or throw the ball the way I think he is forgotten the word roll out not every old line is perfect and ours is far from it but serviceable at the very least

Dre11

Reaction score
Lol, I get it now. You're one of those guys who hate Romo because your ex girl fell for him and love the fact that Dak replaced him and now have the Dak blinders on. This team is winning because of our defense. Something Romo really didn't have.

Ahhhh, what a *******, I actually wanted Romo to get his job back when healthy, I wanted him starting in the playoffs in 2016. So no, far from a Romo hater, but the fact remains he made it to the same plateau. In 2016 there wasn't a defense either. Another fail by you.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
It's really a doomsday scenario. Too many guys with tough injuries. I don't think that home playoff game will be a pretty outcome.